Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

NoFishing
11.08.2012 , 10:57 AM | #191
I agree...in every FP I spam spacebar, 1, spacebar, 1, spacebar, 1. But there have been enough instances running FPs in my guild when we are all staring at the "Waiting on Group Members" message that I think it is just rude to assume someone isn't doing it when it could simply be the game being buggy.

I am tempted to adopt of a policy of watching all of the story when someone demands it be skipped.

TUXs
11.08.2012 , 11:12 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
The one against the majority may look like an anomaly in their eyes since he refuses to play the way they want him to play. But the true anomaly in the grand scheme of things is the said majority. You can't deny that watching the story is a default way of playing through a FP, no matter normal or hc, which is intended by Bioware. Skipping the story, on the other hand, is just a side option for cases when the entire group is willing to do so.
Default?! What is this "default" crap? Bioware added the spacebar option - it's a "default" as well. Perhaps their intent was for you to use it after the 1st time through?

Please just stop with this moronic idea that one style is "default" or more "entitled" than the other. BOTH styles are supported, by DEFAULT. If you don't like your group, leave. If someone in your group isn't playing nice, kick them. Watchers are no better than skippers. You both have a right to ask others to do it your way, but nobody is required to. Don't like it, find a new group.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

JediNg
11.08.2012 , 11:33 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Default?! What is this "default" crap? Bioware added the spacebar option - it's a "default" as well. Perhaps their intent was for you to use it after the 1st time through?

Please just stop with this moronic idea that one style is "default" or more "entitled" than the other. BOTH styles are supported, by DEFAULT. If you don't like your group, leave. If someone in your group isn't playing nice, kick them. Watchers are no better than skippers. You both have a right to ask others to do it your way, but nobody is required to. Don't like it, find a new group.
'Default' because you have to take extra action to skip the cutscene. I don't know why you're so upset over that. Just keep using the space bar as per your usual routine.
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005

Sarlan
11.08.2012 , 11:36 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
This.

I'm sick of people not spacing through Black Talon\Essel. Especially when they're asked if they mind if we skip and they just remain silent. Ran those so many times I noticed that Asara has green eyes on the Esseles and brown eyes aboard Kilran's ship. To hell with those.

Want to see story? Go solo it on level 16-20 and don't delay others.
Its not your fp or your group nor your decision for other players. If you wish to have the ability to make decisions for other players I suggest you spam the fleet until you find three other people willing to consent to your decisions for them then queue up as a group.....

Otherwise suck it up and accept its the random group finder where no one is going to give a womprats arse about letting you make decisions for them......or consent to it.

TUXs
11.08.2012 , 11:46 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by JediNg View Post
'Default' because you have to take extra action to skip the cutscene. I don't know why you're so upset over that. Just keep using the space bar as per your usual routine.
I'm not even slightly upset - in fact, I think this is the most foolish thread I've ever read because every person strongly opinionated, one way or the other, seems to forget they are playing an MMO where other people are also involved. I've never seen such selfishness, hypocrisy or entitlement from so many people. And you must be confused with that last comment - I suggest you begin at the start of this thread before tossing out accusations that are false.

This ENTIRE argument can be easily solved - KICK or QUIT. I encourage everyone to exercise those choices.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

JediNg
11.08.2012 , 11:47 AM | #196
I'm not even slightly upset - in fact, I think this is the most foolish thread I've ever read because every person strongly opinionated, one way or the other, seems to forget they are playing an MMO where other people are also involved. I've never seen such selfishness, hypocrisy or entitlement from so many people. And you must be confused with that last comment - I suggest you begin at the start of this thread before tossing out accusations that are false.

This ENTIRE argument can be easily solved - KICK or QUIT. I encourage everyone to exercise those choices.
Okay.
Ritha
The Harbinger

mikebevo
11.08.2012 , 12:01 PM | #197
Now we are vote kicking over player playing the game. Quit if you are so impatient, but don't kick over someone playing the game.

I have no problem with skipping...I am hitting spacebar, but if someone wants to watch it I am not going to have a cow and leave or vote kick them. Just can't be that impatient and that selfish and self-centered. I am also not going to vote kick or quit as I feel that I have made a commitment to the group when I sign into group finder and call me old fashion, but I keep my word. At the time I do HMFP pretty much get a instant queue on my healer, but that does not mean I am going to leave my team just because something is easier or faster.

Now if someone ninja non-class gear from someone that can use it or is a jerk to another player, then I will go along with a vote kick, but I am not kicking for someone wanting to watch the story.

Also have no problem with someone typing spacebar once...Since I have forgot to hit spacebar once in awhile. It is just when it is constant and it is obvious the person is watching story where that annoys me.

JediNg
11.08.2012 , 12:03 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Now we are vote kicking over player playing the game. Quit if you are so impatient, but don't kick over someone playing the game.

I have no problem with skipping...I am hitting spacebar, but if someone wants to watch it I am not going to have a cow and leave or vote kick them. Just can't be that impatient and that selfish and self-centered. I am also not going to vote kick or quit as I feel that I have made a commitment to the group when I sign into group finder and call me old fashion, but I keep my word. At the time I do HMFP pretty much get a instant queue on my healer, but that does not mean I am going to leave my team just because something is easier or faster.

Now if some ninja non-class gear from someone that can use it or is a jerk to another player, then I will go along with a vote kick, but I am not kicking for someone wanting to watch the story.

Also have no problem with someone typing spacebar once...Since I have forgot to hit spacebar once in awhile. It is just when it is constant and it is obvious the person is watching story where that annoys me.
Pretty much. Either I go with people I know (which is most of the time), or I play at a time which I can accomodate someone watching the scenes.
Ritha
The Harbinger

TUXs
11.08.2012 , 12:07 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
"I" don't. I'm simply saying, these are the 2 options for extremists on BOTH sides of this - KICK or QUIT.

I believe the majority of the people don't feel strongly enough about it either way. Most players try to get a feel for the group and go with the flow.

Urael
11.08.2012 , 12:13 PM | #200
To sum up this thread into one neat pithy sentence:

"You are free to play however you want unless that way interfears with the way that I want to play."

/thread.