Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Strategy for LR-5 in Lost Island HM

11.07.2012 , 02:02 PM | #1
Hey all, I did a brief search for strategies and didn't see this one anywhere, but I seriously doubt we are the first to come up with it. Either way, I thought I'd share it.

Group Comp:
Juggernaut Tank
Sorcerer DPS
Sniper DPS
Operative Healer

Basically, we had the tank stay in the middle, since the DPS were all ranged. The other three would then bunch up where we wanted the lightning bubble to drop. Rather than having the person with the bubble run, everyone else would move to the next spot. Then, once the circle was blue, the target would then come to the next spot. All the while keeping up the dps and heals.

This seemed to work quite well for us, and we were able to control the fight much better than when trying to wait for the circle and move the bubble then, since the time isn't great and you don't know for sure who will get it (since the 2nd highest can change throughout the fight).

This strategy allowed us to plan exactly where we wanted to bubble to drop, by just all being together in one spot, then moving when the bubble was set.

Granted, it certainly helped that we had ranged dps, but I think if the tank puts a guard on a melee dps, then you could do the same thing with the remaining two party members. I don't know if it would work as well with two melee dps, though.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, since it was the first time I'd actually finished LI HM. We'd always struggled before, whether it be because of lag or group composition or bad planning.

11.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #2
That is a pretty common strategy already.

11.07.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Basil_Evenstar View Post
That is a pretty common strategy already.
D'oh! Figured we weren't the first to think of it.

Everything I'd see up to that point, though, talked about moving the bubble, rather than the people.

Oh well, still glad to have finally beaten it!

11.07.2012 , 02:32 PM | #4
It is a very good strategy though, it is the one I do all the time. If people know what they are doing it works beautifully.

11.07.2012 , 03:01 PM | #5
This is what all ranged compositions did before the nerf, and it's still optimal for them.

The move-ability of the coils just makes it slightly easier for compositions with melee.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

11.08.2012 , 02:06 AM | #6
The bubble doesn't drop on the second highest, btw. I've had it drop on companions before.

11.08.2012 , 06:41 AM | #7
Conversely, because of the recent nerf, you can just faceroll this boss.
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

11.08.2012 , 06:49 AM | #8
Dunno if I'm only one to notice, but on my sniper, when I stay at 34 m, ball never drops on me, neither adds aggro me. so, tank is not annoyed by moving, healer have one person less to heal (I literally ake 0 dmg) and dps can focus on max dps rotations killing boss fast and simple.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

11.08.2012 , 06:58 AM | #9
And yet , even when people are told "don't move when you get the white circle, the others will, then join them once the circle turns blue " they will panick and move to wherever place turning the room in a death trap.

11.08.2012 , 10:12 AM | #10
OH god no matter how many times I tell others stand still till its blue while other move away. Work in a clock wise or counter clock wise motions. What do i get people running around all scattered. Electric fields all scattered or all them were plopped near the healer (me). Its to a point I dont want to do LI anymore.

I had some groups were we all worked together and knew what do do. Than the majority of it is groups I just want to bang my head so many times off my keyboard.

I dont like having to spend out more creds for repair than what I am getting for reward for finishing a HM fp.
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners