Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ops vs assassin

Capt_Beers
11.09.2012 , 09:05 AM | #11
I personally love my Shadow. They are just swimming in utility. I'm a KC/Balance Hybrid and the utility that class has is limitless:

- Force Pull
- Force Speed
- Force in Balance - Best AoE cap stopper in my opinion
- Resilience - Removes all DoTs and makes you immune to Force/Tech
- Taunts as a DPS class.
- Force Wave - Say what you will about the change I think it's 100% better now. If you close to a hole/pit you're going in that bad boy. If you're not close enough see number 1.
- Insta-Force Lift with additional 2 sec stun if broken.
- Spinning Kick out of stealth.

The list goes on and on. They make awesome node guards, ball carriers and harassers. It's also super fun to play. Now if a "stealthy" class is what you want maybe go for OP. I'm barley in stealth on my Shadow. I use when I need to but I rarely kill someone then restealth. I don't have an Operative but I feel like of the ones I've fought most of then get the kill then get out of dodge. A hybrid Shadow can attack from stealth and stay out, better survivability I guess.

I love my Shadow, even tough he wears dresses I'm not here to judge. Though that will be your biggest problem with the Shadow AC is the gear for them looks ridiculous. Tor-Fashion will be your friend here to make your Shadow/Assassin not look retarded.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

AMKSED
11.09.2012 , 09:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Sin. easy to play, viable on all 3 specs for pvp and pve, sprint, knock back, and many other.

but that is just my humble opinion.
Or you can just play melee OP and spam 3 melee attacks and kill people.

TyrellJonez
11.09.2012 , 10:10 AM | #13
It is very similar but I love my Sin to death. I wade into battle stealthed, jump on the healer and proceed to whack with a glowstick till dead. If his boys try to help, i pop Dcds and re-stealth, wait a second or two for them to switch back then pounce again. Their battle lines fall apart and scatter and are mopped up by my teamates.

I hold nodes and doors when outnumbered. I survive the onslaught. I de-stealth sometimes just to let them know i'm there, and that from the last time they tried to fight me they need moar backup.

Assassin=Spacebatman. werd.

byteresistor
11.09.2012 , 11:55 AM | #14
The dps operative has nothing on sins, aside from maybe hidden strike but I could list a ton of stuff the sin does better in every other area. It's kinda sad the state dps operative3s are atm, esp. lethality. If you can't kill someone in a few seconds after your opener and you don't have combat stealth ready you're basically done for.

Invictusthetaru
11.09.2012 , 01:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
Not sure about the damage but the word survivability is what an assasin can be proud of. Can't say the same about oper. Oh, and utility seems to me a bit wider too. Sprint and deflect is just Heaven's gift.
Wait, so burst operatives get self heals, cloak out, cleanse, dodge (no master strike, ambush dmg, rail shot), defense screen (minor, but effective) speed boost, snare that's an amazing root when specced, 8 second AOE mezz, and they don't have survivability???!

Sorry but I'll take an operatives tricks over a deception sin any day of the week. Tank sin is completely different.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

warultima
11.09.2012 , 04:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
Sorry but I'll take an operatives tricks over a deception sin any day of the week. Tank sin is completely different.
Not really if you know how to play your shadow and hybridize it correctly and know how to play. And why would you need all the "tricks" when you can kill anything and everything (assuming you know how to play a shadowsin ofc)

And as you said, tanksin (or any of the hybrid spec) will blow operative out of the water unless the sin/shadow is stupid and cant play. Also in case you have no idea no one is stopping you to do a tank hybrid with just 3 points in duplicity and you get to exploit the sick damage maul thats also next to free across all specs.

Again as most people said, Sins are better than operative DPS by a longshot.
In reality Operative are usually only used to heal, and theres really no point to take a full DPS operative over a Sin in any spec in "most" of the WZs situations.

But then again as I mentioned in my pervious post, there are plenty of bad sin/shadow that will tell you operative is better however.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Stenrik
11.09.2012 , 07:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Or you can just play melee OP and spam 3 melee attacks and kill people.
I lol'd.

byteresistor
11.09.2012 , 07:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
Wait, so burst operatives get self heals, cloak out, cleanse, dodge (no master strike, ambush dmg, rail shot), defense screen (minor, but effective) speed boost, snare that's an amazing root when specced, 8 second AOE mezz, and they don't have survivability???!

self heals - a madness assasin has these, not quite as powerful as the operatives but they proc automatically from damage dealt whereas the operative (a melee class) has to stop and cast a heal.
cloak out- sins have it too
dodge- yep sins have something similar
speed boost - I'd take force speed any day over a 50% speed boost after exiting stealth

The dps operative is a one trick pony compaired to any sin spec. Almost everything the operative does, a sin does better. And I'm not saying this simply because I'm so in love with the assassin, I say it because dps op's could use some buffs. Heck, sins could use some nerfs.

Blasphemerr
11.09.2012 , 07:44 PM | #19
0/27/14 is where it's at. Tank specs are boring!
Something pretentious.

RankorSSGS
11.09.2012 , 07:54 PM | #20
The only issue with Tanksins currently is that the tank hybrids are perhaps a little too powerful. Nothing game breaking, unless your a baddie of course, but then everything is game breaking to you. Just a few small things here and there. The two dps specs on the other hand, still need more buffs. 1.4 helped incredibly, dps sins aren't free kills anymore, but they still aren't enough. The best dps specs are the hybrids, which are actually quite nice builds. Those can be viable. The reason sins come up with so many hybrids, is because we have to, because our full trees just don't cut it. Neither full Deception or full Madness is a desired spec for ranked games. Whereas Marauders get all 3 trees that are viable all the way up to the 31 point talent, sins do not. It's quite sad really, since the build that gets all the hate is yet another hybrid, essentially 0 of our trees are viable for pvp. It's all hybrids. So fine, give tank spec the small nerfs it may or may not deserve. But then give the dps specs some buffs in return.