Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Did tanking just break?


MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
11.05.2012 , 07:07 PM | #1
I'm getting hit like 3-5k in WZs, and I don't recall that ever happening...

I mean I'm wearing full war hero gear and I made sure to check I was in dark charge, but it would seem that vanguards/powertechs and dps shadows/assassins are suddenly hitting me particularly hard. Are they just outgearing me with Elite war hero weapons and mods or am I missing something?

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
11.06.2012 , 01:15 PM | #2
PT/Vanguard on the pyro tree uses nearly all elemental damage + have 90% armor penetration on railshot. So their attack efficiently ignore your armor.

Same for deception/ infiltration shadow sin who uses lots of internal.

Massive railshots always were doable to a stimmed Pyro PT, no news there.

MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
11.06.2012 , 03:46 PM | #3
Which is strange then, because I can understand not encountering a lot of deception assassins, but you'd think I'd have noticed PT pyros, but I guess not...

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
11.06.2012 , 05:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Same for deception/ infiltration shadow sin who uses lots of internal.
You must be mistaking with Madness/Balance.

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.

thefishdude's Avatar


thefishdude
11.06.2012 , 05:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
You must be mistaking with Madness/Balance.

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.
I'll confirm your math, because I've been hit for 4.5k smash. I then turn around and beat the crap out of the guy, but he does get his hit in.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Stealios's Avatar


Stealios
11.06.2012 , 09:28 PM | #6
The main reason you see big hits as well is because critical hits won't be shielded by your shield.
So you will just have your dmg reduction from armor + talents. nothing more.

johnyangelo's Avatar


johnyangelo
11.07.2012 , 02:38 AM | #7
38.25% dmg reduction and got smashed for 5300 the other day. It's not that hard to my HP but still, those numbers are bigger than they used to be.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
11.07.2012 , 10:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
You must be mistaking with Madness/Balance.

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.
Deception's discharge is also internal, but true maul does not ignore armor anymore.

Charge mastery does give your kinetic/energy a passive AP of 9%.

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
11.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Deception's discharge is also internal, but true maul does not ignore armor anymore.
I missed that part.

XakTsaroth's Avatar


XakTsaroth
11.07.2012 , 04:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I missed that part.
Also infiltration/deception technique causes internal damage on 25% chance with hits so yeah they do plenty internal damage as well.

Xak Tsaroth
He who teaches also learns...