Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[video] Focus Guardian Nice caps in Civil War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[video] Focus Guardian Nice caps in Civil War

MelodicSixNine
11.07.2012 , 03:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post

1-swtor skill cap and skill floor are ridiculous and don't allow for skilled play due to its incredible lack of depth and the overwhelming homogenization.Hence why there arent any professional and/or sponsored players playing..OR there isnt any competitive scene(sponsored tournaments etc) because this game pvp is just way too simple to actualy be any sort of e-sport.

Wrong. Game doesn't need to be complex to be popular and turn into e-sport. Look at LoL. I remember playing DOTA in W3 and all DOTA players were called babies and whatnot because they played strategy game ums map for challenged instead of playing the real game where the skilled players where.... and now look DOTA survived. W3 is dead. Sad, but true.
LoL is much easier to pick up and hard to master and is one of the most popular games on the market.
If EA pumped money into SWTOR for tournament rewards there would be a scene. All the game needs is sponsors. That's why WoW and many other crappy games have sponsored tournaments.

Beside all your post I have seen today is nothing by rage, spouting untrue bs and crying... why so mad buddy?

filipesantana
11.07.2012 , 04:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
Wrong. Game doesn't need to be complex to be popular and turn into e-sport. Look at LoL. I remember playing DOTA in W3 and all DOTA players were called babies and whatnot because they played strategy game ums map for challenged instead of playing the real game where the skilled players where.... and now look DOTA survived. W3 is dead. Sad, but true.
LoL is much easier to pick up and hard to master and is one of the most popular games on the market.
If EA pumped money into SWTOR for tournament rewards there would be a scene. All the game needs is sponsors. That's why WoW and many other crappy games have sponsored tournaments.

Beside all your post I have seen today is nothing by rage, spouting untrue bs and crying... why so mad buddy?
sigh...wrong...basic principle: if the game is crap it wont get sponsored.

in this case im jsut talking about pvp wise(i sitll ahve fun in the game)

second...you cant srsly be comparing a Moba game to an mmo, that is jsut being plain clueless(but hilarious)

i shouldnt ...but ill help you, mobas are a completely diferent kind of game..the skillset is diferent...and the way you play it is diferent(compared to mmos)...ofc its not complex....

whats next?are you goign to compare an FPS with it to?those are even less complex buddy

MelodicSixNine
11.07.2012 , 04:23 AM | #23
sigh...wrong...basic principle: if the game is crap it wont get sponsored.

in this case im jsut talking about pvp wise(i sitll ahve fun in the game)

second...you cant srsly be comparing a Moba game to an mmo, that is jsut being plain clueless(but hilarious)

i shouldnt ...but ill help you, mobas are a completely diferent kind of game..the skillset is diferent...and the way you play it is diferent(compared to mmos)...ofc its not complex....

whats next?are you goign to compare an FPS with it to?those are even less complex buddy
Basic principle? Hah good one. You're of course wrong and here is why: I think LoL is crap - my opinion and still the game has sponsors and tournaments.
You can't just say game is crap and "that's why I am right". You're stating your opinion not the reason why the game is not successful in esport.

No MMO is successful on e-sport scene(well maybe WoW, but that's going over the line of being "successful") that's why I need to pull DOTA and other games to compare it to.

Zeaza
11.07.2012 , 04:25 AM | #24
Srsly clasic swtor pvp comunity.
let me try to put this in a simple way.
General points:

1-swtor skill cap and skill floor are ridiculous and don't allow for skilled play due to its incredible lack of depth and the overwhelming homogenization.Hence why there arent any professional and/or sponsored players playing..OR there isnt any competitive scene(sponsored tournaments etc) because this game pvp is just way too simple to actualy be any sort of e-sport.

2-gear//if you have it you will do way mroe damage and take way less damage..therefore my dog could play a WH geard char and still succeed agaisnt recruit gear players..

now on to the movie and this guy:

1-clicking( i wont even start to describe how bad this is even though he doesnt do it ona regular basis...you just CANT click at all in pvp to play competitively

2-poor gameplay interms of his own class...not waiting for all the stacks before smashing etc...

3-geared lolsmash...again, if i manage to teach my dog to click 3 keys i asure you he will still kill HUMAN BEINGS if i have a WH lolsmasher.

4-saw your strem the other day..my point stands, average player if not below

5-all he did was spending a !@#! load of hours grinding gear...THAT is not related with skill whatsoever.

6-dilussional..3v1 WH vs recruit....you REALLY think thats a feat?

TLDR:there is no way a WH geared class that requires 3 keys(ye i know hard to master..) can actualy perform anything outstanding...plus, his pvp gameplay is overall average...doesnt seem to keyboard turn...but clicks sometimes..poor reflexes..and this dillusional feeling that somehow he is good.

God...why doesnt this game have a real pvp sistem...with weekly points...and a weekly cap set trhough your personal rating...and small map DM pvp.That way we could avoid the whole "i have no life so i can farm WH" situation and be able to actualy measure player skill...

(i know ..english....sorry not my language)
You are funny, you measure my skill by watching me pug in normal warzones, where i play relaxed and causual and dont give a **** about anything,

Ive been playing competive in pvp mmos for 15 years
I think i know what im doing.

And if you really want an explination on the clicking
I moved the wz medpack from its keybind spot and replaced it with rakata
Because i only use rakata in normals. But i felt i could win if i used the wz adrenal so i clicked it. Geeeez

MelodicSixNine
11.07.2012 , 04:31 AM | #25
Here is why SWTOR can't and probably never will be an "sport":
No custom games, no spectator mode, no replays, no proper match making, gear grind, freemium, no tournaments, no ranking and I could name few other things, but my mind is empty right now.
It's not because the game is "crap". It's just because there is no system in place to make it an competitive esport.
Love it or hate it, but SWTOR pvp has the best wow clone pvp out there and is only second to the blizzard product. I would put GW2 on top when it comes to mmos, but their pvp has its own problems too.

JackNader
11.07.2012 , 04:35 AM | #26
Lol Zeaza.. what did you think was going to happen here? Your playing Lolsmash derp spec. Do you want a cookie or something? Now if you posted a video of you beating down 3 people in a warzone using the unarmed legacy combat abilities! That would be something!

Zeaza
11.07.2012 , 04:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
Lol Zeaza.. what did you think was going to happen here? Your playing Lolsmash derp spec. Do you want a cookie or something? Now if you posted a video of you beating down 3 people in a warzone using the unarmed legacy combat abilities! That would be something!

Your right

But i have never seen anyone soloing half the team and succed with the cap
So for me it was unique, i apologize if im wrong
And i belive that even if im focus. If i was bad i wouldnt have succeded

And thats why i posted it.

Fenomen
11.07.2012 , 08:54 AM | #28
Im sorry to say that, but clicking Focused Defence or dying with lots of Focus while its up isnt a good showcase of Skill. I also see no keybind for your Forms which makes me facepalm.

Zeaza
11.07.2012 , 09:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenomen View Post
Im sorry to say that, but clicking Focused Defence or dying with lots of Focus while its up isnt a good showcase of Skill. I also see no keybind for your Forms which makes me facepalm.
they're invisible! besides I have alot of latency issues while streaming.

filipesantana
11.07.2012 , 11:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
Basic principle? Hah good one. You're of course wrong and here is why: I think LoL is crap - my opinion and still the game has sponsors and tournaments.
You can't just say game is crap and "that's why I am right". You're stating your opinion not the reason why the game is not successful in esport.

No MMO is successful on e-sport scene(well maybe WoW, but that's going over the line of being "successful") that's why I need to pull DOTA and other games to compare it to.
dude..WRONG(and why am i even arguing pvp with a swtor fan...its a lsot battle..)

IF..IFFFFFFFF the game is good it will get sponsors for e-sports, got it?im not talkign about personal preferences!
im talking about a game having such kind of depth and skill floor that allows for skilled play to the point that sponsors see a potential in it to generate revenue.Why?because if it requires skill it will get noticed and people will want to play it.

Take firefall for example...fps mmo still in Beta..BUT it has such a good e-sport potential that teams like SK gaming allready sponsor players in it(and its still in Beta)

and your pulling DOTA games to compare to how complex a mmo is??! dude a Dota game you click to move(diferent skillset)...you ahve way less abilities...and way diferent game play...HOW can you comapre it...ofc any mmo will be more complex....but if you compare swtor with any other sucessfull mmo(pvp wise) you will see that it lacks ALOT of depth (for me its absicaly at vanila wow lvl..which is unaceptable since were in 2012/13)