Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance Double-Standard

Kourage
11.04.2012 , 08:44 PM | #11
Because those NPCs don't want you.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Merouk
11.04.2012 , 08:48 PM | #12
Yes EVERYONE has noticed. At release. Months ago.

DarkLordIceman
11.04.2012 , 08:52 PM | #13
[QUOTE=redhuntinghat;5366524]I mean being unable to romance Broon or Blizz is understandable, but why no Gault, or Zenith (as I've heard but am not sure on this one), or Rusk, or Scourge? Gault sure as hell seems more human-like than that Togruta, Ashara, yet he's off limits? And most of all, female Twi'lek Vette is romanceable yet male Twi'lek Zenith is not.[QUOTE]

Gault is
Spoiler

Scourge is
Spoiler

Revanchis
11.04.2012 , 09:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BrainlessWhale View Post
Who cares.
For some of us the story is the most important part of the game.

Ilhares
11.04.2012 , 10:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Two Romantic Companions:
Male Sith Warrior (Darkside Jaesa / Vette)
While it isn't hearts and flowers,
Spoiler

MitchPB
11.05.2012 , 12:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
Except for the Male Bountey Hunter Blizz romance . . . everyone knew Blizz is a girl, right?
lies.
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher

Kazaganthis
11.05.2012 , 12:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
For some of us the story is the most important part of the game.
Your fake pixel computerized girlfriend/boyfriend relationship online (which consists of a few fade to black kisses and nothing much else) is the most important part of the story for you? Wow...Im sorry.

Lunafox
11.05.2012 , 02:08 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BrainlessWhale View Post
Who cares.
I do. As a female player who has played all the classes, both male and female toons to 50, I've seen the double standards. Female toons, just don't get the same oppourtunities as the males do. For example, the male agent gets 9 opportunities for ftb across the galaxy, besides the 2 romance choices he gets. Females only get one romance option and only 4 ftb ops, one of which, well, I wish I could 'unsee' it. There are countless other examples, like for instance Male Trooper gets the story with Jaxo and his romanceable companion, as well as countless other flirtations. I'm disgusted by the fact that female trooper only gets the stupid cat (in fact I opted out of that romance.)

It's pretty obvious the game designers cater to male players, they don't seem to realize there are alot of women playing too, and we'd like a fair bit of action and story in the game too, in terms of romances.
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Kazaganthis
11.05.2012 , 02:17 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I do. As a female player who has played all the classes, both male and female toons to 50, I've seen the double standards. Female toons, just don't get the same oppourtunities as the males do. For example, the male agent gets 9 opportunities for ftb across the galaxy, besides the 2 romance choices he gets. Females only get one romance option and only 4 ftb ops, one of which, well, I wish I could 'unsee' it. There are countless other examples, like for instance Male Trooper gets the story with Jaxo and his romanceable companion, as well as countless other flirtations. I'm disgusted by the fact that female trooper only gets the stupid cat (in fact I opted out of that romance.)

It's pretty obvious the game designers cater to male players, they don't seem to realize there are alot of women playing too, and we'd like a fair bit of action and story in the game too, in terms of romances.
See my above post. I cant figure out why some of you people are so obsessed with your fake pixel relationship with a non existent character or lack there of. Seriously sad that this is what some gamers complain about.

SilentKitty
11.05.2012 , 02:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
See my above post. I cant figure out why some of you people are so obsessed with your fake pixel relationship with a non existent character or lack there of. Seriously sad that this is what some gamers complain about.
Well, different people like different things. Some people likes the challenge of going up against a great pixel foe with a group of their friends. Other people prefer to beat the crap out of pixels that are operated by another gamer out there. Some like to lose themselves in the story, roleplay with their pixels. Do what makes you happy. I am far more understanding of people who enjoy other things than me, than by you who by some strange notion look down on people who prefer another aspect of the game.

For me the companions and the romances are what makes this game stand out, it is what makes me spend time playing SWTOR and not a single player game instead. That I have found a great guild, can play SWTOR with my husband, that we enjoy Ops together, that is just a really great bonus. I chat in general, help people out when they need help. Play in Ops, arrange social activities for my guild. But, if it wasn't for the story-aspect, companions and romances, I would not be here. Different people like different things.

And yes, I would be really happy if there was a little bit more even with the flirts and ftb in the game. Let's hope for Chapter 4.