Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance Double-Standard

Ashu-ri
11.05.2012 , 02:43 AM | #21
Frankly, I have it in my head that my consular did the deed with Zenith. I mean, who doesn't like a bad boy?

Darth_Urtani
11.05.2012 , 02:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
It's pretty obvious the game designers cater to male players, they don't seem to realize there are alot of women playing too, and we'd like a fair bit of action and story in the game too, in terms of romances.
*GASP you mean a company that wants to earn money is catering to a larger group?! HOW SEXIST!
Seriously...
CE VIP

AlixMV
11.05.2012 , 04:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
See my above post. I cant figure out why some of you people are so obsessed with your fake pixel relationship with a non existent character or lack there of. Seriously sad that this is what some gamers complain about.
"I can't figure out why some of you people are so obsesed with fake pixel [insert your favorite part of SWTOR here] or lack thereof."

There, I fixed it for you. Because whatever your favorite part of the game is, there's pretty much guaranteed to be someone out there who doesn't care about it as much as you don't care about this thread.

If you don't care about it...don't participate in the discussion, and leave it to those who do.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

ZomgAChicken
11.05.2012 , 04:22 PM | #24
And yet I don't give a damn

AlixMV
11.05.2012 , 04:25 PM | #25
Totally agree with the OP, also about the double-standard that three of the eight classes get two full on Romance options while the 'best' the females get are two classes that get flings in addition to the full Romances. And that all the male LIs are Human, except for Jorgan.

But I disagree with someone dissing on the f!Consular Romance. I'm happening to enjoy it quite a bit, it fits my character very well, while I disliked pretty strongly elements of the f!Jedi Knight Romance, which someone else dubbed "the best". Dollars to doughnuts there are people out there who hate your preferred Romance as much as you like it. Try to remember that when you're expressing your opinions.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

Rayla_Felana
11.05.2012 , 04:29 PM | #26
I tell you, the amount of my characters who have gone celibate through having no interesting romantic partners at all, is in the 100% range and I refuse outright to play a male character just because.

Master-Nala
11.05.2012 , 04:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Consulars kinda of have two but you can only initially flirt with Tharan.

It really doesn't surprise me though
The story suggests
Spoiler

TUXs
11.05.2012 , 04:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BrainlessWhale View Post
Who cares.
With the other issues SWTOR has, I also feel this way. In a perfect game, I'd agree with the OP...but not for this game...not now.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

stuffystuffs
11.05.2012 , 04:36 PM | #29
Yeah, the romance situation concerning male vs. female content is so ridiculously skewed in one favor it's out-right comical.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I tell you, the amount of my characters who have gone celibate through having no interesting romantic partners at all, is in the 100% range and I refuse outright to play a male character just because.
Same with me (as far as what's seen in game).

But...

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
Frankly, I have it in my head that my consular did the deed with Zenith. I mean, who doesn't like a bad boy?
Head-canon to the rescue!

*well, not with Zenith for me, but I do rely on the ol' head-canon with others*

Master-Nala
11.05.2012 , 04:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
Zenith is insane, not a bad boy. This became clear to me on my second consular who went dark side.