Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DuckKing
11.06.2012 , 05:07 PM | #41
Day/Night cycles! For god sake BioWare, please acknowledge this!

I'm sick of these non immersive static worlds that feel like movie set pieces!

DavidAdria
11.06.2012 , 05:08 PM | #42
You guys keep saying "This fall." It's Election Day today and "this fall" is just about to be "this winter." Do you guys have an ETA on when Free-To-Play will happen? As well, now that I have upgraded from the regular version to the premium version, is there anyway I will ever have a chance to go all the way to Collector's status?

Seifan
11.06.2012 , 05:10 PM | #43
And still the topic of server population is left out?

Sad to see this overlooked- I know its pretty much only an issue on the RP-RPG server, but its one that is now SERIOUSLY effecting the game play of those still there...

As a paying customer I demand there be a resolution to this issue before FTP comes out... FTP will NOT solve the issue for the 50 - post game lack of population.

-Seifan

lafr
11.06.2012 , 05:11 PM | #44
I can not believe how many people are not interested in what's happening now on the servers, the problem of lag, a change that may be significant for all players with ftp and concern of many is mini-games, space missions and adolescent fantasies that even exist today. That takes all the focus of a serious discussion about the current state of the game and makes constructive comments get lost in a river of the same complaints.

Thanks for the update, I would love to see updates like this, simple and direct. I love this game and I hope to spend more time enjoying what he offers, despite being hampered by performance bugs.

x_XDeathX_x
11.06.2012 , 05:11 PM | #45
How about information on Guild Capital Ships and Guild features like a tax system and perks for leveling as a guild or something.

Thanks
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx

Nothematic
11.06.2012 , 05:11 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAdria View Post
You guys keep saying "This fall." It's Election Day today and "this fall" is just about to be "this winter." Do you guys have an ETA on when Free-To-Play will happen? As well, now that I have upgraded from the regular version to the premium version, is there anyway I will ever have a chance to go all the way to Collector's status?
Joveth said earlier f2p wasn't going to be this week anyway, and he then stated expect it very soon. I'm taking that as next week personally.

Kaile
11.06.2012 , 05:12 PM | #47
Fix Ilum.

Do somethiing to make the community come together more.

Make the game more immersive.

More warzones and reskin some old ones. I would like to see another huttball arena.

Jimbomer
11.06.2012 , 05:12 PM | #48
This game is fun but there isn't really anything LONG TERM . There needs little extra activities such as gambling on Nar Shadar that lets you win things such as gear and other items , maybe some pod racing mini game or something on Tatooine , Personal vendors to promote crafting , even having housing would give people something to do . I mean just things like these would be great . Having the same types of things come out every six weeks is getting really old. We have enough Flashpoints , Operations and Warzones for a while . Work on other activities that will make this game more unique and more fun. Just having activities on other planets will help lag issues on the Fleet as well. So what I am wondering is when are these things going to be brought into the game.

Jarlgon
11.06.2012 , 05:14 PM | #49
Quote:
Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.
This is what Joveth should have told us. Yet it is more detrimental to the game to wait for f2p. The f2p crowd from the APAC region will more then likely go to the NA servers when they see the low population on these servers. A server merge with an option for the RPers and PVPers to transfer to NA servers would be the best solution, and needs to be done before F2P.

Vaelwyr
11.06.2012 , 05:16 PM | #50
Hi Jeff!

Right now the only new content we see when playing on secondary characters (alts) are those directly apart of the class quests. Are any plans in the works for alternative planetary questlines or additional quests for characters on their way to max level to boost the replay value of the game?