Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ops vs assassin

Philelectric
11.09.2012 , 08:32 PM | #21
First:in this game all classes are overpowered execpt merc/commando. Mara are op, operative healers are op smashing juggs are op,hybrid sorc are op,powertech are op assassin are op,snipers are op. In other words, nothing is op,there is only papers unable to beat scissors so they cry for nerf. (smashing juggs are not that hard to kill,PTs are not that hard to kill to and if you have half a brain and know the effect of the assassin's def cooldowns, you can kill it too)

Smashing jugg---> assassins are op---> used smash on force shroud--->facepalm
assassin-->maras are op---> wasted all the stuns before undying rage--->facepalm
mara---> smashing juggs are op--->you have a build that is almost the same--->facepalm
assassin-->PTs are op--used force shroud before any dot and ''bursted'' while the 25% dmg reduction shield was up-->facepalm
mara-->snipers are op-->have not used force camouflage as a gap closer and used ravage when the sniper's knock back was still up---facepalm

On topic, I'll say you should choose assassin, the class is a lot better than operative on the survivability side and maybe burst more (I've never played an operative so I cant really juge the dps)

warultima
11.09.2012 , 09:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
First:in this game all classes are overpowered execpt merc/commando. Mara are op, operative healers are op smashing juggs are op,hybrid sorc are op,powertech are op assassin are op,snipers are op. In other words, nothing is op,there is only papers unable to beat scissors so they cry for nerf. (smashing juggs are not that hard to kill,PTs are not that hard to kill to and if you have half a brain and know the effect of the assassin's def cooldowns, you can kill it too)

Smashing jugg---> assassins are op---> used smash on force shroud--->facepalm
assassin-->maras are op---> wasted all the stuns before undying rage--->facepalm
mara---> smashing juggs are op--->you have a build that is almost the same--->facepalm
assassin-->PTs are op--used force shroud before any dot and ''bursted'' while the 25% dmg reduction shield was up-->facepalm
mara-->snipers are op-->have not used force camouflage as a gap closer and used ravage when the sniper's knock back was still up---facepalm

On topic, I'll say you should choose assassin, the class is a lot better than operative on the survivability side and maybe burst more (I've never played an operative so I cant really juge the dps)
OP wants to 1. Stealth and 2. Deal Damage. So operative healer is OP doesnt mean operative DPS is OP. In fact DPS operative is one of the least desired DPS class in both PvP and PvE.

DPS wise, Operative will have higher open (assuming the operative gets to open with hidden strike) operative will go slightly higher burst in the 1st few GCD, Assassins will blow them right out of the water when they got all their buffs stacked up like "energized" or "5x surging charged" or "3x harness darkness" then it's "burn time"

In most cases if a fight lasts longer than the 3 GCD Sins become better at DPS as well as everything else and their survivability definitely helps them in that regard.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

TonyDragonflame
11.10.2012 , 04:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
The dps operative is a one trick pony compaired to any sin spec. Almost everything the operative does, a sin does better.
^ this.
Sins - most OP class, because stealth (= tactical advantage + advantage of first strike), great survivability, great utility and quite good damage.
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN