Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How assassine is this !?


BenjaminminU's Avatar


BenjaminminU
11.08.2012 , 05:46 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by possumcatcher View Post
I always try to complete the bonus's when I can so I can score extra credits and commedations, no problem. But while doing a Bonus mission on Balmorra, I got through the first two stages just fine. But then the last stage is a Herioc 4 mission! In other words, you go into area full elites and champions and you need to team up with 4 players to complete it and get a bonus.
Of course I abandon it, not just because I hate pick up groups and don't like too much group play due to the drama ovre item rolls and such. But also because I might not necessarily be able to share the quest or easily find help. They really should just make bonus missions be regular like the rest of the mission. I would have understood killing a really tough elite or even having to kill a champion with the help of Friendly NPC's like on one Jedi Consular mission I got. But a whole Herioc 4 mission in a situation like that, it;'s pretty unreasonable.
Why can't you just make some missions totally herioc 2, totally herioc 4 and totally regular and not mix and match like that? I doubt gameplay would be unbalanced that way/
I remember this mission as well, a guildie was doing the balmorra bonus series and found this problem, so she asked for help in guildchat and since i was the right level, i went along and helped in the boss fight. Most of the elites can be avoided if you're careful enough.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

BJWyler's Avatar


BJWyler
11.08.2012 , 07:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by possumcatcher View Post
I always try to complete the bonus's when I can so I can score extra credits and commedations, no problem. But while doing a Bonus mission on Balmorra, I got through the first two stages just fine. But then the last stage is a Herioc 4 mission! In other words, you go into area full elites and champions and you need to team up with 4 players to complete it and get a bonus.
Of course I abandon it, not just because I hate pick up groups and don't like too much group play due to the drama ovre item rolls and such. But also because I might not necessarily be able to share the quest or easily find help. They really should just make bonus missions be regular like the rest of the mission. I would have understood killing a really tough elite or even having to kill a champion with the help of Friendly NPC's like on one Jedi Consular mission I got. But a whole Herioc 4 mission in a situation like that, it;'s pretty unreasonable.
Why can't you just make some missions totally herioc 2, totally herioc 4 and totally regular and not mix and match like that? I doubt gameplay would be unbalanced that way/
Haven't played Balmorra, but I agree with you in part. I don't necessarily think basic bonus missions need to be re-worked as they only reward XP (but as a completionist, I would personally not be opposed to it). The problem I encountered came from a Multi-state bonus mission in Taris, where the main mission is actually completed while "in the wild" during a conversation cinematic. I did not realize this and decided to complete the next step of the main mission (which triggers the cinematic) before I completed the final stage of the bonus mission. Hence, once the cinematic was complete, so was the main quest and I lost the opportunity to finish the bonus mission.

I personally would rather the bonus missions become separate missions once they are picked up so players do not have to worry about completing missions in a certain order. However, as I said, this is less of an issue with the basic bonus missions, but I think are necessary for the Multi-stage ones that generally offer more rewards than just XP.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

FourTwent's Avatar


FourTwent
11.08.2012 , 08:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
I love it when people on the internet focus on a spelling error.
i love it when people on the internet reply to a thread to complain about a complainer

Dainter's Avatar


Dainter
11.08.2012 , 09:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
The internet is a series of tubes. Nobody is "on the internet".
if those tubes run underneath me then I am on the internet.

possumcatcher's Avatar


possumcatcher
11.08.2012 , 10:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
i love it when people on the internet reply to a thread to complain about a complainer
And I love it when intentionally misspell a word and get flamed. Well, ok I hate the flaming part and hate being called an idiot just like everybody else hates being called an idiot. But here are two life lesson for you all, sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette and if you can;t stand being flamed, don't post online.

Anywyas, thanks to me misspelling the word "asinine" I got a posting that could have been 1 page long to 3 pages long!!! Maybe still going!!! I am sure the devs read these posts and a post that is one page long, won't get noticed, but when they got a post that is several pages long, they notice, they read and they consider, even if I don't hear a thing from them.

But back on subject, the thing that ticks me off is I hate wasting too much time on something that won't pay off with at least a commedation or a green item and I hate having to kill mobs other people need to kill anymore than I have to. Farming is different subject, of course. I am not the only one who wants bonuses and has quests to complete. The imperial mobs I had to kill before I spawned that herioc 4 bonus are part of another quest and quest bonus many republic players have to complete before they even complete Balmorra. So not only did I have to abandon a bonus mission and lose my bonus reward after wasting twenty minutes to spawn that herioc 4 mission, but I have essentially delayed a certian amount of people out of like 56-93 people that could have been killing those mobs for thier quests.

The name of the quest I am talking about I think is called "Hunting the Mandalorians" but I can't remember the bonus mission name.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.08.2012 , 10:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
There are always Heriocs in bonus area. Just like any other Heriocs on the planet, they are optional. you don't need to do the Herioc in order to complete the "Bonus Series" quest.
Exactly.

If you are not up for the final phase....or cannot find help within a few minutes.... BYPASS IT. It's not like you are leaving gems on the table or something.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
11.08.2012 , 10:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dainter View Post
if those tubes run underneath me then I am on the internet.
One cannot simply be ON the internet. Nor OVER it.

You have my bow.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.08.2012 , 10:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by possumcatcher View Post
Anywyas, thanks to me misspelling the word "asinine" I got a posting that could have been 1 page long to 3 pages long!!! Maybe still going!!!
Well, different people look for their 15 minutes of fame in different places.

Seriously... your complaint is the silly part IMO, not your poor grammar.

Protip: bonus quest content in this game is OPTIONAL. Do it or don't do it. Coming to the forum to complain that a phase of optional content is not soloable is a waste of everyones time.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
11.08.2012 , 10:51 AM | #29
OH NO! You have to actually work with others on a heroic in an MMO

Time to boycott TOR and get the torches ready!

OP..... /facedesk
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

DPCummerbund's Avatar


DPCummerbund
11.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by possumcatcher View Post
And I love it when intentionally misspell a word and get flamed. Well, ok I hate the flaming part and hate being called an idiot just like everybody else hates being called an idiot. But here are two life lesson for you all, sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette and if you can;t stand being flamed, don't post online.

Anywyas, thanks to me misspelling the word "asinine" I got a posting that could have been 1 page long to 3 pages long!!! Maybe still going!!! I am sure the devs read these posts and a post that is one page long, won't get noticed, but when they got a post that is several pages long, they notice, they read and they consider, even if I don't hear a thing from them. .
Oooh, good point. On the other hand, maybe the Dev in question only read your post to figure out what an assassine is, and just skimmed the rest of the posts looking for assassine comments, like I did. I have no idea what the rest of the thread is about.

And, does anyone think the devs really read the forums? I wouldn't be surprised if the Community Managers read some of them, and perhaps point the actual devs toward some of the posts, but I would assume (and hope) that the actual devs were too busy... devving... to spend their valuable time on here.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist