Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

Andryah
12.05.2012 , 08:03 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by kaug View Post
I think a lot of the items on the cartel market are not selling at all.
Based strictly on what I see on the players and on the GTN... I disagree with you. LOTS of the armor is being purchased. I see it regularly on the players and I see a truck load of it on the GTN. There is some of the armor sets that I think are not selling well, but given how ugly they are.. I can see why.... but I'm sure there are people that like them and buy them.

Personally, I have aquired most of my cartel armor off the GTN.

Now, based on GTN listings though... I do think the market for the cartel packs has peaked and is declining quickly.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

SWGEvictee
12.05.2012 , 08:04 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
The prices for items on the cartel market is just way too high. Do you really expect people to pay ten to fifteen dollars for an armor set or color crystals? These prices need to be somewhat reduced. The cartel conversion from cash to cc is fine, but lower the price of actual armor sets and crystals a bit.
Considering the amount of people I've seen in those outfits and using those crystals, I'd say the price is right.

Atrimentus
12.05.2012 , 08:06 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by kaug View Post
You can see a couple of small discounts start to creep in. I think a lot of the items on the cartel market are not selling at all. The reason is obvious, the cartel items are way too expensive, even a 50% discount is not enough. Stop aiming for the greedy cash grab and start aiming for a nicer experience, people will pay, just not at retarded prices.

Armor suits you should add another tab for cosmetics so people can swap in armor what they want to wear without having to remod all there gear, so people can easily swap and wear what they want.
Yeah they do seem too expensive. I get they want to make money but if armor sets and stuff like that were to cost a bit less I'M SURE more people would buy them. I'm nearing level 31 and have a few coins saved up but I don't think I'd be getting the Investigator armor set at its current price. I like the set but 1200 is too expensive for an armor set, no matter level it's for. I got the Dark Initiate Robe when it was 150 CC and I used it from level 15 to 25. That's only one piece and the Investigator set is 5 pieces so each piece ends up being 240 CC. I guess I could go for the Investigator set if it was ~100-150 CC per piece.

sankalp
12.05.2012 , 08:23 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
I'm shocked people still believe this. We've been told about a major content expansion, new PVP warzone, and a revamped Ilum hitting within the next 3 months or so. Just choosing to ignore this because they are supplementing their revenue with the cartel shop seems like a knee jerk reaction.

The reason it's taking significant resources right now is because they had to build the functionality of the cartel shop from the ground up. Now that the frame work is in place adding items is simple. A re-textured speeder, a re-coloring of an existing armor model, that doesn't take much to implement going forward. Anything new created for the store is paid for many times over by the revenue it brings in.

The dev team is active and will remain so as long as they hit their revenue goals. Creating new content to sustain the business is a given.

The deeper fear for you should be this. If this game can't survive with the 2nd largest subscriber base prior to F2P then the whole industry is in trouble. It's been a trend for a while now. Open an MMO, steal players from other games, bleed them out short term, and scatter the MMO players over a larger number of games reducing revenue for any specific one.

We are already saw what happened at Turbine when they lost about half lost their players when SWTOR opened, they haven't recovered from it and the downsizing is happening now. If SWTOR dies, the future of the MMO industry does too because funding for these type of games will dry up. Elder Scrolls will be the last big AAA game before Titan. If they both fail... get used to indie releases in the MMO space.
Had to comment.

We have been told many things that have not happened. Dont go viewing everything with rose tinted glasses

Dire-Wolf
12.05.2012 , 08:25 PM | #125
Yeah, it's stupidly expensive, especially when none of the items are particularly good looking and you can get similar looking gear for free from quest rewards, dungeon drops etc.

Hambunctious
12.05.2012 , 08:31 PM | #126
I sit on my ship, and camp the gtn. I have a ton of the purple cc gear that people put up for default gtn prices.

Other than that, you honestly have to have no self control at all if you spend $15 real money on a outfit, or crystal. It's no wonder this country is broke. Too many living here blow through money like it's nothing.

It's not even the $15, it's the principle. You literally get nothing for the money, and keep wasting more money on something insubstantial.

xomnow
12.05.2012 , 08:44 PM | #127
Well, I've yet to see a $70 space monocle so things can't be that bad...

kirorx
12.05.2012 , 08:45 PM | #128
They are pretty expensive but this can be fixed,

These items need to be bound to account on equip rathr than bind on equip.
If i can share the items i bought with my other toons, its not such a bad price. When its 15 dollars for an item i can only use for one character, then its too much.

I have the mask of Nihilous but i wont equip it because it would be bound to that one character.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

noodlehaus
12.05.2012 , 08:50 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
I sit on my ship, and camp the gtn. I have a ton of the purple cc gear that people put up for default gtn prices.

Other than that, you honestly have to have no self control at all if you spend $15 real money on a outfit, or crystal. It's no wonder this country is broke. Too many living here blow through money like it's nothing.

It's not even the $15, it's the principle. You literally get nothing for the money, and keep wasting more money on something insubstantial.
i just spent around $120 on cartel coins last night and i'm satisfied. i play swtor and wow on my free time to unwind if i'm not outside with friends. money you spend on gaming is money you want to spend on gaming, not money you wanted to spend on food or clothing or other necessities. that logic is just simply flawed.

if you don't have the budget to spend on games then by all means, hold out on cartel coins, it's your right, your money, your choice. but for people who has money to spend to enjoy the game, like i said, it's their money, their choice, and their right.

kaug
12.05.2012 , 09:12 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Based strictly on what I see on the players and on the GTN... I disagree with you. LOTS of the armor is being purchased. I see it regularly on the players and I see a truck load of it on the GTN. There is some of the armor sets that I think are not selling well, but given how ugly they are.. I can see why.... but I'm sure there are people that like them and buy them.

Personally, I have aquired most of my cartel armor off the GTN.

Now, based on GTN listings though... I do think the market for the cartel packs has peaked and is declining quickly.
I think you are talking about armor through cartel packs, where as I'm talking about the rest of the overpriced junk and armor sets on the actual cartel market. I'm not talking about anything listed on the GTN which is where the confusion creeps in, but whatever the point is still the same the cartel market items are way to expensive and you will find just about everyone agrees. Sure there are a few people that bought new sets of armor sets at launch directly off the cartel market, I just attribute that to the opening of the cartel. Hopefully discounts will start to creep in for armor sets and crystals as not many people will pay those kind of prices. I'd love to see the data on it, I bet the sales for armor and crystal purchased direclty off the cartel market have declined rapidly since launch. Hence why you can start seeing these discounts.