Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

Andryah
11.09.2012 , 01:20 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Tim-ONeil View Post
We are seeing now this isn't the case. Many of the people that are coming back now are admitting in game and on these forums they were way too harsh on this game when it launched. Only when you spend time playing that other MMO that is supposed to be your messiah do you realize what SWTOR does right and it's appeal. GW2? Tera? TSW? They are all going through the depopulation stage now as people come back here.

We've turned a corner and with some content updates already on their way, we'll be good to go long term now.
I agree.

I see much more appreciation of the game from returning players then discontent. Both on the forum and in game.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Schwerpunkt
11.09.2012 , 01:24 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Probably not a good time to mention CoH is shutting down huh?
Why? The closure announcement was made two months ago, and their servers shut down on the 30th. If anyone still has accounts there and doesn't know it's closing nows a good time to tell them so they can play it one last time before the lights go out for good.

Waiting until Dec 1st would be a bad time to mention CoH is shutting down.

Quote:
Hope swtor doesn't shut down, but if they add p2w they may as well. But I have faith they know better. Despite the "Doomsaying" subs are stableish and now f2p will possibly add more.
I hate to see any game shut down. So I'm wishing SWTOR the best of luck.
CE Player In the ongoing battle between Good and Evil, Evil has more fun.

Lostpenguins
11.09.2012 , 01:33 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Appearance affects gameplay a lot.
Vanity items do not affect gameplay. Please don't argue that. You can still do all the same mechanics whether you're looks like a solider riding in a tank or a clown riding on a tricycle. If the stats are the same, the gameplay is the same.

Urael
11.09.2012 , 01:36 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
The prices for items on the cartel market is just way too high. Do you really expect people to pay ten to fifteen dollars for an armor set or color crystals? These prices need to be somewhat reduced. The cartel conversion from cash to cc is fine, but lower the price of actual armor sets and crystals a bit.
Prices are just fine. If anything they are TOO LOW.

I can't believe someone is actually complaining about this.

On second thought, I am sure if they gave everything away for free people would still complain.

This Thread is rated "E".

Urael
11.09.2012 , 01:38 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Vanity items do not affect gameplay. Please don't argue that. You can still do all the same mechanics whether you're looks like a solider riding in a tank or a clown riding on a tricycle. If the stats are the same, the gameplay is the same.
So true. But, what we will really see is a bunch of G.I.R.L.S. running around in slave girl outfits.

Bojangle
11.09.2012 , 01:43 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
The prices for items on the cartel market is just way too high. Do you really expect people to pay ten to fifteen dollars for an armor set or color crystals? These prices need to be somewhat reduced. The cartel conversion from cash to cc is fine, but lower the price of actual armor sets and crystals a bit.
Ummmm people pay $100 for armor in Diablo that isn't BiS.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Oggthebase
11.09.2012 , 01:46 PM | #97
Anyone remember the $60 monocle for EVE Online, a vanity item that only the owner could see (because the character cannot look at other characters)?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/07/monocles/

I don't play EVE online, but CCP looks to me like a bunch of thieves sucking money out of idiots (184 to be precise at the time of the article, but probably more today). in the article, there is even a leaked internal email treating the players as idiots who don't know better.

At least Bioware is not doing that... yet.

Schwerpunkt
11.09.2012 , 01:50 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Um, yes it does. The first two packs they offered were sets that unlocked for all characters on the account. I know because I have them.
Most people won't spend $200 bucks just for a global costume set. You are referring to the one that comes with the Lifetime sub right? The otherwas a faction jacket right? but that also came with other stuff in a pack.

Quote:
So, because one game gouges, they all should feel free to do the same? That's stupid. If large retail stores ran like that they would all be out of business and Ma and Pop shops would rule the world.
No, but you will find something in every single games cash shop that someone thinks is way too expensive and a rip off. There will always be people complaining. In CoH it was the extra enhancement trays that were too expensive. The whiners there conveniently ignored the fact that the trays were global unlocks and getting them all allowed a player to strip a build of all it's enhancements with just two respecs instead of spending $100 bucks to buy enough respecs to strip a build 10 enhancements at a time without the extra trays.

Quote:
That's an interesting way to do it. Too bad that game sucks. And btw, STO has a similar system where you can earn dilithium and trade it with other players for credits in their cash shop.
Yes and PWE turned STO into a grindfest by doing it. They also added other things that milk players for money. Like having to buy a space suit from the cash shop if you want to complete a certain mission, and adding gear that requires both grinding and cash shop purchases.

Quote:
And that's one of the primary reasons why I no longer play that game. I am against TOR putting exclusive items in "gamble boxes" too.
Yeah I don't like the gamble boxes either but theres no stopping them from being added. Only by not buying them will have any impact. Unfortunately for each of those against the gamble boxes there are 10 people willing to spend far too much money on them.

Quote:
What other games do can show a marketing team how to price their items fairly based on feedback from their customers. Duh. Where do you think they got the basis for most of these prices in the first place? From other games with similar cash shops. The thing is they got their prices from the wrong games considering they are applying them to a game that encourages altaholism.

I agree with you on this too but for some reason all too often the people that set the prices on cash shop items are amazingly obtuse to what should be blatantly obvious.

Lostpenguins
11.09.2012 , 02:02 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
So true. But, what we will really see is a bunch of G.I.R.L.S. running around in slave girl outfits.
Girls in slave outfits and guys in pajamas (if they could). That never changes. There's always a subset who like to run around in their skimpies while they are fighting dargons or killing people.

Schwerpunkt
11.09.2012 , 02:06 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Prices are just fine. If anything they are TOO LOW.

I can't believe someone is actually complaining about this.

On second thought, I am sure if they gave everything away for free people would still complain.

This Thread is rated "E".
Oh yes. In CoH at one point they offered a free item every friday, and we had one clown angry because the items being given away weren't expensive enough so he made this comparison.

Quote:
It's not about being "picky"; it's about being decent and fair and wise

It's like giving a starving person moldy rotten food with maggots and tapeworms in it to where they are "dead if they eat it, dead if they don't".

I wouldn't give a starving man something as harmful as starving
Gosh I'm gonna miss the nutjobs in that game. They had me laughing for hours.