Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Proposed changes to merc/commando skill tree for pvp balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Proposed changes to merc/commando skill tree for pvp balance

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
11.05.2012 , 08:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
i would make for weapon calibrations something as: Charged Bolt has 50%/100% chance to trigger plasma cell

Static Barrier: grav ground / charged bolts have 50%/100% chance to build up a barrier that decreases incoming damage by 1% stacks up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, all attacks become Uninterruptible and cant be leaped.

Tech override: Makes all your abilities that have an activation time to activate instantly for the next 10 seconds.

Concussion Charge: Deals 462 - 501 elemental damage and pushes up to 5 nearby enemies back away from the Trooper. Targets are rooted for 4 seconds, damage breaks the effect after 2 seconds.

Return the knockaway to stockstrike

Curtain of Fire: Charged bolts/grav round have 15%/30%/45% chance to finish the cooldown of Full Auto, increase the damage done by the next full auto by 25% makes its damage elemental and uninterruptible.
Everything but the root on kb is OP imo our dmg is fine, we dont need more dmg

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
11.05.2012 , 09:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
Everything but the root on kb is OP imo our dmg is fine, we dont need more dmg
so so, powertech spammable attack does more damage then grav round... but anyway

plus static barrier that i proposed would fix alot of the survivability issues of gunnery, because lets be honest here. gunnery is supposed to be stationary but right now it has zero tools to do so efficiantly, like a sniper for instence.

Anishor's Avatar


Anishor
11.05.2012 , 09:31 AM | #13
Anyone ever thought about giving them a 'leap back' skill? The inverse of force leap, it would jump back 30m from the target.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Darth_Acherus's Avatar


Darth_Acherus
11.05.2012 , 09:34 AM | #14
I personally still like the idea of bringing energy shield down to tier 2 in medic tree to make it accessible to gunnery.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.05.2012 , 03:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
I personally still like the idea of bringing energy shield down to tier 2 in medic tree to make it accessible to gunnery.
I'd rather see Gunnery with its own, independent anti-interrupt mechanic, or skills that reduce the need for cast time (instants after Tech Override, more quick grav vortex stacking for Demo round followups, etc, etc).
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
11.05.2012 , 04:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
Static Barrier: grav ground / charged bolts have 50%/100% chance to build up a barrier that decreases incoming damage by 1% stacks up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, all attacks become Uninterruptible and cant be leaped.
Or allow them to leap but if they do they get stunned for 4 seconds, breaks on damage after 2 seconds. Doesn't build any resolve. Then it would require more than half a brain to bring down a merc/commando.

Henu's Avatar


Henu
11.05.2012 , 06:23 PM | #17
ill be happy with 2 changes

1 Given my rocket punch knock back back
2 shields are stronger and make us immune to CC, interrupts and stuns etc.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Danapa's Avatar


Danapa
11.05.2012 , 07:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Anyone ever thought about giving them a 'leap back' skill? The inverse of force leap, it would jump back 30m from the target.
And then some glowstick user will forcejump at you smash and will hit you for 7k or some vanguard/powertech /shadow/sin will pull you back to their feet.....

aint gonna happen but give us cover like gs/sniper but only natural cover no that screen cover thing or something like that we are soldiers taking cover its a must!

dejavy's Avatar


dejavy
11.05.2012 , 07:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
imo instead of QQing and making threads about mercs being underpowered, why not consolidate your thoughts and ideas here.....
I did twice and i saw about 10+ threads like this. Do you know how BW responded? - .!.
After that i play the other toon that's it.

dejavy's Avatar


dejavy
11.05.2012 , 07:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Danapa View Post
And then some glowstick user will forcejump at you smash and will hit you for 7k or some vanguard/powertech /shadow/sin will pull you back to their feet.....

aint gonna happen but give us cover like gs/sniper but only natural cover no that screen cover thing or something like that we are soldiers taking cover its a must!
I wish my gunslinger could wear Heavy Armor + rifle and have class name "Trooper" - that's my dream. I LOVE the gunslinger's utility so much but hate his style. I wish my commando has half of the tools my GS has.