Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Cretinus
11.06.2012 , 05:56 PM | #161
Again: I started this topic NOT as a discussion about whether to spacebar, or not to spacebar.
It was intended to be about people TELLING other people to spacebar. Because it is absolutely pointless, since everybody is aware of the spacebar option. So if you see that someone is not spacebaring, just live with it, or quit, or try a kick vote. To keep writing into the chat "pls spacebar" is absurd because the reason why the guy isn't spacebaring is simply that he wants to see the story and surely not that he doesn't know how to skip the cut scenes. To tell him to spacebar amounts to telling him not to want to see the story, instead of wanting. This doesn't make any sense. This is what this topic was intended to be about.
Nerf operatives.

Jinzouningen
11.06.2012 , 06:14 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
I understand that. But if people don't press spacebar because they don't want to, for whatever reason, it's still pointless to tell them to do so. It is mega annoying to have to read the press-spacebar-flame-spam when it's clear that one member simply wants to see the scene. He won't spacebar because he doesn't want to, not because nobody told him to do it.
I read you. I havent had this happen to me yet but i'm sure it will. When it does i'll just ignore them I havent played since january so there are lots of FP's and OP's that i hadnt done so yeah i'm gonna enjoy the story. Just that once but i'm not gonna spacebar that first time anyway.

I'm also not about to bug someone else to do so. I mean ..enough time is saved with all the mob skipping people do these days.. its nuts.
Sith lightning is just a rip off of Shaman lightning.

Jinzouningen
11.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
This-this-this.

Don't like the story? Then you just skip it yourself and wait for the rest of the group to hear the story, or you leave the group and find one willing to spacebar. There is nothing, repeat nothing, wrong with waiting for someone to listen to the story? Only BT/Esseles have serious story - the others have, what, maybe five minutes of story total? There's a thing called patience, right? Mmm?
Exactly. its not even that long. Go to the bathroom or something. Its amazing how someone " not " hitting the spacebar hurts peoples feelings. heh wow those are the same people who prob have a problem with people who accidentally pull some " skipped " mobs. I mean there are more groups of skipped mobs then downed ones now anyway.
Sith lightning is just a rip off of Shaman lightning.

NightBlizzard
11.06.2012 , 06:43 PM | #164
Putting my 2 cents in here

If its a FP I really really love (like the Foundry - I'm a KOTOR fan) I will sit there - on HM and watch as the bad-*** droid comes out - or as Revan is talking. I will NOT hit the spacebar if you are having a hissy-fit and can't take 2 minutes out of your time to watch something that I thoroughly enjoy. I remember one time I was with my tank friend and this guy was so rude about the whole thing we literally RP walked through the entire FP :P

That being said - I usually run with my friends (we are a TANK/HEALER/DPS) combo. We do have the common courtesy to let people know if we are not going to be skipping mobs, cutscenes, ect. Usually we'll say 'Hey - we're not spacebaring - if you'd like to leave nows the time'.
"A large stack of credits does wonders for my affection level"

Malkavier
11.06.2012 , 06:45 PM | #165
Here's a little hint about using spacebar:

If you hit it, or do not hit it, it hardly matters. Why? Because there's an automated delay already built into the game for the server to the client dealing with cutscenes. This delay can't be avoided, and takes almost as much time as playing the entire cutscene in some cases.

Some of us have tested this, for instance, on BT when you ride the shuttle over. You can pound the spacebar but it forces you to wait for the exact same amount of time as it takes to watch the cutscene.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 06:56 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
That's good because it makes no sense. The story dialogue is there. If the player does nothing, the story will play. Spacebarring is the anomaly. It is offered for those who wish it, but it is not how the Flashpoint works by default. You are asking to change the status quo. You should take the responsibility to find a group that wishes to play that way.
The problem for you is that the majority of people spacebar because the majority of people have already seen this content a mass amount of times. So, it is you that needs to find like minded people, not me.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 06:58 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Daynna View Post
Yet, you're playing this game where you repeatedly do the same content.
Playing content is different from watching content.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 07:02 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
And players are also 100% entitled to use the spacebar key - using your logic, it's been put there to be used, so I suggest people USE it. I also suggest you take your own advice and ask if people mind watching, if not, deal with it. Neither of you is 'right', it's a group preference. If you can't play well with others, you're free to find another group.

Generally, I'll accept either choice.
This is spot on. Group majority is what counts. If 3 people want to skip then odd man is out. If 3 people want to watch then odd man is out. I would say if 2 people want to watch and 2 people want to skip then either break up or suck it up and watch.

ViciousFett
11.06.2012 , 07:03 PM | #169
There's clearly 2 very strongly opinionated groups for this topic.
There really just needs to be 2 separate GF queues with convos enabled and disabled.
Personally, I'm one of the ones that has done every flashpoint about 1000 times and has no need for social points. I wish they'd go away along with all the noobs that like to watch them.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vėsh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookģepuss - Rõland
Mbison

CE VIP

ViciousFett
11.06.2012 , 07:05 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
Here's a little hint about using spacebar:

If you hit it, or do not hit it, it hardly matters. Why? Because there's an automated delay already built into the game for the server to the client dealing with cutscenes. This delay can't be avoided, and takes almost as much time as playing the entire cutscene in some cases.

Some of us have tested this, for instance, on BT when you ride the shuttle over. You can pound the spacebar but it forces you to wait for the exact same amount of time as it takes to watch the cutscene.
This is not true at all. Barring server lag, the delay is about 1/20th as long as watching the entire convos in most cases.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vėsh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookģepuss - Rõland
Mbison

CE VIP