Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

SoonerJBD
11.06.2012 , 01:47 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I"m going to continue playing the game as designed, with story. For those saying it's all the same, you do realize there are different options and some of them can be quite different depending on class.

Also, could we please kill the final boss in Taral 5? Not killing the boss is the very definition of being on a gear hampster wheel. Some of us actually are trying to play the game not run up a hampster wheel.

And yes, my gear is far beyond needing black hole comms.
And I'm going to root you out and vote kick you if you make me watch cinematics for a flashpoint I've done 50 times already.

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 01:49 AM | #72
More Spacebarz plzkthx
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

philrowen
11.06.2012 , 02:01 AM | #73
You people who play the flashpoints over and over again need to get a life or buy some new games. Playing SWTOR obsessively is clearly not a good use of your time.

If, as some have said here, your time is so valuable, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THIS STUPID FLASHPOINT AGAIN? If you just want to skip all the cutscenes, then you obviously are not playing to enjoy yourself, and if you aren't playing to enjoy yourself, then I wonder why you're playing at all.

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 02:09 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by philrowen View Post
You people who play the flashpoints over and over again need to get a life or buy some new games. Playing SWTOR obsessively is clearly not a good use of your time.

If, as some have said here, your time is so valuable, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THIS STUPID FLASHPOINT AGAIN? If you just want to skip all the cutscenes, then you obviously are not playing to enjoy yourself, and if you aren't playing to enjoy yourself, then I wonder why you're playing at all.
Most of the flashpoints are the same flashpoints we did while leveling. When you do them again with alts its not unlikely for people to have done them many multiples of time. The flashpoints, outside of 2 of them, have all been there for almost a year. So get off your high horse and stop telling people what to do.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

SoonerJBD
11.06.2012 , 02:10 AM | #75

Because you get BH comms for doing a hard mode flashpoint each day. Until you have full black hole gear, you have a very important reason to run those flashpoints over and over, assuming you want to raid.

The flashpoints are fun, but watching the cut scenes every time is sheer lunacy. I enjoy the boss fights. And I agree people who skip the last boss on Taral V are shmucks. But spacebar is going to be an important part of the game until Bioware decides to stop encouraging people to grind those flashpoints for gear well after they hit 50 and get columi.

Mowermanx
11.06.2012 , 02:10 AM | #76

Black Hole comms is the answer you seek.
A better fix would be to remove to BH comm carrot from these, that way, only people interested in running these will apply.

ZeroPlus
11.06.2012 , 03:59 AM | #77
It is really simple: if YOU want to spacebar through the converstations, do so and the wait out the "Waiting on Group" message.

Simple.

Don't impose YOUR preferred style of play on others. Sure, YOU'VE run that FP 50 times but it might be someone else's first time there.

On a side note:
YOU might also want to consider that not everyone is there just for the commendations and that some people are still gearing up. So next time you want to skip a boss, ask first and don't just run past. (I've run into groups who've never fought certain bosses because they've always just ran past them in other groups and then when we do them they actually get a gear upgrade...)
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Styxx
11.06.2012 , 05:03 AM | #78

- BH comms, which can kit your alts as soon as they hit 50.
- BH comms, which will buy Campaign armorings soon.
- BH comms / Gear for a guildie.

I listed 3 valid reasons for why I would play a FP for the 500th time. You only got "cos I don`t wanna spacebar".
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Styxx
11.06.2012 , 05:05 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
It is really simple: if YOU want to spacebar through the converstations, do so and the wait out the "Waiting on Group" message.

Simple.

Don't impose YOUR preferred style of play on others. Sure, YOU'VE run that FP 50 times but it might be someone else's first time there.

On a side note:
YOU might also want to consider that not everyone is there just for the commendations and that some people are still gearing up. So next time you want to skip a boss, ask first and don't just run past. (I've run into groups who've never fought certain bosses because they've always just ran past them in other groups and then when we do them they actually get a gear upgrade...)
Use story mode. Play with this attitude and I`ll ask you once. I won`t ask you a second time...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Alec_Fortescue
11.06.2012 , 05:12 AM | #80
Again:

Storymode: STORY and no cinematic skipping
Hard Mode: Farm, grind, challenge, should be done in the shortest possible time frame.

Queue up for storymode if you don't want to skip. And, obviously, if you're not skipping then it's likely your first time in the flashpoint. You SHOULD complete story mode to have an idea of the fights and some mechanics before entering Hard mode.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware