Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

LordKalvarius
11.08.2012 , 11:04 PM | #41
I saw that the Yellow-Orange crystals were going to be about $10. I laughed and moved on. Not cool enough to pay $20 or save up for 4 months, Better drop creds every time i hit something.

11.08.2012 , 11:40 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
Crap, I HATE when they do crap like this. "Get it now because it'll never, ever come back, so you gotta pay NOW or never!" They really know how to play to those who like to collect stuff. I really help Bioware holds off on that one.
Relax. Every other F2P that has done this has just waited a year and then put those same items back up for sale.. they are in it to make money so NOTHING will be unique or a true 'one time only' offer.

MoobooMagoo
11.08.2012 , 11:48 PM | #43
I don't really mind the prices for the gear, but I also don't go out of my way for gear and crystals

The only things I really care about are the vanity pets and mounts, and the prices that I've seen look about right for those as well.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

GratuaCuun
11.09.2012 , 12:39 AM | #44
The prices seem fair to me - and all my money goes to making TOR better I don't see a downside... other than 'I can't buy all the stuff I want at once - WAAAAH!!!'
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

Stenrik
11.09.2012 , 01:01 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
Relax. Every other F2P that has done this has just waited a year and then put those same items back up for sale.. they are in it to make money so NOTHING will be unique or a true 'one time only' offer.
That's good to know. I've played a couple games that started doing this, but not for longer than a year, so I didn't know that companies usually bring them out again.

sumuji
11.09.2012 , 01:02 AM | #46
You'd probably not believe what some people pay a month in f2p games with an item shop. Needless to say that TOR's will not be pay to win so it's totally optional.

Darth-Rammstein
11.09.2012 , 01:08 AM | #47
If they aren't even legacy bound then what's the point? I already have my exalted set that I can mail between characters if I so choose to. Having an orange set bound to a single character is dumb.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Zaxem
11.09.2012 , 01:42 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
If they aren't even legacy bound then what's the point? I already have my exalted set that I can mail between characters if I so choose to. Having an orange set bound to a single character is dumb.
i hear ya on the BOL thing I want the option to do different looks if i decide i want the Nihilus mask for instance on my SI instead of my SW
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Karkais
11.09.2012 , 01:46 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Appearance affects gameplay a lot.
Which I hope Bioware had realized early on.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

Polebreaker
11.09.2012 , 01:54 AM | #50
The rent is too damn high!