Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How Expertise Changes 1.2 have ruined PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Expertise Changes 1.2 have ruined PvP

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.05.2012 , 09:58 PM | #11
Random colored and underlined words.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.05.2012 , 10:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
1.2 brought about some interesting changes, before 1.2 all expertise boosts was the same for everyone, then because so many NUBS complained that they could not kill any healers (not my fault they cant interupt). BW in there wisdom changed it so even though they nerfed some of wat was thought to be OP classes (still are) they then boosted them again In PVP with a MASSIVE bonus on the damage OUTPUT! Now you all Complain that the damage burst is to great and the healers cant keep you alive. BW have catered for the majority of the whineing babys and in doing so this is the result make up your minds what you want. Us healers have hung around trying to make do with what we have. But you all still cant FOCUS healers KILL healers.

You whiners have brought this upon us and will not agree with me that the expertise changes were wrong.

Thexremstar been complaining about the expertise changes since 1.2 because they are simply not balanced and totally unfair to the healer.
OMG please ****. You were whiny about the expertise changes in fleet chat, and I outlined in detail the math that explains why the changes were made.

TLDR: before expertise change, dam red outweighed dam inc. After expertise change, they completely negate each other. This was done so that when we get more and more expertise on gear, we won't be doing piss damage to players.

Thexremstar's Avatar


Thexremstar
12.29.2012 , 07:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
The post 1.2 expertise is why tanks are so less effective in PvP cuase they have to spend 4-5% of their mitigation just to counter expertise boost. I still prefer playing my pure tank in warzones for tactical reasons, but expertise really hampers my mitigation which is the backbone of the vanguard tank.
Personally i think this is another example of bioware paying to much attention to complainers, which is why pvp is messed up becuase so many pvpers only understand dps, dps, dps and cant grasp concepts such as role balance, class balance, actual gear gap vs percieved gap, etc.
best answer ive read on the changes to expertise ever at least you feel my pain and seem to understand my gripe.
Ive been complaining about this 1.2 patch since the first week it was live! no balance and healing is virtualy ruined and from wat u say tanks too

Thexremstar's Avatar


Thexremstar
12.29.2012 , 07:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
OMG please ****. You were whiny about the expertise changes in fleet chat, and I outlined in detail the math that explains why the changes were made.

TLDR: before expertise change, dam red outweighed dam inc. After expertise change, they completely negate each other. This was done so that when we get more and more expertise on gear, we won't be doing piss damage to players.
this doesnt explain why healers still have 11% less HEALING BOOST when the average geared players can hit u for 5-7K and a full WH geared player cant heal them self for 5K with the expertise boost and talent boost ect. you are a total NUB and obvioulsy dont play a healer all you talk about is damage damage damage thats not the only focus in the game U NUB

JackNader's Avatar


JackNader
12.29.2012 , 07:30 AM | #15
To the original poster.. Try learning the game mechanics before you start ranting.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
12.29.2012 , 07:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
this doesnt explain why healers still have 11% less HEALING BOOST when the average geared players can hit u for 5-7K and a full WH geared player cant heal them self for 5K with the expertise boost and talent boost ect. you are a total NUB and obvioulsy dont play a healer all you talk about is damage damage damage thats not the only focus in the game U NUB
dude, my unoptimized op healer can pump out almost 10k heals every 2 seconds if left to freecast. Its crazy. As a sniper i need to wait 12-15 sec for my next 5k ambush. Stop whining, healing is powerful.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

madtycoon's Avatar


madtycoon
12.29.2012 , 08:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
1.2 brought about some interesting changes, before 1.2 all expertise boosts was the same for everyone, then because so many NUBS complained that they could not kill any healers (not my fault they cant interupt). BW in there wisdom changed it so even though they nerfed some of wat was thought to be OP classes (still are) they then boosted them again In PVP with a MASSIVE bonus on the damage OUTPUT! Now you all Complain that the damage burst is to great and the healers cant keep you alive. BW have catered for the majority of the whineing babys and in doing so this is the result make up your minds what you want. Us healers have hung around trying to make do with what we have. But you all still cant FOCUS healers KILL healers.

You whiners have brought this upon us and will not agree with me that the expertise changes were wrong.

Thexremstar been complaining about the expertise changes since 1.2 because they are simply not balanced and totally unfair to the healer.
Its set up this way because of things like guard and taunts. They can't give more healing output from expertise, because of the difference in damage when a tank is around. Unfortunately this makes it really hard to heal through, especially when you factor in trauma. Random warzones are even more painful, because when you get 2 people on you right now, you just get demolished, because everything does huge damage, and unless you have tanks or your class has a good defensive cooldown (thats up), you die in a few seconds.

1.2 was the patch that they changed expertise and got rid of things like on use relics, right? Ever since whatever patch that was, the damage has been insane and it only gets worse with each tier of gear they'll release unless they change things up. Everytime new gear comes out people gain power, top end and main stat, while expertise % DR curves and doesn't really affect things much. So you have people with expertise basically the same as the start of 1.2, but you have power and main stat only climbing (no DRs on those?). New gear barely helps healing output, because of the baseline trauma in pvp cutting huge into your raw (non trauma) output. So in the end, dps gains with gear while survival and healing fall behind.

Stealios's Avatar


Stealios
12.29.2012 , 09:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
this doesnt explain why healers still have 11% less HEALING BOOST when the average geared players can hit u for 5-7K and a full WH geared player cant heal them self for 5K with the expertise boost and talent boost ect. you are a total NUB and obvioulsy dont play a healer all you talk about is damage damage damage thats not the only focus in the game U NUB
I agree that damage is ridiculous in warzones, but healing doesn't need a buff.
If they just lower dmg from some classes it will be fine.

And if you can't heal for 5k you're doing something wrong, even with trauma debuff my scoundrel get plenty of 5.5k+ heals (no, not on myself) and from time to time even as high as 6.5k.

xContex's Avatar


xContex
12.29.2012 , 09:42 AM | #19
I'm pretty sure the #1 reason why bioware pumped up expertise was because full pve toons were performing as well or even better than pvp toons.
Scyn

The Sovereign Legacy

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
12.29.2012 , 11:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
this doesnt explain why healers still have 11% less HEALING BOOST when the average geared players can hit u for 5-7K and a full WH geared player cant heal them self for 5K with the expertise boost and talent boost ect. you are a total NUB and obvioulsy dont play a healer all you talk about is damage damage damage thats not the only focus in the game U NUB
my full wh sorcs unnatural preservation has hit 7k in combat with the expertise powerup as heal spec.. Is said healer in recruit or something? lolz and other players are regularly critted for 5.5k (6k+ if i grab an expertise powerup)
Nothing wrong with healing atm. Hell my sorc does 5k heals occasionally when he's dps you've gotta be doing something wrong.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord