Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Cavegeta
11.05.2012 , 06:36 PM | #31
I don't mind letting people who haven't seen the story (especially BT/Esselles) play through it without spacebar. It's one of those things that always seems to get settled up front. I do get annoyed when it's specifically stated "Social Run" and someone doesn't spacebar.

Having said that, as has already been said, lag seems to be the problem these days more than the spacebar.

AlixMV
11.05.2012 , 06:40 PM | #32
I concur. It's actually part of the reason I've been hesitant to start doing Flashpoints.

I've done two (because a friend finally wore me down and talked me into it) overleveled on Story Mode, and I just said upfront upon getting into the instance "This is my first time doing this FP, I'm not going to be spacebarring through it." I figure at that point they could leave if they didn't want to put up with it. :P
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

Roalmo
11.05.2012 , 06:44 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavegeta View Post
.. I do get annoyed when it's specifically stated "Social Run" and someone doesn't spacebar.

Now this I don't understand. It's a "social" run, so I would assume that the spacebar nonsense would be moot. Now if you said SPACEBAR RUN, then I would understand. Why not call it like it is, rather than what it isn't.

craig_mac
11.05.2012 , 06:45 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
This is one of the many reasons I don't pug.
It's stating to bug me to. I have 3 50s all Empire and I rolled a Rep. the other day. I got to lvl10 (fleet) and hopped in the first Flash point (forget the name but it's only one). I had never seen any Rep story line yet so I wanted to watch. Just one dude kept saying hit space bar until he left "good" the three left did it. We didn't even bother with calling a replacement player. At that level two of us could have done it.

Cavegeta
11.05.2012 , 06:46 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
I concur. It's actually part of the reason I've been hesitant to start doing Flashpoints.

I've done two (because a friend finally wore me down and talked me into it) overleveled on Story Mode, and I just said upfront upon getting into the instance "This is my first time doing this FP, I'm not going to be spacebarring through it." I figure at that point they could leave if they didn't want to put up with it. :P
I haven't done all the FPs/Ops either, which is why I'm super sympathetic to any lower level player going through it the first time.

philrowen
11.05.2012 , 06:47 PM | #36
I bet some of the people in this thread have never watched a movie more than once.

Roalmo
11.05.2012 , 06:47 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by RSLeMire View Post
If I was unable to skip the story I would very likely only run it once. I do not watch reruns, I don't care to be forced to watch anything more than once.
Then do the story mode 1x. Then shift to hard mode with the rest of the spacebar peeps.

Cavegeta
11.05.2012 , 06:48 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by craig_mac View Post
It's stating to bug me to. I have 3 50s all Empire and I rolled a Rep. the other day. I got to lvl10 (fleet) and hopped in the first Flash point (forget the name but it's only one). I had never seen any Rep story line yet so I wanted to watch. Just one dude kept saying hit space bar until he left "good" the three left did it. We didn't even bother with calling a replacement player. At that level two of us could have done it.
Sorry, my understanding was that it was for Social Points. Spacebar run might clarify things.

Cavegeta
11.05.2012 , 06:50 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by craig_mac View Post
Oddly, the spacebar demands have only happened to me on the Rep side also.

Roalmo
11.05.2012 , 06:50 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavegeta View Post
Sorry, my understanding was that it was for Social Points. Spacebar run might clarify things.
If you have to explain the "social" as meaning for "social points only", then yep.. should be "Spacebar run".