Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

robotsonik
11.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Ah the meme continues. No Mr. Hickman, it wasn't "the price" of the subscription, it was "the quality of the service" for the price of the subscription that drove people away. In fact, your patch 1.4 "quality of life fixes" forced me back to World of Warcraft. Fix your game and tell us the truth.
This. The fact that they (Bioware et al) has decided this is THE REASON for why SWTOR has seen a significant decline in subs is just proof that they are continuing to perpetuate this falsehood. The product itself turned out to be lackluster and this is the reason subs have declined. There are plenty of MMOs that still utilize the subscription model and people still happily pay for it because the product is worth it.

It's just sad to see Bioware continue to find new ways to deceive themselves in order to explain away these "problems". If the Executive Producer and the rest of Bioware/EA believe that eliminating the sub and implementing contrived restrictions on access to the product will bring home the bacon, they're in for a rude awakening.

Sure there will be plenty of returners when F2P finally launches, but after being smacked in the face with the corralling restrictions which have been blatantly designed to make subbing a need instead of disguising it as a choice, they're going to barely last a week before going back to WoW, TSW, GW2, Rift, or EVE.

bleh. Anyway. You (Bioware/EA) get one shot at first impressions. This "State of the Game" is already off to a sloppy start.

Skodan
11.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #22
i dont think people have/had a problem with paying a monthly sub for $15, the thing that irks people is that they are paying for a sub but feel that content is lacking.

i believe if people got more content then they wouldn't have a problem with forking over the money each month
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Morgalica
11.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #23
Honestly Jeff I think you are being lied to by some of the forum admins.

ALOT of bugs were found by users on the PTS many times. These bugs and how to recreate them were posted on the PTS forums and still those patches were pushed anyways.

I gave up on testing on the PTS now since it does no good, I don't mind rerolling toons and levelign them to test things here and there, but when any comments i have get ignored? yea im over that.

((FYI this is NOT my tester account))
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

iamthehoyden
11.06.2012 , 04:48 PM | #24
Thank you for the post. Addressing the massive number of bugs that were released in 1.4 was appreciated. Now we have server lag from hell to deal with, but that's a new set of problems.

The open communication is much appreciated.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

cidtheslayer
11.06.2012 , 04:52 PM | #25
Hi Jeff,

A few things that have been outstanding for me.

1. /lol used to make a sound in early access. I am so happy that voiced emotes are on the PTS right now with a view to bringing them live. Thank you for working on this!

2. Some sort of randomly generated or variety content at level 50, add a random element to add replayability.

3. Purple crystals below level 50! Pet peeve but how come enemies under level 50 have purple crystals but players can't?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
\.o. \.o. \.o.MASSASSI REBORN.o./ .o./ .o./
ịΞΞΞ||{███████████████████████████}

Noremacv
11.06.2012 , 04:53 PM | #26
And here I was hoping for an update on the SGRAs.

Silly me
55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Sith Marauder
55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer
55 Powertech

Shoogli
11.06.2012 , 04:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
We haven't quite nailed down the cadence yet, but definitely look forward to more than just a few per year.
That's good to hear, thanks Joveth.

Actually, I think it would be nice to have it follow the 4-6 weeks update cycle, maybe like placed around the 2/3rd mark, meaning having been given enough time to have also a little paragraph about the "state of the last update" (now that 3-4 weeks have passed since it released) and another little paragraph about the soonish to be update (which is to be delivered in 1-2 weeks).
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Eillack
11.06.2012 , 04:54 PM | #28
When will 1.4's latency and flat out performance issues be fixed is my question.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Jadedestine
11.06.2012 , 04:54 PM | #29
when do you expect we'll hear anything on same gender relationships with our companions?
The forest grows darker and darker; on this night the hunter will become the prey.

Muwarr
11.06.2012 , 04:57 PM | #30
While I think this column is an excellent step in the right direction as far as communication goes, I am concerned by the tone of complacency in it.

The problems of the game are not limited to having to pay a subscription fee. Everything is not awesome with the game itself. There are substantial issues with the game itself that have caused many player to leave. The constructive criticisms of the game that players have expressed with genuine care and concern seem to have fallen on deaf ears.