Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

12.12.2012 , 07:10 PM | #341
Ultra necro is ultra.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

12.13.2012 , 03:46 AM | #342

And getting worse.

Instead of getting more experienced and able to help, CS is getting worse by the month. Fixes that are not related to CM get side tracked.Tickets not working. Phone support is there only as an idea. Communication is non existent.
Old bugs are still rampant, new ones are resolved in weeks instead of days without any official words or help to those that suffering them.

The state of this game is terrible and future looks very bleak. Cash shop alone cannot save it. Quality is needed.

12.13.2012 , 10:48 AM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by Babyduck View Post
We want to be entertained! When we finish the class stories we are left to raid or to stand around the fleet looking at each other.
Indeed, especially since many of us are interested in and have subbed the game for story, character growth, companions, all the things that made Bioware games great in the past for a lot of us. If all that's taking the back bus, at least give us something that entertains.

12.13.2012 , 11:46 AM | #344
I've found the following items need some help:

LAG - gotten worse since F2P and during OPS with 1 sec casts to interrupt its become VERY FRUSTRATING. Try to do Nightmare Pilgrim with 50+ on that Voss instance. Doesn't work very well, have to pray instance 2 is open. This is quickly becoming a game breaker for me and kinda less attractive to keep playing. Cut your instance head counts in HALF please.
CS - or lack of - repeat of many, but it could be either lack of staff or lack of process that lets them fix things. (Open up your free hand outs bucket and stop being cheap). "Innocent until proven guilty" is common concept in USA, but it's just reverse when trying to get missing things replaced or corrected.
COST - its obvious you are testing the waters on "Pay for Content" even for SUB's. We are not stupid and have noticed this via 1.6 as well comments during interviews. I personally think you are reaching into SUB's pockets a little TOO much and apparently plan to continue to do that. Be CAUTIOUS here, your PR already sucks with many SUB's (Those still left). How about some "Cartel Coin DISCOUNTS for SUBS?" like 10% off across the board or Cartel coins at the end of the month like Discover Card cash back?
- Canthar = Cartel Coins I'm sure is going to happen (bad idea, but I can see why).
- Makeb = Cartel Coins is VERY BAD IDEA. That to me is a slap in the face to SUB's that have been faithful in sticking around. Those you didn't lose in 1.6 will most likely bail if that happens.
- Space ship upgrades = Cartel Coins (A lot of them or $$) I thought was also a slap in the face and I won't be buying them. Even making them or buying have crazy materials and costs. You can't play the new ones w/o dying very quickly, so that's a little overboard.
- SSSP = Cartel Coins (Understandable, but could be argued Sub's get for free). Personally, if it's WAY Better and practically a new game then it should have some feedback from the masses and not just the bean counters. If the prices are worst than the Grade 7 Gear then I'll have to pass on that one as well.
- Life in Day = Cartel Coins and "Limited Time" was a complete fail 100% by you guys. WOW, you looked really bad on that and showed everyone it's no longer about having fun or the game, but pure profit. If they had been like 1/4 the cost I might have thrown in a few coins for the silly Holiday stuff, but no way am I'm burning 4-5 months of coins or $15 real money for that crap that should have been an Event.
Schematics - How about moving them to BIND on LEGACY. I've a ton from OPS that just get sold at the vendor and a waste. Why in the world would you make Tionese Schematics craft a BOP item? Silly.
Account wide ACCOUNTS - bank would be a great change and make a LOT of people happy. Followed by a Cargo Bay that is shared. (Those both would be great Cartel Coin purchase items - That has value in my mind)
Reference Link: (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

KoTFE needs OPTIONAL Level-Sync and repeatable PVE per character for Conquests.

12.13.2012 , 12:33 PM | #345
Bioware Austin with regards to SWTOR reminds of the state of the Republican Party: They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

F2P could have brought great things, but within 1 month of launch, they already go down F2P. Make no mistake about it. This is the beginning of the end.

12.13.2012 , 12:59 PM | #346
First, I am a casual player. I have been subscribed since early access and my highest character is 44. I have quite a few alts (spread on 3 servers in an attempt to play with friends and to leave dead servers). I pretty much enjoy everything about this game. The leveling is the best I have ever played. The PVP is actually fun, and I don't normally like PVP. Space missions are a nice break and beat the heck out of sitting by a pond fishing (something that still boggles my mind that people actually do it in an mmo). Crafting is good, gives me items I can use, and I like the addition of the companion quest skills (diplomacy, investigation, underworld trading).

So lots of good things.

Things I would like to see in the future.

First, tone down the over-the-top excitement. I mean, the game is good, but it isn't Wild Stallion bring-about-world-peace good. Seriously you are conveying the feeling that your game couldn't possibly get any better than it is and that is just not true.

Chapter 4 with 8 individual story lines. I have a few alts and it would be nice to have a different story for each as I level them. If it is going to converge into one story then you have obviously given up on making a "story driven" mmo. Class stories is one of the most unique, innovative, and most successful parts of TOR. To abandon them would be foolish.

Social activities. More events like the Rakghoul Plague is good, but you need other things that are more constant.

Pazaak should be a very simple mini-game that can be introduced. Just be careful about adding too much of it to the Cartel shop.

Swoop racing in KOTOR was a rail game similar to the space game you have now. How hard would it be to import the space game programming to a swoop racing game? Just change the ship to a swoop bike and the back ground from space to a swoop track and you are done. People would be thrilled!

Last, and maybe more important. Talk to your players! People spout doom and gloom, make baseless predictions, and you just let them. Usually they are wrong, but sometimes they are right. Then you don't explain why an unpopular change was made. People can be very understanding if they can relate to the issues you are facing. Keeping us in the dark does not help anyone.

12.13.2012 , 01:14 PM | #347
Subscription did not force me away. The lack of players around to run with did.

The Free to Play is a nice offer and all but some of the restrictions are so frustrating and the cartel logo is way to in your face. I feel it will frustrate players more than bring them to the game. Also, the hidden things in the restrictions are annoying. You need to adjust the setup to make it less frustrating. Any why havent you put character slot unlocks on the Cartel Market yet? This is money in your pocket if you do. Worst thing to overlook ever in a f2p game.

I let my sub lapse for one day and grabbed my third crew skill slot and was astounded that even though I unlocked it, I could deploy one less companion and you took away the crafting queue. Free players will find crafting very tedious with this being the case.

I subbed again because I like the game and the story and would like to finish it out on all the story lines. It is sad that several months later there are several bugs I remember from my previous time playing. LoS issues in Taral V still, broken codex entries, still no cathar (wasnt that mentioned in 1.2?), no new story content or quests (sure you added dailies and ops, but the story is thebest part of you game, why not invest in it?).

I fear that when I get bored I will unsub, maybe to come back and continue my quest for completion, but I doubt I will play in preferred status. The only thing preferrable about it is that I would prefer to play another game than play this one without subbing. I consider this a P2P game, Free and preferred are a broken game. Fix the game, dont just find ways to milk more money out of people with your falsely advertised "features".

12.14.2012 , 03:08 PM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by Ezrat View Post
The Free to Play is a nice offer and all but some of the restrictions are so frustrating and the cartel logo is way to in your face.
The Cartel Market icon can be moved, shrunk, and made transparent in the Interface Editor.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! port 23300

12.14.2012 , 03:51 PM | #349
I honestly don't think there's enough hours in a day to write down all the things that should be done to this game to improve it.

There was so much hope before the game launched. Now the main priority for Bioware seems to be the cash shop.
I don't really think anyone actually believes any feedback will truley be considered by BioWare.

Why am I so totally pessimistic about this? And I am. History has a way of teaching and showing you so much. For once, I wish it were different. Being a fan of Starwars, I do. I really do.

12.14.2012 , 04:00 PM | #350
They don't listen. They never do. Look at the craptacular problems with Mass Effect 3. They didn't listen to players then, they won't now.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies