Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Murder_Toys
11.08.2012 , 04:39 PM | #31
One short word

you better promo this on website and store because word of mouth is not going to save this game.

Promo this everywhere or just shut down already

thanks for your time
MurderToys | Empire | MurderToy | Republic
<pantheon of forstclaw>
http://pantheonguild.co.uk/home

DarknessInLight
11.08.2012 , 04:40 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ShockingNess View Post
If this is happening and we get cartel points does the substitution for whoever bought star wars will be cancelled automatically.
If you mean Subscriptions being cancelled, then answer is definitely NO. Us subs pay for things that F2P players simply will not be allowed access to. That's why we pay a subscription. To get EVERYTHING, when and where we want it. Simple as that.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Karkais
11.08.2012 , 05:02 PM | #33
Its very nice to have a date. d-(' ')z

I hope there won't be many bugs left over from the test server.

ps. Im not stopping subscription.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

bbates
11.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #34
Yep didnt see any mention of 1.5 here

Also I've been on since launch since the program now goes back until December I count 11 months of subscriber rewards my page only shows 9, and also not the 250 bonus that was just mentioned.
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

DarthOvertone
11.08.2012 , 05:39 PM | #35
I've scoured all of the F2P documentation. I know subscribers will be receiving a monthly grant of Cartel Coins, but I failed to see how much this will be. Does anyone know off the top of their head?
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Berkhof
11.08.2012 , 05:48 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
This is good news. I wish they would designate a SUBSCRIBERS ONLY SERVER though. But hey, if it gets more people in the game, great.

Oh, the post didn't mention it, but is this also the full 1.5 update? Doesn't look like it.
they had subscriber only servers, about 100 of them, they are now empty.

Anzel
11.08.2012 , 05:51 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by MOAI View Post
November 15 has meaning for old SWG players, the NGE. Rather ironic that f2p is coming on this date.
This time we get Cartel Packs instead. It's like the TCG and NGE all rolled into one. Want that shiny new item listed on their site (www.swtor.com/free) ???? Well guess what? You can't buy it. You have to buy their garbage packs filled with garbage items over and over and over and over again hoping to get one.

I can just see them now in their war room yelling at each other trying to figure out why people aren't buying this garbage.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Caligari
11.08.2012 , 05:56 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Good to hear. Just a question, are cartel coin values displayed currently final? Seem to be a few errors floating around.

Thanks
^ This. I hope they get the calculation issues addressed before the 15th.

Meepbot
11.08.2012 , 06:03 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by bbates View Post
Yep didnt see any mention of 1.5 here

Also I've been on since launch since the program now goes back until December I count 11 months of subscriber rewards my page only shows 9, and also not the 250 bonus that was just mentioned.
us subs got screwed out of two months, or at least,, those who have been here long enough, since BW gave a free month to people twice, so that is not included in our "loyalty reward" of CC
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Peregrine_Falcon
11.08.2012 , 06:10 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by MOAI View Post
November 15 has meaning for old SWG players, the NGE. Rather ironic that f2p is coming on this date.
Ok, so I'm not crazy. I knew that it was in November, but I wasn't sure if it was on the 15th.

I wonder... could the folks at BioWare really not know this? And if they did, why would they chose to launch F2P on that particular day?
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."