Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key Question - Physical Device Reusable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Security Key Question - Physical Device Reusable?

Scripts
12.19.2011 , 10:45 PM | #1
Question regarding the Security Key/Authenticator (http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key).

I bought a Collectors edition (mostly for all the stuff in it) and it comes with an authenticator. If I associate that authenticator with my account, but then change my account to use the authenticator program for an Android Mobile Phone (when it becomes available), does the original authenticator keyfob I used become unusable?

Situation would be as follows: I open up my collector's edition tomorrow. I associate the authenticator with my account. In 6 months, I change my account to use the authenticator program on my phone, instead of the physical authenticator that came with my collector's edition. I now want to give the authenticator to one of my guildies/friends/family members. Can they reuse that authenticator, or is it trash at that point?

Just curious, so that I can make an informed decision on whether I should wait for the mobile app for my android phone or not. I want to make sure my account is secure, for obvious reasons, but if I need to wait, I will.