Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Orlesian
11.09.2012 , 06:55 AM | #51
Must... have... throne...
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Andge
11.09.2012 , 07:15 AM | #52
A flying throne, a Force-user prefering a metal axe before a lightsaber, and whatever silly things they'll be putting into the game, I'm just happy to see what I hope is only the beginning of an intention to make the game more visually diverse. Same few gear designs just with different colours, same goes for speeders, every race looking like a human being etc.
Dump whatever silly things into this game you want - you can put in a Gamorian shovel if you want - as long as it creates diversity.

DudeSweat
11.09.2012 , 09:07 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
He looks tired and there's no doubt workload has increased, but he also has more facial hair, and the lighting is very different. At E3, he had a spotlight on his face. This new video looks dim and yellowy by comparison. I'm sure there was a higher energy level at the convention, too.

http://i.imgur.com/ZU2sl.jpg

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, and I certainly don't want to pick on Blaine. I'm just pointing out a few factors to consider.
Actually, he looks a LOT like my Dark Side IV Juggernaut.
Sirgregor - Juggernaut; Cyclonas - Powertech; Danimus - Assassin; Phineas - Operative; Oberyn-martell - Sentinel; Fratelli - Commando; Sean-Dillon - Scoundrel; N'gorso - Shadow; Stevie-ray - Gunslinger

DudeSweat
11.09.2012 , 09:12 AM | #54
I am not a big fan of that floating chair. I was hoping this chair would be on your ship so you could boost...something, powers, ablities, whatever. A floating chair though is quite goofy. Some people dig it though I guess.
Hopefully with the 1.5 launch we can customize our spaceships with names for space combat, customizing the interior would be pretty swell too. Hanging dice? Hecks yeah!

Oh, and maybe one of these days we'll all get PvP points just for fighting on a planet instead of only in Warzones and such.
Sirgregor - Juggernaut; Cyclonas - Powertech; Danimus - Assassin; Phineas - Operative; Oberyn-martell - Sentinel; Fratelli - Commando; Sean-Dillon - Scoundrel; N'gorso - Shadow; Stevie-ray - Gunslinger

Radsoc
11.09.2012 , 10:14 AM | #55
Eugh.. When will you learn that people don't need crappy eye-candy items to enhance their game experience, but instead ACTUAL unique items that they can actively put to USE..

I foresee this to be a complete failure just like the CE's shop and the like.
You know, most of the players are adults and don't really care for an axe and a red monkey lol.

wildstarsrea
11.09.2012 , 10:20 AM | #56
So far I haven't seen anything to get me excited about 1.5 and free to play. It's just fluff, I want some real meaty juicy things to be shown what they are releasing.
An eye for an eye would leave the whole world blind -- Ghandi

Bonezmccoy
11.09.2012 , 10:21 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Radsoc View Post
You know, most of the players are adults and don't really care for an axe and a red monkey lol.
"You know"
"Most of the"

Please, do provide us with empirical data proving these declarative statements. Until then, I, as a forty-year old male player with a wife, four kids, and all that jazz, will be eagerly awaiting my monkey lizard, will be giving that axe to my DS Sentinel.
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Unless there are purples involved. Then it's totally OK.
- Excerpt from "The Jedi Code, SWTOR Edition"

Moonsweeper
11.09.2012 , 10:46 AM | #58
You know that video would work better if he actually looked at the camera instead of obviously reading a marketing speech off a blackboard/whiteboard left of the camera. Not trying to bash mind you. But its just that it feels very forced.

Gumby
11.09.2012 , 11:17 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Danvir View Post
"...replace your lightsaber with Gamorrean axes..."

Shut up and take my money! That will be amazing for my River Tam inspired Marauder... >:3
River Tam is awesome
█╬╬╬(●)╬╬╬█|{Ξ[▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Semper Fi▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Kleryk
11.09.2012 , 11:20 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Danvir View Post
"...replace your lightsaber with Gamorrean axes..."

Shut up and take my money! That will be amazing for my River Tam inspired Marauder... >:3
Next thing they should add is a good looking vibrosword that actually looks like a SWORD. I miss the vibroswords from KotOR. No idea why did they turn them into glowing baseball bats in TOR.

And about the throne.. I actually love it. Imagine it's uses for roleplay when you can just pop up your mobile throne platform and move on / (the walking speed) as a Lord or Darth. Or just have a few Darths sit on such thrones, forming circle, having a meeting! Short-sighted you must not be, young pedowan!
At least I have chicken.