Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CelCawdro
11.11.2012 , 08:16 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerrgrim View Post
I am just curious what the cartel stuff will be. New speeders? Costumes? Any ideas?
There are quite a few lists out there.

SirUrza
11.11.2012 , 08:55 PM | #132
November 15 free to play huh?

Couldn't be more appropriate.

The NGE hit on November 15th too.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Kadin
11.11.2012 , 09:46 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
November 15 free to play huh?

Couldn't be more appropriate.

The NGE hit on November 15th too.
That's only the 250th time it's been mentioned around here since the dates been set. Well done.

travisa
11.12.2012 , 07:10 AM | #134
didnt read all 15 pages or whatever, but are subs going to have to pay for section x or whatever its called? everything ive read says that its going to cost so many cartel coins...and the amount for the universal unlock is about the the 1850 im going to get for being day 1 sub. anyone have any insight?

Thylbanus
11.12.2012 , 07:23 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerrgrim View Post
I am just curious what the cartel stuff will be. New speeders? Costumes? Any ideas?
Look here.
Price ranges for Cartel Coins are $4.99 for 450 CC to $39.99 for 5500 CC.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

bobcraw
11.12.2012 , 09:42 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by brutisor View Post
they said nothing about 1.5 update..
watch the video there is supposed to be a group quest or something you have to do to get hk-51 but yes he is supposed to be out with this patch.

bobcraw
11.12.2012 , 09:48 AM | #137
I was wondering if we could exchange cartel coins for game time or is that out of the question. I do not have a character on a pts so the only information I have on it, is from these forums and have been unable to find out if this is possible?

ScionYoto
11.12.2012 , 01:59 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Look here.
Price ranges for Cartel Coins are $4.99 for 450 CC to $39.99 for 5500 CC.

who the hell would pay that kinda money????

CelCawdro
11.12.2012 , 02:00 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by ScionYoto View Post
Someone who wants to. Just because it might not be worth it to you, given your economic status and the value you ascribe to these virtual goods and services, does not mean that someone with different values and circumstances thinks the same.

CountHenri
11.12.2012 , 03:41 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by ScionYoto View Post
You'd be suprised...

the Turbine model in DDO/LOTR offers packs around the same price for their ingame shop money and they are quite popular (particularly when they have bonus sales that give additional shop money for the same price)...

Some people really like to feel like they 'own' a game as opposed to 'renting it'. The key advantage about this if your sub lapses or you lose interest in a game you can easily come back in, say, 6 months and still have access to everything without having to resubscribe...

I will be looking very hard at the F2P model and if works out I can effectively buy access to what I need for the equivalent of 6 months sub or less (including my existing CC balance at launch) that is the way I will be going...