Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

We need to fix our Oceanic server's population people!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
We need to fix our Oceanic server's population people!!
 

pmurie's Avatar


pmurie
11.04.2012 , 08:32 PM | #1
We need to fix our Oceanic server's population people!! I'm not going to sit back and HOPE Bioware some day fix it, we need take action by getting on Bioware back's now and DEMANDING to fix our Oceanic server's population!!

What I suggest we all do is put up ticket after ticket and email support@swtor.com, over and over until they start to listen and do something!

Advise them to to fix our Oceanic server, merge all three, cross server FP/WZ/OPs, etc...

All i'm asking is for at least 10 people a day let people know how u feel about our Oceanic servers unitl we can log on and wait less than 5 mins to get a team to run something just like the US servers!

Vindrik's Avatar


Vindrik
11.04.2012 , 08:38 PM | #2
While I admire that you want to 'fix' the problem, constantly putting in tickets won't fix anything. They already know that cross-server implementation is something that would help to bolster speed of getting into content, but they've also previously said they're hesitant to do it because they don't want to ruin the sense of community, which is exactly what would happen. The reason US servers have such low wait times is because they have a much larger pool of players, not because Bioware is making it that way for them and not for us.

Server mergers are also something they are aware of, and they have posted that they are working towards finding a solution to low server population on the Oceanic servers. Bombarding them with tickets is just going to get them pissed off, and won't actually get them to work any faster. There are already major threads about the issue. Post your thoughts there and help support the idea, don't just spam them with unhelpful nonsense.

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.04.2012 , 08:43 PM | #3
A real problem we need fixed is this twinking epidemic thats happening in lowbie pvp. Never knew how many people take lowbie pvp so seriously, but yes those guys running around with 15k+ hp (and not tanks) are gonna kill pvp for new people.

MrRuck's Avatar


MrRuck
11.04.2012 , 09:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vindrik View Post
While I admire that you want to 'fix' the problem, constantly putting in tickets won't fix anything. They already know that cross-server implementation is something that would help to bolster speed of getting into content, but they've also previously said they're hesitant to do it because they don't want to ruin the sense of community, which is exactly what would happen. The reason US servers have such low wait times is because they have a much larger pool of players, not because Bioware is making it that way for them and not for us.
The merge into high population servers wasn't just a solution to population issues, it was their alternative to cross-server queuing.
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
A real problem we need fixed is this twinking epidemic thats happening in lowbie pvp. Never knew how many people take lowbie pvp so seriously, but yes those guys running around with 15k+ hp (and not tanks) are gonna kill pvp for new people.
It's only going to get worse now they're bringing in pay-to-win level 10 +41 crystals. -.-
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.04.2012 , 09:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRuck View Post
It's only going to get worse now they're bringing in pay-to-win level 10 +41 crystals. -.-
And i thought seeing lvl 30's in full augmented gear was ridiculous... Well at least i'll get the most out of lowbie pvp before it becomes a twink-fest in f2p by sound of it.

Didy_Kush's Avatar


Didy_Kush
11.05.2012 , 12:15 AM | #6
If you want it fixed go buy everybody you know the game, pay for their sub and tell them to roll on Dalborra

And what Vindrik said..... don't spam them with rubbish they wont work any faster all their effort atm is on 1.5 and trying to make it as buggy as possible

pmurie's Avatar


pmurie
11.05.2012 , 12:30 AM | #7
i worked in customer service for over 10 years, if u get told over and over again, they do something about it!

it's a oceanic server merge or cross server where WOW gained 3 million subscribers from cross server so it does work. we want to play the game, not wait 20-30 mins for a WZ or up to 60 mins for a FP... i don't care if the ping is 1000 at least i can play the game and i'm sure most people with agreed with me!

keep spamming bioware so they do something at least so we can play this game!

Greggo's Avatar


Greggo
11.05.2012 , 02:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRuck View Post
The merge into high population servers wasn't just a solution to population issues, it was their alternative to cross-server queuing.

It's only going to get worse now they're bringing in pay-to-win level 10 +41 crystals. -.-
Apparently it doesn't make a huge difference in warzones because of the bolster system. Haven't tried it myself though.
Evewyns - Ootini Knights
Martian - Ootini Rage
Harbinger
Ex-Dalborra

BattleGracefully's Avatar


BattleGracefully
11.05.2012 , 02:56 AM | #9
oh look another one of these posts stating the same stuff as always.
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

Vindrik's Avatar


Vindrik
11.05.2012 , 03:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by pmurie View Post
i don't care if the ping is 1000 at least i can play the game and i'm sure most people with agreed with me!
I disagree with this entirely. I know a hell of a lot of people that would stop playing entirely with that much ping because it makes fast-reaction pve content practically impossible, let alone pvp. They know there is an issue and they are already aware that we want a fix, and have stating they are working on something. Leave it at that and let them do their job.