Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the game

HammerHermann
11.07.2012 , 03:39 PM | #1
Anyone else find it odd that of the three topics about the "state of the game" on main page there is not one mention of PvP?

If the PvP population quit today this game would be over. The guild I'm in does both pve and PvP. The pve people log on two days out of the week for about 3-4 hours a week. The PvP group is on every day.

Getting tired of playing 4 wz, 3 of which came at launch.

TUXs
11.07.2012 , 03:56 PM | #2
That's because all Bioware sees are metrics. As long as we're doing WZ's, they believe we're happy.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

UGLYMRJ
11.07.2012 , 04:02 PM | #3
Check the planets, flashpoints, operations for how many people are in each one and then check the different WZ maps to see how many are in each one.

We are NOT the majority. Far from it...

chisaineko
11.07.2012 , 04:02 PM | #4
Oh god.. a sorcerer actually topped the dps chart, and *GASP* killed a sentinel. Quick nerf the sorcerers so that won't happen.

Its reactions like this one which is killing this game.

Nevermind the complete frustration of having to buy two entire sets of WH armor to get one decent one.

Chisaineko
50 pvp sorc.. (yes, I heal sometimes)

KettleBelll
11.07.2012 , 04:05 PM | #5
Warhammer had tons of great warzones they could directly steal for this game.

They are already stealing one: the new Hypergate is going to be a direct rip off of Warhammer's Khaine Embrace warzone.

Bioware owns both games.

Please, give us WAYYY more warzones.

MidichIorian
11.07.2012 , 04:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Check the planets, flashpoints, operations for how many people are in each one and then check the different WZ maps to see how many are in each one.

BUT if you look at warzones as a form of instance, like flashpoints or operations, there are probably more people in the warzones. You can't compare it to planets since they're something everyone except the most avid pvp'ers, who refuses to play class missions, has to pass through.

Antipodes
11.07.2012 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
BUT if you look at warzones as a form of instance, like flashpoints or operations, there are probably more people in the warzones. You can't compare it to planets since they're something everyone except the most avid pvp'ers, who refuses to play class missions, has to pass through.
Yup, a person might even be on a planet waiting for a PvP queue Leveling with questing is many times faster and the Class/Planet quests are quite good. The true measurement is what a person does with his time when he hits max level.

In defense of SWTOR PvP, few months back I made the argument that PvP was more popular simply by looking at an hours played perspective. My data might be slewed from being on a PvP server though

AshlaBoga
11.07.2012 , 04:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed 100.000000001%.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

KettleBelll
11.07.2012 , 05:03 PM | #9
Whyyyyy are you noobs coming to the PvP forums, to post "NO WE DON"T WANT A NEW WARZONE, BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY 1% OF THE POPULATION!"?

What is wrong with you people?

This is why I firmly believe that players that are playing on PvE servers shouldn't be allowed to post in PvP forums.

Anyone working for the game, please ignore the bads. We would love some more warzones please!

Theodulus
11.07.2012 , 05:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHermann View Post
Anyone else find it odd that of the three topics about the "state of the game" on main page there is not one mention of PvP?

If the PvP population quit today this game would be over. The guild I'm in does both pve and PvP. The pve people log on two days out of the week for about 3-4 hours a week. The PvP group is on every day.

Getting tired of playing 4 wz, 3 of which came at launch.
I don't know. Don't think any European PvP server has gone above standard since the last event but the PvE servers seems to be heavy almost every night. BW has successfully scared away a majority of the PvP population.