Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Underworld Trading] Mission availability not broken (Pic included)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Underworld Trading] Mission availability not broken (Pic included)

Skodan
11.08.2012 , 01:54 PM | #1
As many are aware a lot of people complain about missions not being available, specifically metals for the most part

My list of missions is here

The thing people dont realize (or want to realize) is that when you send out a specific type of mission too many times it starts to stop being refreshed in your list. This list of missions popped up after a lot of companion gift missions, the top mission that cant be seen was a moderate fabric one.

This works the same way if i had done only metal missions, i would stop getting metal missions and get more gift/fabric ones
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Artemys
11.09.2012 , 01:53 AM | #2
Yup, having all crafts and multiple Underworld Trading, the same happens to me, especially during the time I sent them on pure companion gifts to cap all my characters companions lol, at one point I had no companion gift missions and only fabric/Metal xD
Check out myYoutube Channel Swtor for Storyline and PvP Videos!
Lexi'belle | Artemys | Marce
Sorcerer| Operative | Juggernaut
Free Character Transfer

Prettyevilish
11.09.2012 , 03:51 AM | #3
I do nothing but metal missions (level 50 cybertech, I just need the metal) and I still get tons of metal missions. So by your theory (unless a dev has stated this and you're regurgitating it, it's just a theory, and if a dev did say it, please source) my list is broken.

And when a particular list doesn't have what I need, I just go through a loading screen and it all changes, and usually includes a couple metal missions if there weren't any before. So by your theory that shouldn't happen, in order to stop me from running too many metal missions.

It's the RNG gods, nothing more and nothing less. You only notice the list having too much of something when it's the something you don't need/want. If it has nothing but metal, and you want metal, you aren't likely to think 'this list has too much metal; that's unfair', but if you need metal and it's got nothing but fabric, you're going to take notice.

Blackardin
11.09.2012 , 08:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post

My list of missions is here
One random picture does not a theory prove. I've tested this over an over when I was playing. Results were consistent with the "complaints".

Quote:
The thing people dont realize (or want to realize) is that when you send out a specific type of mission too many times it starts to stop being refreshed in your list. This list of missions popped up after a lot of companion gift missions, the top mission that cant be seen was a moderate fabric one. This works the same way if i had done only metal missions, i would stop getting metal missions and get more gift/fabric ones
This has been tested also. It is not true. There is no control that limits a mission based on how often is it taken.
May the Schwartz be with you....

venomlash
11.10.2012 , 07:18 PM | #5
OP's idea is full of bantha poodoo. It's intuitive, but there isn't any hard evidence for causality between missions run and missions available.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony