Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency Spikers since lunch time UK

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Latency Spikers since lunch time UK
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mentalmackem
11.08.2012 , 01:11 PM | #11
and yes for some reason after hop 2 the pathping just stops

mentalmackem
11.08.2012 , 01:30 PM | #12

there is also a link to a screenshot of what pingplotter says, the ping isnt jumping on pingplotter with 1second intervals but it is in game.

Tirvaak
11.08.2012 , 01:45 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi mentalmackem,

Thanks for all that detail, the screenshot does help a bit. Normally my instant reaction would be to focus on hop 2 as the problem, but if you haven't had any problems with this in the past then this must just be the way your router acts.

I do find it strange though that it won't do the pathping properly. I think the next best step to take in this case would be to try a flushdns to see if it clears any bad IP's that could be causing this problem along the route.

It might not also be a bad idea to perform a repair through the launcher, this will rule out any possible corruption in the asset files.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

mentalmackem
11.08.2012 , 01:49 PM | #14
just while your around tirvaak ive just found this while watching ping plotter,

The 3 servers before i hit bioware and the bioware server have all spiked really high, and then the settled down again, any idea why?

Tirvaak
11.08.2012 , 02:15 PM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi mentalmackem,

There could be a few reasons for that, the most common can be down to the buffer at that address being overloaded due to high traffic or it could be down to a a bad or changed IP.

In most cases performing a flush DNS can resolve problems like this.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

mentalmackem
11.09.2012 , 09:09 AM | #16
Hi Tirvaak,

Ive done ping tests over the last 24 hours now leving my computer running all night to test connections and the spikes are always happening on the .cw.net servers i get routed through, now im pretty good with computers but networking isnt my strong point, is there anyway i can beg my isp to route me differently or will i always go through the .cw.net servers cos they are casuing me issues.

Thanks for the advice in advance.