Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Axes? Really?

kmontyw
11.09.2012 , 09:16 AM | #1
So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.
I am an international man of mystery... or am I

Xenirath
11.09.2012 , 09:19 AM | #2
Oh my god how can you be against variety!

I am totally gonna dual wield axes, and I will until they add nun-chucks!
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Xezkaiel
11.09.2012 , 09:19 AM | #3
1. What exactly makes u think that?

2. I think its alright. I mean, I like the idea of moddable vibroblades to rival lightsabers. Axes as weapons do have some small place in star wars lore, and can always be crafted from saber resistant materials...I think its totally viable and I dont think there will be TONS of ppl going out of their way to mod an ax or sword, so ur immersion is prob safe :P
Nivek-Goroh: Miraluka Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Idashia Sunshatter: Miraluka Kinetic Shadow
Xothrim Sunshatter: Cyborg Madness Sorcerer
Loreldia Sunshatter: Cyborg Medic Commando

Xenirath
11.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xezkaiel View Post
1. What exactly makes u think that?

2. I think its alright. I mean, I like the idea of moddable vibroblades to rival lightsabers. Axes as weapons do have some small place in star wars lore, and can always be crafted from saber resistant materials...I think its totally viable and I dont think there will be TONS of ppl going out of their way to mod an ax or sword, so ur immersion is prob safe :P
Its also a cartel item so I mean its gonna take real money to get em
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

amnie
11.09.2012 , 09:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.
are you by any chance the same guy who complained to me a while back that I'm 'doing it wrong' because my jedi guardian is running around with a vibro sword?

Codek
11.09.2012 , 09:22 AM | #6
I also thought this was a stupid idea as well. But in the end, I'm putting the blame on any player who actually puts forth the money to buy these for use over the actual developers intent to put them in the game.
~Codek

Xezkaiel
11.09.2012 , 09:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Its also a cartel item so I mean its gonna take real money to get em
Ahhh I did not realize that. Hmmm, prob something I wont get for a while anyway then as it prob will be pricey. I still think its an okay idea though.
Nivek-Goroh: Miraluka Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Idashia Sunshatter: Miraluka Kinetic Shadow
Xothrim Sunshatter: Cyborg Madness Sorcerer
Loreldia Sunshatter: Cyborg Medic Commando

CthulhuRyleh
11.09.2012 , 09:22 AM | #8
Well they do have a place in the Star Wars universe they are Gammorean axes after all, but what a Jedi is doing with them is anybody's guess.

kmontyw
11.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CthulhuRyleh View Post
Well they do have a place in the Star Wars universe they are Gammorean axes after all, but what a Jedi is doing with them is anybody's guess.
Incoming, Alderaan pastry throwing buns and Hothean snow ball guns. Save those Cartel Coins my friends!
I am an international man of mystery... or am I

saremun
11.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #10
yeah and do you know what is the funny about that? well light sabers can cut through metals but now you can fight a Jedi/Sith with 2 metal Axes against their Light saber lol, go play Lotro ppl at least better looking Axes there.

the worst than that is the THRONE which you can DRIVE!

now would it be kinda stupid for a Jedi/Sith to change his Light sabers with normal AXES? hmmm guess not because the freaking Axes gonna do the same damage as a light saber, WELL DONE BIOWARE!