Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments! Who makes them?

Jadescythe
11.09.2012 , 11:02 AM | #11
Augmenting gear is expensive, so doing it at lower levels is not advisable and the content was originally designed prior to augmentation being an option so you will outgear the content for the most part. You will also quickly outlevel most of your gear, so make sure that if you do choose to augment a piece, that it is at least an orange item that you can change the parts of to upgrade later. There are schematics for lower level augments out there, but keep in mind that there are also different augment kit levels as well. You can only place an augment into a slot if the kit you used to create that augment slot was of equal level or higher. The crafting skill requirement for the lower level augments and augment kits scales based on quality just like all other craftable gear. I personally have never made the lower tier augments, so i don't know what mats they use, but I know that schematics drop frequently on slicing missions. If you don't have multiple toons, then it will be difficult to have the crew skills needed to be a successful crafter in one profession and carry slicing as well. If you truly want armstech, armormech, or synthweaving just for augment kits and augments, then don't take the mission skill and take slicing instead. Thus you would have the crafting skill, gathering skill (archaeology or scavenging depending on which crafting skill) and slicing.
I have opinions and stuff

CthulhuRyleh
11.09.2012 , 11:06 AM | #12
Oh okay that makes some sense, I have a 50 with just three gathering skills and running an alt with armstech so I should be able to swing it a little bit anyways.
Thanks for the information!

Oggthebase
11.09.2012 , 01:07 PM | #13
Exactly what Jadescythe wrote.

You can indeed roleplay your gunslinger so that he has an obsession with guns, and try to keep the augment slots on his guns up to date as you level him, but it'll be a lot of effort for little gain, apart from your own roleplaying satisfaction.