Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ops vs assassin

AlexanderFett
11.08.2012 , 11:56 PM | #1
I am looking class that can do stealth and do great damage. But I am not sure if ops or assassin has greater damage!
Help

dejavy
11.08.2012 , 11:59 PM | #2
Not sure about the damage but the word survivability is what an assasin can be proud of. Can't say the same about oper. Oh, and utility seems to me a bit wider too. Sprint and deflect is just Heaven's gift.

Masarko
11.09.2012 , 12:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
Not sure about the damage but the word survivability is what an assasin can be proud of. Can't say the same about oper. Oh, and utility seems to me a bit wider too. Sprint and deflect is just Heaven's gift.
dont forget mini godmode

Wainamoinen
11.09.2012 , 05:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
dont forget mini godmode
Demigodmode?
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

cycao
11.09.2012 , 07:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
dont forget mini godmode
I am assuming you are referring to shroud?

Altheran
11.09.2012 , 07:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Demigodmode?
This word fits better than Godmode since it prevents only an half of damage types and they still can be slained by the other types during this short time.

foxmob
11.09.2012 , 07:30 AM | #7
sometimes I think the greatest advantage to shroud is that it's the only abil that can cleanse all forms of dots (and roots/stuns/snares?). imagine that: a commando healer who could...you know...cleanse a sorc dot. it's comical that I can at least kite (if not kill) a mara, but i'm helpless against a dot spec sorc.

anyway, back on topic, I think assassin is the better choice for dps. in my experience, it's a hybrid build that really wrecks house, but deception seems to work thus far (I'm new at it), and they're the best choice to guard a node in any spec. in the right spec, they'll have more burst than an op. you'll usually see a pair of sins or an op + sin take another team's natural node. tough to call inc. when they're already on you.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Atramar
11.09.2012 , 07:43 AM | #8
Sin. easy to play, viable on all 3 specs for pvp and pve, sprint, knock back, and many other.

but that is just my humble opinion.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

warultima
11.09.2012 , 08:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Sin. easy to play, viable on all 3 specs for pvp and pve, sprint, knock back, and many other.

but that is just my humble opinion.
Yes, Sins are the ONLY other AC other than Marauder who enjor all three trees being completely viable. Not just that, they are also the most hybrid happy AC in the entire game. And in many cases their hybrid specs performs even more superior compare to their full specs. Sins can choose to be super bursty, or they can choose to be super tanky, hell they can spec to be very tanky WHILE melting your face off if they choose to.

DPS wise (as well as utilities as well as survivability as well as sustained burst dps as well as pve dps capability) Sins are undoubtedly better overall.

One thing Operative DPS does better IMO, is their play style is closer to a real "rogue" archetype if thats what you are looking for (like Rogues in WoW).

Sin even tho can stealth just like operative, they are not nearly as dependant on stealth like operative DPS. Most Sin specs fight just as well without having to get an opener from stealth whereas getting hidden strike in dictates the outcome of the fight and is the ONLY advantage operative has. Which also means when operative is unable to open with hidden strike from stealth they are very poor dps compare to premium class like Sin/Mara/PT... which unfortunately is the majority of WZ skirmishes because WZ is rarely 1v1. And all the Sin's superior group pvp utilities aside, ironically Sins also IS the best 1v1 class in swtor (requires the player to know how to play which is rare in Sin community).

Operative is probably the worst dps class ever to exist in SWTOR if you dont get to open with hidden strike from stealth (and lethalty is even worse imo where most of your attacks actually keep you in combat and prevent you from able to re-stealth). Unlike operative Sins are pretty jesus in comparison for the overall playability ESPECIALLY in WZs.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Stenrik
11.09.2012 , 08:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Sin even tho can stealth just like operative, they are not nearly as dependant on stealth like operative DPS. Most Sin specs fight just as well without having to get an opener from stealth whereas getting hidden strike in dictates the outcome of the fight and is the ONLY advantage operative has. Which also means when operative is unable to open with hidden strike from stealth they are very poor dps compare to premium class like Sin/Mara/PT... which unfortunately is the majority of WZ skirmishes because WZ is rarely 1v1. And all the Sin's superior group pvp utilities aside, ironically Sins also IS the best 1v1 class in swtor (requires the player to know how to play which is rare in Sin community).

Operative is probably the worst dps class ever to exist in SWTOR if you dont get to open with hidden strike from stealth (and lethalty is even worse imo where most of your attacks actually keep you in combat and prevent you from able to re-stealth). Unlike operative Sins are pretty jesus in comparison for the overall playability ESPECIALLY in WZs.
Boy am I finding this out. My assassin isn't 50 yet, but my PVP-leveling experience has been so much smoother and more powerful than my scoundrel was. Granted, I was a noob during my scoundrel days, so I'm not sure how much of it was due to my lack of skill.
I personally think that op/scoundel could use a move almost as powerful as Hidden Strike/shoot first. This move wouldn't require being behind the target, and would share a cooldown with the stealth opener. That way they're still incentivized to stealth, but aren't at as severe a disadvantage if they are caught out of it.