Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RELEASE: Free To Play will hit live Servers on NOVEMBER 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RELEASE: Free To Play will hit live Servers on NOVEMBER 15th

CinderBane
11.08.2012 , 11:50 AM | #61
Massively is reporting the same thing: 1.5 and F2P official launch date Nov 15 per Bioware.

Vinjar
11.08.2012 , 12:00 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
The combat for me was really jerky, I did love the fact it took a LONG time to fight someone in PVP, and the fact that you could have 40 players on the screen in a massive city raid and not lose FPS. But the only combat that was fluid seemed to be TK. The animations were great, and the skill had good overall power. TKM/MD was a fun combination, and a good match for a Jedi.

I liked the lack of gear focus, harvester and crafting minigames (what they were in my eyes), personal auctions and sale terminals, the interior decorating (some players got REALLY creative), player cities (I know some folks hated the sprawl, I liked it), ability to die at any moment on any planet (high level mobs roaming around here and there), the ability to truly customize your skill system (though most people gravitated toward standard builds), being able to change your characters appearance any time you wished, non combat professions, etc.

I really loved one of the most hated features of the game (arguably), the Fatigue and Combat Damage system, where your HAM would get reduced by dying, those blasted little black bars. You could reduce and eventually remove them by listening to music or watching players dance in canteenas (or tents) and eventually get a buff.

it turned out that the canteenas became great social centers to meet other players, trade items, get together for raids and themepark runs, etc. If you wanted to buy or sell, get a group, needed help...head to a canteena.

I would argue that the social aspect of that game was the finest in the industry.

That was a pretty good build but you didn't need MD to get the benefits of great healing packs. My build had Doc, TKM, Investigation line in BH, and some fencer and pistoleer for dodging. I remember working on it and testing it for weeks. Made BH missions fun!

Jagrattlehead
11.08.2012 , 12:05 PM | #63
Just got a post on fb saying the 15th.

LordArtemis
11.08.2012 , 12:05 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinjar View Post
That was a pretty good build but you didn't need MD to get the benefits of great healing packs. My build had Doc, TKM, Investigation line in BH, and some fencer and pistoleer for dodging. I remember working on it and testing it for weeks. Made BH missions fun!
Absolutely true...but I did make some of the best buff packs on the server and got to use them myself for free ...not to mention it was a great income source.

I would fly out to Dath, set up a buff line, make some credits, then run a few rancor missions. It was real fun taking on three rancors at once

Vegabond
11.08.2012 , 12:08 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinjar View Post
Memories BH was fun, Mindshot was the tracermssile spam back in the day

BadOrb
11.08.2012 , 12:10 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
I got a question for devs, it says i have 8 days left on my subscription, so IF 1.5 does launch on nov 15, would i receive all my cartel coins (it says you need an active sub when f2p launches to receive the coins)?

does my sub end november 15 at 11:59pm or on november 14 at 11:59pm?
I would keep your sub another month , you will get the 250 bonus coins and maybe 500 more too . Really odd that swtor forums find out last about this release date , hm , I don't use twatter or assbook so not sure why they keep announcing stuff there first.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

FadedSpark
11.08.2012 , 12:15 PM | #67
FadedSpark - 31/1/9
Galactic Energy Corps - Officer | Sith Meditation Sphere

UltimateKrucible
11.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #68
Well, it's on Massively and Pc Gamer.

I came in here expecting the equivalent of a bar-room brawl in the Old West ... but found only a strange silence.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Davenmor
11.08.2012 , 12:44 PM | #69
Gogo Bioware we need a quick hype now ... it will be difficult enough to get the potential f2p audience exited within 7 days.
I want full servers a week from now :P

JacenHallis
11.08.2012 , 03:10 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
LOL why Thursday? Yes I know it's also "NGE Day", but it's also "America Recycles Day" and this is equally irrelevant. Looking forward to lengthy downtime over the weekend for some game breaking bug they missed or ignored from tester feedback.
I mentioned it earlier. Nov. 15 is the final day of subscription for those that have been subscribed since the Dec. 20 launch. Waiting any longer would cause another month to be taken from them. That's not a big deal for people who will remain subscribed (like me), but it would be for those who plan to stay subscribed long enough to get their cartel coins before dropping down to Preferred.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.