Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

uziforyou
11.09.2012 , 11:08 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelha View Post
Hopefully nothing would change with it- it's a Rank 1 110% speeder. Doesn't need anything really.
This.

It goes at 110% speed once rank 1 skill is obtained at whatever level that is (depending on legacy).
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

CelCawdro
11.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by tands View Post
From FAQ

How will the Friends of SW:TOR trial work with Free-to-Play?

The Friends of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ trial will continue to exist as it does today. In order for you to receive a reward for referring a friend, your friend must purchase and register a copy ofStar Wars: The Old Republic and they must become a subscriber for at least one month, or apply a Game Time Code to their account. For more information on the Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic trial program, please click here. For information on the rewards available, please see this page.
... how does that work, though? Why would anyone buy a copy of the game? What purpose is there for that?

tands
11.09.2012 , 11:10 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
... how does that work, though? Why would anyone buy a copy of the game? What purpose is there for that?
I thought the same thing it says purchase or register, not sure if there's any difference or if they plan on changing the wording with the recent changes....

DarthOvertone
11.09.2012 , 11:29 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRichardEW View Post
Hmmmm it say one time grant of the coins. Does this mean that Subs don't get a set amount of coins a month for being subs like every one thought?
After F2P launch, Subscribers will receive a grant of 500 Cartel Coins per month.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

lineinfantry
11.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #85
are we going to get the same amount of cartel coins for each of our chars, or the coins will be rewarded to our legacies?

LordArtemis
11.09.2012 , 12:44 PM | #86
Glad to hear it, though I am concerned it is not ready. There are still issues inside the shop.

Items not being shown as already purchased
Armor that has a different appearance than what is shown in "in market" graphics
A few items not working as designed

I would have hoped that these issues would have been resolved before launch. Perhaps they can get fixed in the next few days.

Kltpxyzm
11.09.2012 , 01:18 PM | #87
Not sure where to ask this, so might as well ask it here.

I remember reading a while back that in the Free to Play model the players will initially only have a limited number of character slots. I apologize for not having a link to this, but it was a long while ago.

I currently have 8 characters, 2 at 50 and the other 6 I've been leveling slowly. When TOR goes free to play, am I going to lose my characters? Are my characters going to be frozen pending I purchase more slots and I'll have to choose who I want and who I don't want?

I know that 20 or so levels isn't too hard to make up, but I've actually put some decent time and personal interest into these characters and would hate to lose any one of them.

Daeada
11.09.2012 , 01:19 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
You still get a free month with it. Effectively, you purchase a 1month sub, but get an install disk free with it.

SamuraBob_Fl
11.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #89
Your characters won't be deleted if you unsub.

What will happen is that you'll have to pick two to play, and if you want to play the rest you'll have to either buy the slots or resub.

Edit: Just to clarify, the 2 slot limit only applies to F2P players. Subbed folks still have 12 slots.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Tommot
11.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #90
If I remember right, you'll still have access to those characters at first and in a patch shortly after the other 6 will be frozen. Not sure how they would determine which characters get frozen.

You definitely dont permanently lose any of the characters though.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |