Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Chrysantemum's Avatar


Chrysantemum
11.17.2012 , 07:15 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
Heheheh, that's beautiful.

kwthomas's Avatar


kwthomas
11.17.2012 , 10:46 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I know right, who the hell wants to enjoy the story content that this game is marketed for? right guys?

which is why you say its your first time running it. then ppl will shut up and deal with it.

MouseNoFour's Avatar


MouseNoFour
11.18.2012 , 02:10 AM | #254
If i dont want to press space bar, i wont.

Dont like it, either leave the group or convince the group to remove me.

lklinga's Avatar


lklinga
11.19.2012 , 06:47 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by vdeity View Post
When I have people in the group telling us to spacebar, I deliberately watch the whole scene, even if it was my intention to skip.

If I am the tank, I also wait until the last second to make my dialogue choices.
What's that impatient Marauder @#$% going to do? Kick me?
Have fun going back into queue for a few hours.

I'm the tank.
I decide the pace.
I lol-ed that is why I play tanks and healers you can tell people to shut up.
This game's story is beautiful I enjoy it I watch it.

NamShub's Avatar


NamShub
11.19.2012 , 07:13 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
OR roll a tank with your first char. if people don't like it... let them have fun finding someone to replace you
I used to do that with my tank before I unsubbed. I like the story even if I've run the flashpoint a hundred times. It also gives me a few minutes to take a break from trying to keep DPS from pulling when everyone is at half health and the healer is out of resources, etc.

It was always heartwarming to let the impatient know their options were:

a) watch the cut scene for a minute and pick up some social points
b) drop and go back to the queue for a half hour
Do not dwell in the past. Do not dream of the future.
Concentrate the mind on the present moment.

NamShub's Avatar


NamShub
11.19.2012 , 07:15 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by kwthomas View Post
which is why you say its your first time running it. then ppl will shut up and deal with it.
I've done that and had people still tell me to spacebar through and watch the story on someone else's time.
Do not dwell in the past. Do not dream of the future.
Concentrate the mind on the present moment.

-Silver-'s Avatar


-Silver-
11.19.2012 , 07:20 AM | #258
If it's my first time somewhere, I politely tell the group I'd like to watch the cutscenes. I'm not really giving them an option about it, but manners don't cost anything.

If it's a repeat run and the rest of the group is keen to skip, then I skip too.

If it's a repeat run and someone else says they want to watch, then I will watch too.

I have encountered flashpoints where some players get absolutely FURIOUS about people not skipping, and honestly I find it hilarious In some cases they even leave the group, which makes no sense at all, because now they have to queue again and restart from the beginning. Baffling.

chimex's Avatar


chimex
11.19.2012 , 07:59 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
OMG I couldn't spacebar the credits, THIS GAME'S BROKEN! RAAAAARRRWWWW!!!!!!
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

killmaimburn's Avatar


killmaimburn
11.19.2012 , 08:16 AM | #260
The argument that if someone wants to watch something no one should be able to tell them what to do. ... Well no one can physically force them to do anything. But, come on. If you get into a group with random people, common sense should prevail. You are there to perform a function of the group. The group's role is to kill baddies and save the day. The conversation part is in direct conflict with killing baddies. The reason being is this. You have to stop killing baddies to watch the conversation cutscenes. Now I understand that people think they can act whatever way they want in public. But you can't. You don't drive 35 mph in a 65 mph zone and then have people defend your choice of driving painfully under the speed limit. That's kind of the argument here.

Spacebar or kick. You can be replaced. I've run alot of hm's over time. My companions can perform every function of the group if someone gets kicked. That's the incentive for using spacebar. Get it done faster, do another one.