Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did tanking just break?

MasterFeign
11.05.2012 , 07:07 PM | #1
I'm getting hit like 3-5k in WZs, and I don't recall that ever happening...

I mean I'm wearing full war hero gear and I made sure to check I was in dark charge, but it would seem that vanguards/powertechs and dps shadows/assassins are suddenly hitting me particularly hard. Are they just outgearing me with Elite war hero weapons and mods or am I missing something?

verfallen
11.06.2012 , 01:15 PM | #2
PT/Vanguard on the pyro tree uses nearly all elemental damage + have 90% armor penetration on railshot. So their attack efficiently ignore your armor.

Same for deception/ infiltration shadow sin who uses lots of internal.

Massive railshots always were doable to a stimmed Pyro PT, no news there.

MasterFeign
11.06.2012 , 03:46 PM | #3
Which is strange then, because I can understand not encountering a lot of deception assassins, but you'd think I'd have noticed PT pyros, but I guess not...

Altheran
11.06.2012 , 05:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Same for deception/ infiltration shadow sin who uses lots of internal.
You must be mistaking with Madness/Balance.

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.

thefishdude
11.06.2012 , 05:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.
I'll confirm your math, because I've been hit for 4.5k smash. I then turn around and beat the crap out of the guy, but he does get his hit in.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Stealios
11.06.2012 , 09:28 PM | #6
The main reason you see big hits as well is because critical hits won't be shielded by your shield.
So you will just have your dmg reduction from armor + talents. nothing more.

johnyangelo
11.07.2012 , 02:38 AM | #7
38.25% dmg reduction and got smashed for 5300 the other day. It's not that hard to my HP but still, those numbers are bigger than they used to be.

verfallen
11.07.2012 , 10:49 AM | #8

Deception's discharge is also internal, but true maul does not ignore armor anymore.

Charge mastery does give your kinetic/energy a passive AP of 9%.

Altheran
11.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Deception's discharge is also internal, but true maul does not ignore armor anymore.
I missed that part.

XakTsaroth
11.07.2012 , 04:19 PM | #10
I missed that part.
Also infiltration/deception technique causes internal damage on 25% chance with hits so yeah they do plenty internal damage as well.

Xak Tsaroth
He who teaches also learns...