Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If we don't have CC, what DO we have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
If we don't have CC, what DO we have?

MidichIorian
11.07.2012 , 10:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
And a dps commando has what?
This is the PvP forum.

PvE is that way ----->

Everyone knows that commando is completely broken. Not even the maras are talking **** about it in an attempt to keep their own AC on the throne.

TheAlopex
11.07.2012 , 10:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Burst: Probably the lowest in the game
Survivability: By far the lowest in the game. And no, I'm not counting having to run away as some form of survivability perk. That's like saying that lingering in the back or staying in the spawn is an ability.
Sustained dps: Ok, a bunch of other ac'es can match it.
Utility: Hybrids have bubble, pure specs have nothing. Are you going to bring up pull? It's far better to have leap. Not to mention that a sorc won't last more than 3 secs on a ledge in Huttball against a good team.

But hey, I'm willing to hear about the things you think sorc is better than other classes at.
Even our sustained DPS is sub par. Firstly because we have to actually stay alive and manage to cast it first, whilst being the squishiest and most interruptable AC, and secondly because, unlike all other DPS which needs to be healed through to nullify, ours can just be dispelled, easily, simply, and repeatedly. No heals required.

The only reason we aren't as crap as DPS mandos is because we have CC like the bubble stun, that let us cast, or survive, or be useful, though barely at any of those. This thread is deliberately posing the question of the hell we WOULD have if we didn't have such reliable CC, not what we DO have now (because everyone wants to take that away anyway).

The answer is nothing. Like a DPS mando, with less armor, but Force Speed.

SajPl
11.07.2012 , 10:49 PM | #13
From a DPS vanguard point of wiev - I have absolutely no issue with stunbubble and I believe it's a L2P issue. Of course marauders want to have it easy witha lolsmash, force scream, dead sage or applay autocrid 2k dots+force choke, yes that reqires some skill, stunning an enemy while he looses 50% of hp ...
Anyway sages of all specs go stunbubble hybrid and troll everyone around, you have my support

truchaos
11.07.2012 , 10:59 PM | #14
I think the biggest issue that people have with stunbubble is the fact that you can put it on your entire team.

If the stun part only was applied to the sage/sorc's self-bubble then it wouldn't be a problem and you would get to keep the cc.
Dread Slayer Daphni Morkai
I will not fail REIGN I cannot die

JackNader
11.07.2012 , 11:13 PM | #15
How is being bubble stunned a Learn to play issue? I about spat coffee all over my desk when I read this lol!

This is the nuts and bolts of it.
A) You have a resolve system that is supposed to deal with excessive stuns. It's not doing it's job.

B)The sorc has been given an absolute truck load of CC. The class revolves around the concept of preventing other people from playing their class just so the sorc can play theirs.

So we have people now split on both sides of the fence. Some look at the symptoms aka "bubble stun" needing nerfing. Other's call for sorcs to be buffed in stuns.

What is needed is a complete overhaul of the resolve system and then a rebalancing of the classes who have stuns and roots as their crutch.. mmkay!

MidichIorian
11.07.2012 , 11:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by truchaos View Post
I think the biggest issue that people have with stunbubble is the fact that you can put it on your entire team.

If the stun part only was applied to the sage/sorc's self-bubble then it wouldn't be a problem and you would get to keep the cc.
It would be a problem because we wouldnt have team utility anymore. We would be in the same crappy position as pre-1.4, worse actually since our stun and knockback were nerfed.

And I don't think many of us want to be in charge of the the team's stun department but it's all we have at the moment. I'll trade the ability for a ton of different things but chances are that they will simply throw in a halfass patch to fix the stun without giving us something in return.

alexzk
11.07.2012 , 11:23 PM | #17
I'm not 50 sork yet... but as for my 40 bubble dont look too good for me 4 grades of madness + recosntruct looks promising. I'm movable and need 2-3 "jumpers" at once to kill me :/
Also 200k dmg is not problem with randoms. Most problem now is fps drops to 10 :/
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

KettleBelll
11.08.2012 , 12:24 AM | #18
I always see DPS Sorcs/Sages that don't keyboard turn and mouse click outright rocking and toping the charts!

Read that again

Now read it again.

The Sorc class isn't meant for everyone. It isn't meant for bads, and it isn't meant for your Dad. In the hands of a decent player that knows how to move in MMO's, the class is super good.

Lejune
11.08.2012 , 12:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
I always see DPS Sorcs/Sages that don't keyboard turn and mouse click outright rocking and toping the charts!

Read that again

Now read it again.

The Sorc class isn't meant for everyone. It isn't meant for bads, and it isn't meant for your Dad. In the hands of a decent player that knows how to move in MMO's, the class is super good.
Well the snipers/marauders must not be doing their jobs in your wzs. Because we are killing healers and softies first and they have zero defense for snipers...unless they bubble and run the entire fight.

SajPl
11.08.2012 , 12:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by truchaos View Post

If a sent can give the whole team a speed buff and a healing/damage buff or do party wide healing (ive seen 150k healing done by a marauder) why cant a sage cast stun bubble on the whole team? Stun bubble is fine.