Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy home

Litzke
11.07.2012 , 05:36 PM | #1
Ok so this is my idea:
When players reach a certain legacy lvl they should be aloud to purchase a home on both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas that is accessible by all toons of that faction. You take a speeder to that section of map. And if that is too much lag for engine to run than you could post it as a sidebar when a player chooses to land his ship on the planet, something like: ( Land ) ( House ) :and it takes you to a copy of the planet focused on the house. All houses linked so you could literally walk down streets and hang out with friends at their houses. And allow anyone to enter the house that is part of the group or ops group so the lower levels can still have fun. Only one house per legacy so there is room for everyone and if no space is left then list different instances with different homes.

Brissellio
11.07.2012 , 05:38 PM | #2
Amazing. Would kill to have this in the game.

omNOMNOMinator
11.07.2012 , 06:11 PM | #3
/signed

Yes please. One day, this will be at least 2 years off though right?
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Bird_of_Thunder
11.07.2012 , 06:17 PM | #4
/shameless sign

i would love this
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

bahdasz
11.08.2012 , 10:41 AM | #5
I say make it a suite on the fleet space station. Of course having decorating abilities would be a nice touch, but at least with shared storage space and chance to place a target dummy, mail box, GTN terminal, etc in it for all your toons to use. I'd like to see that. Just not crazy about having to land on a planet and take a shuttle to get to it.

happysister
11.08.2012 , 12:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I say make it a suite on the fleet space station. Of course having decorating abilities would be a nice touch, but at least with shared storage space and chance to place a target dummy, mail box, GTN terminal, etc in it for all your toons to use. I'd like to see that. Just not crazy about having to land on a planet and take a shuttle to get to it.
i think they meant that you could land your ship at your house instead of at the orbital station.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

blindxsecrets
11.08.2012 , 01:02 PM | #7
/signed

This is one of the things I miss about SWG. I loved having houses, being able to decorate them and especially having my own store. I'd love to be able to have my own apartment or something, that all my characters can have access to (regardless of faction, though! I don't really need two houses per server, though that might be interesting anyhow if they look different). Now....don't...mock me for admitting this, but before I played SWG, I played an MMO called ToonTown. I know, I know. LOL. It was my first one, but anyway....you could have a houses there, and your house was instanced. Players could teleport to you, and therefore, go into your houses. There was one house per toon and you had a little neighborhood (8 houses total if memory serves) to yourself. I think something like that would be nice. The whole "walking down the street" thing will probably be difficult to code/manage...though I personally have no idea. It just seems daunting. But having it instanced and letting people TP directly to you and your neighborhood/houses would be awesome.

Just my two credits. =P
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Zigur
11.08.2012 , 04:13 PM | #8
That is a FANTASTIC idea. Ships are neat, but even Jedi have homes. Quarters on the Sith/Jedi academies would also make sense. But individual homes would be lovely.

Petnil
11.08.2012 , 05:17 PM | #9
i guess it could be on the fleet, make an appartment fleet you could get to by interfleet travel. I dont realy care where it would be, but some custumisation of homes would be nice i guess.

uniz
11.09.2012 , 12:47 PM | #10
i love this idea.

one of the things SOE did brilliantly was make housing and guild halls rather involved in their mmos.