Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

steaktrooper
11.08.2012 , 10:21 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
500 CC a month is what i heard.
You know that isn't that bad a rate, considering it was something lower than that (250?) when they first announced it.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

FearlessXIII
11.08.2012 , 10:43 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
You know that isn't that bad a rate, considering it was something lower than that (250?) when they first announced it.
All this information about how many coins you get for free as as subscriber or how many dollars a coin costs is pretty darn useless until somone tells us what we can actualy buy with 500 coins.
Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic.

- Florance Ambrose

paul_preib
11.08.2012 , 11:24 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessXIII View Post
All this information about how many coins you get for free as as subscriber or how many dollars a coin costs is pretty darn useless until somone tells us what we can actualy buy with 500 coins.
Unless prices change, folks have been posting a lot of screenshots from items off PTS that show not only the item but the associated price.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Karkais
11.09.2012 , 01:42 AM | #54
What I'm interested is the prices of CC in euros. If its just normal rates, thats fine.
I'm worried about a scenario where Europeans get screwed by some system that doesn't care about the rates, like 1$ = 1 as some other games have used..
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

MadMab
11.09.2012 , 01:45 AM | #55
I don't suppose anyone can tell me what will happen to the collector's edition vendor after the game goes free to play?

I only ask because I don't get that much on social security disability, I have a chance to finally afford a CE...and I'd hate to find the CE vendor is being taken out because they game is going free to play.

that...and I want to get the vette customization 6 ^.^;

Hyuton
11.09.2012 , 02:21 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by MadMab View Post
I don't suppose anyone can tell me what will happen to the collector's edition vendor after the game goes free to play?

I only ask because I don't get that much on social security disability, I have a chance to finally afford a CE...and I'd hate to find the CE vendor is being taken out because they game is going free to play.

that...and I want to get the vette customization 6 ^.^;
They won't do that.
You can't sell people a 150 special edition and then take out one of the items you promised them.

Laurreth
11.09.2012 , 02:40 AM | #57
Hey, thanks for listening and relaxing the bonus coin conditions! Hopefully everything goes well and we can all enjoy this game for some time to come.

Cheers all around

Laurreth
11.09.2012 , 02:43 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
What I'm interested is the prices of CC in euros. If its just normal rates, thats fine.
I'm worried about a scenario where Europeans get screwed by some system that doesn't care about the rates, like 1$ = 1 as some other games have used..
If you read this post and then compare it to the German version, you'll see that the minimum requirements for preferred status are a minimum purchase of either USD 4.99 or EUR 4.00, so at least in some places they appear to respect currency conversions. There's still hope.

MadBlue
11.09.2012 , 02:57 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by MOAI View Post
November 15 has meaning for old SWG players, the NGE. Rather ironic that f2p is coming on this date.
What's ironic is that the people complaining that SWTOR isn't SWG are also complaining that the NGE ruined SWG, but continued to play it for 6 years.

Jorgoman
11.09.2012 , 03:07 AM | #60
I don't see why some people seem so negative in their posts. FTP is a great addition to the game, and it will help subscribers, indirectly. Stay positive, guys. SWTOR is still alive, and we're still playing.