Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shorten Plasma Brand's burn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Shorten Plasma Brand's burn

Kelha
11.06.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1
I posted a similar thread in the knight page but I'm honestly not certain a Dev will ever see that request. So...

Devs, PLEASE consider shortening the burn on Plasma Brand to 9 seconds to match its cooldown.

One of the reasons I feel it is important is the ability to proc Master Strike conflicts with the PB cooldown- you have to choose if you want to let the full burn go for PB's full dps instead of hitting it again on a chance for MS to proc and finish its cd.

With a vig guard as my main since launch, I am always looking for ways to improve my play, both in terms of enjoyment and actually being useful to my ops group. It is one of the more attention-requiring specs to play well in terms of watching cd's and procs, and I enjoy playing it the most of my toons. Despite our ability to keep up when played well, I know that I have been asked to leave ops because I was a guardian, to make room for a sent (pug group, not guild, but it still stung). While Vigilance can top charts or at least come close, in general it is still behind a lot of other classes in overall dps. I know tweaking classes is tricky, and Focus is the guardian flavor right now, but it's just not my style, I love the vigilance spec and just want it to be competitive. I think this minor tweak would help raise overall dps without being gamebreaking.

I know it's been posted about before, but I just wanted to bring attention back to this issue for my favorite class.

Chiltonium
11.06.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2
you are right its been posted before, since day one of release. I personally posted a huge thread about improvements to the vigilance tree, and thats one of them. Seriously a 9 sec CD skill with a 12 sec dot.

3 sec of thats wasted.

I would also like to add, however. That this is FAR FAR down on the list of balance issues they need to fix.

I am waiting for the reasoning behind taking all of an operatives damage away, and giving it to a deception assassin along with tons of damage resistance.

I quit for 8 months, logged into my 50 sin, respecced him from madness to deception, went to blackhole to smack about some eilites. Jesus Christ. I am in old centurion gear, the horrible old pvp gear you cant get anymore. 4k shocks, 4.5k discharges, 5k mauls, 2.3.k volitic slashes. You are never without a skill hitting hard as heck.

Logged onto my 50 operative ........Seriously what the heck did they do? Backstab is laughable with a CD so long it makes it not only crap, but acid blade crap becuase I cant apply it for 12 seconds once in combat, shiv seems the same-ish but it was always bad, laceration seems to hit for less, and I cant put my finger on why, but I burn through energy faster now.

I would like to see some of our burst moved back and backstabs CD put back to what it was, seriously? Maul no CD, internal 9sec CD proc for 30% more damage? Bstab 12 sec....crap dmg compared to maul even at base. and our 30% crit damage talent sitll has SEVER TENDON on it?! our like 200 dmg ranged snare? Good call on that one. And our surbibability is crap as concealment or lethality, the DR is in the medic tree...and only 4%. Sin is sitting on 30% base and 55% with dark embrace. -_-

Anyway, so yea, Plasma brand should be (or better be) REALLY low on the list.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Macroecon
11.06.2012 , 09:58 PM | #3
Bah, you talk as if that is the only DoT ability with a tail longer than its CD. I suggest you play some other ACs and discover that your situation is not unique. Deal with it.

AllanGand
11.06.2012 , 11:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroecon View Post
Bah, you talk as if that is the only DoT ability with a tail longer than its CD. I suggest you play some other ACs and discover that your situation is not unique. Deal with it.
it's not, but to my knowledge those other dot abilities don't provide a major dps increase proc.

Quinntenfelde
11.07.2012 , 03:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelha View Post
I posted a similar thread in the knight page but I'm honestly not certain a Dev will ever see that request. So...

Devs, PLEASE consider shortening the burn on Plasma Brand to 9 seconds to match its cooldown.

One of the reasons I feel it is important is the ability to proc Master Strike conflicts with the PB cooldown- you have to choose if you want to let the full burn go for PB's full dps instead of hitting it again on a chance for MS to proc and finish its cd.

With a vig guard as my main since launch, I am always looking for ways to improve my play, both in terms of enjoyment and actually being useful to my ops group. It is one of the more attention-requiring specs to play well in terms of watching cd's and procs, and I enjoy playing it the most of my toons. Despite our ability to keep up when played well, I know that I have been asked to leave ops because I was a guardian, to make room for a sent (pug group, not guild, but it still stung). While Vigilance can top charts or at least come close, in general it is still behind a lot of other classes in overall dps. I know tweaking classes is tricky, and Focus is the guardian flavor right now, but it's just not my style, I love the vigilance spec and just want it to be competitive. I think this minor tweak would help raise overall dps without being gamebreaking.

I know it's been posted about before, but I just wanted to bring attention back to this issue for my favorite class.
^this. love how this spec plays but it needs some work. also the dots that go along with overhead slash and blade storm could use some love. it would be cool that if depending on how many stacks of sounder armor you have your dot damage goes up, say for every stack of sunder armor the damage dealt by your dot effects is increased by 5% stacks up to 5 times.