Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My first ever rage quit

11.08.2012 , 06:47 PM | #11
Been there as well, that's why I never use the gf for kp. The headache and frustration aren't worth the bh comms.

11.08.2012 , 10:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
For the first time ever playing swtor I rage quit on a group last night as a healer.

[Summary: NoFishing has hours of his life wasted by lying/incompetent players.]

And that was it...I exploded in a fit of rage and quit. My lesson learned is that I need to leave fail groups much sooner before I blow up at them with an expletive-riddled goodbye and end up on 7 more ignore lists.
I salute your patience bro, last time something like this happened to me I ended up "having an emergency" and logging of to get some fresh air. You've got to be either the nicest guy ever or the most patient to put up with all that BS.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

11.09.2012 , 05:58 AM | #13
I really enjoyed reading this we all know how it feels, as a tank having DPS's not know what there doing or Healers unable to do there job can get rather irritating.

This story made me smile

11.09.2012 , 06:58 AM | #14
I joined a few KP guild runs (meaning I'm the only one not of the guild, or maybe there are two of us not of the guild) that were as bad as your group finder run.

Sad jawa face

11.09.2012 , 08:05 AM | #15
I applaud you for actually sticking with the group as long as you did. I understand the need to just separate yourself from a group that was just not working. As long as you don't berate your former teammates on your rage quit I don't think you did anything wrong.

11.09.2012 , 10:21 AM | #16
That's why I usually tank, because i can control better these aspects. One thing that I learned is using ops announcement (you dont need to be leader, just a ops lieutenant will do the trick) and shouting "DON'T ENTER NEXT ROOM", "DON'T AOE" and "DON'T BREAK CC" because the chat channel is flooded with loot info after the bonetrasher
Every time i try to be dps i suffer from things like that.

11.09.2012 , 11:37 AM | #17
had similar runs like these in a few other mmos and in a couple it was almost non existent.

the reoccurring problem i have been seeing in this one is the constant breaking of cc and running ahead of the tank. just last night had a new 50 player dps attacking all of the cc mobs in bh cts. the other dps called him out and briefly he stopped but then continued on.

in game voice channel(s) would be really nice to have in this game as it would make communication so much easier for the lfd ops and hm groups so many of us do. also having a ui that has a all the time built in ability to attack target of target making a main assist(s) feasible would eliminate most of that runs problems too.

for myself a built in permanent ui ability to attack target of target is more of a mmo staple than a lfd is and am baffled why this game just doesnt have it. each their own i guess.

11.09.2012 , 12:06 PM | #18
I do not PUG ops often, but the biggest problems I've had with them are the extremely undergeared tanks who don't know how to tank. Second are subpar DPS'.

The worst DPS I ever came across in a PUG was a guardian. I inspected him and found out that he was wearing smuggler pants and boots, sage implants, shadow tank earpiece and so on. I think he just ran a bunch of FPs, needed on everything purple then put it on. lol I don't think it's possible to get any more noob than that.

11.09.2012 , 12:19 PM | #19
Oh, man. Give yourself a pat on the back for staying as long as you did. I haven't been in a group like this in a long while, I thought everyone was pretty familiar with EV/KP at least. I enjoyed the read, it's like watching a trainwreck happen, I empathize. I suppose this could be a new normal, with (hopefully!) an in-flux of FTP players, but I applaud your tenacity. People are generally good about thanking healers, and I hope they did thank you and your healing comrade. As a mostly DPS player, I salute you. And don't beat yourself up about your first ever rage quit- for your own sanity you had to do it!

11.09.2012 , 12:24 PM | #20
Well the OP's just one more person I'll never team with!!1!eleven

I kid, I kid. You stuck it out longer than I would have. PUG's are... challenging at times.
@bpphantom - The Forgotten Legacy
"Life's like a horse wearing a suit and smoking a cigar: hard to explain." - Scary Go Round
"Your childhood memories totally wanted it. Look how they were dressed." - S*P