Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments! Who makes them?

CthulhuRyleh
11.09.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1
Title says it all, I know as a armstech you can add an augment slot into a weapon or artifice makes an augment slot in your lightsaber, but who makes the augments? Is it cybertech?

Oggthebase
11.09.2012 , 09:19 AM | #2
- slicing provide the blue / purple materials

- armortech makes the aim, cunning, absorb, shield augments
- armstech makes the presence, endurance, defense, power augments
- synthweaving makes the strength, willpower, critical, surge augments

I listed these off the top of my head so I may have one or two wrong...

Riplin
11.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #3
Armormech/Armstech/Synthweaving all make the augment kits as well as the augments. Each crew skill has a different set of augments they can make.

Atramar
11.09.2012 , 09:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
- slicing provide the blue / purple materials

- armortech makes the aim, cunning, absorb, shield augments
- armstech makes the presence, endurance, defense, power augments
- synthweaving makes the strength, willpower, critical, surge augments

I listed these off the top of my head so I may have one or two wrong...
synth does defense augs
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

CthulhuRyleh
11.09.2012 , 09:37 AM | #5
Oh okay I see, at what level crew skills will you get the option to make the augments? Artifice can't make them?

Atramar
11.09.2012 , 09:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CthulhuRyleh View Post
Oh okay I see, at what level crew skills will you get the option to make the augments? Artifice can't make them?
1. You need level 400
2. you get recs from slicing
3. Artifice does not make auguments. (unless I'm mistaken)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel

CthulhuRyleh
11.09.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
1. You need level 400
2. you get recs from slicing
3. Artifice does not make auguments. (unless I'm mistaken)
400?! seriously?! That seems ridiculous, I made augment slots so early on but I can't actually make the augment until way later? That is disappointing that I'd have to buy my augments for my low levels.

Atramar
11.09.2012 , 09:48 AM | #8
Sorry, I was incorrect. you can do lower lvl auguments with lower lvl crew skill.

BTW. augument slot items are for every item.

Oggthebase
11.09.2012 , 09:50 AM | #9
I believe you can make augments as soon as you can learn new schematics, there are augments for level 20 etc...
The schematics can be found as uncommon from missions (I don't remember which I think it's slicing but I may be wrong), and can be bought from the GTN as well (usually quite cheap).

However, there is very little point in going through the extra effort of putting augments in a character that is not level 50, as the augment mechanism was added after the game went live, so the leveling power curve was tuned without the augments.

Keep your credits!

CthulhuRyleh
11.09.2012 , 10:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
I believe you can make augments as soon as you can learn new schematics, there are augments for level 20 etc...
The schematics can be found as uncommon from missions (I don't remember which I think it's slicing but I may be wrong), and can be bought from the GTN as well (usually quite cheap).

However, there is very little point in going through the extra effort of putting augments in a character that is not level 50, as the augment mechanism was added after the game went live, so the leveling power curve was tuned without the augments.

Keep your credits!
Maybe I'm an idiot but I don't quite get what your saying. Let me tell you what I am planning and you can tell me why it's a bad idea!
I'm just playing my Gunslinger and put augment slots in both my guns, I like to role play my character and my character has an unhealthy obsession with his guns (him and Corso get along great) so I figured my character would be all about upgrading his guns so putting augments in them would be suitable. Now I am only level 17 on him so any augments I get will no doubt be minor but I'd still like to have them. Role play aside why exactly is it a bad idea to augment your gear at low levels?