Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, did I do the right thing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So, did I do the right thing?

Technohic
11.04.2012 , 04:27 PM | #1
Civil War, defending grass on my scrapper, actually answered a call for 1 inc that became 2. I stayed stealth and watched my teammate die. Mezzed and kept the 2 from capping while my teammate is complaining about me just standing there as he 1v2ed. Then did not come back because of that. I held the 2 off thinking he would be back, and a 3rd came when I realized he wasn't coming. 3 was too much.

Earlier in the match, I had done the same thing and eventually the 2 attackers, died as I waited until I saw my fresh teammate (different guy) come flying in fresh health when the 2 attackers had not had a chance to recover; so I don't know. Dude was pretty mad.

Jmenks
11.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #2
Nope u were playing saftey, thats exactly what i would have done on my shadow. GJ to you.
Xekshek
Saber of Exar Kun
http://www.twitch.tv/xekshek

MelodicSixNine
11.04.2012 , 04:38 PM | #3
It all depends on a situation, but from what you said I think you did the right thing. Saving your teammate arse is not priority as he doesn't lose anything from his death. Your priority is to prevent people from taking/completing the objective.

hallucigenocide
11.04.2012 , 04:39 PM | #4
sounds a bit odd.. why not just focus his target and burst it down quickly and then go for the next one?

i mean if it first was 1v1 then one of them should atleast be ready to be offed by your assistance pretty quickly

Doomsdaycomes
11.04.2012 , 04:40 PM | #5
It's very situational. For instance, if they were full health vs. full health, then I would have jumped in.

If you arrived with them on 50%, and the enemy still 90%+ it's probably better to wait and stall.

Technohic
11.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #6
It would have been a shadow and scoundrel vs assassin and marauder.

Another thing I took in consideration was my disappearing act was not ready.

Stncold
11.04.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
You didn't really go into enough detail about the fight for me to make a judgement.on it.

If it was winnable, then you definitely should have jumped in.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

Technohic
11.04.2012 , 05:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
You didn't really go into enough detail about the fight for me to make a judgement.on it.

If it was winnable, then you definitely should have jumped in.
What details would you like?

I really am curious on this as it is a matter of where the line is to where I should go fight or wait with the objective in mind. I didn't have a lot of time to study the situation but I never will. It's heat of the moment split second decision between jumping in fresh 2v2 or waiting it out. I know I was surprised he popped out of stealth to fight right away when we could have mezzed at least one, maybe make them blow a breaker. I just don't knw.

FallenX
11.04.2012 , 05:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Novarre coast, defending grass on my scrapper, actually answered a call for 1 inc that became 2. I stayed stealth and watched my teammate die. Mezzed and kept the 2 from capping while my teammate is complaining about me just standing there as he 1v2ed. Then did not come back because of that. I held the 2 off thinking he would be back, and a 3rd came when I realized he wasn't coming. 3 was too much.

Earlier in the match, I had done the same thing and eventually the 2 attackers, died as I waited until I saw my fresh teammate (different guy) come flying in fresh health when the 2 attackers had not had a chance to recover; so I don't know. Dude was pretty mad.
Depends on the situation. If it was a no win scenario yes you did the right thing. But it sounds like you yourself held them off for a bit which leads me to think you may have been able to kill them... If he wasnt getting ***** I would fight...I mean worst case scenario...You open out of stealth on his target he dies before you kill that target, then you vanish, always call numbers so when 3 arrived i would have said 3 south or whatever, and you could have vanished to mes em n stuff. I dont know but it sounds like you did not do anything wrong but you may have been able to do more. Not trying to pick on ya....just from the information you have provided, that is the conclusion that I have come to.
Aldiez~ Operative Healz Diez ~ Sorceror Healz Arunil ~ Mercenary Healz Wheelbarrel ~ Commando Healz

Banderal
11.04.2012 , 06:06 PM | #10
I agree with the people that say you did fine. The objective isn't to kill them, it to keep your turrets and take theirs (despite what you hear otherwise ). You played for the objective, with the rest of the team in mind. I always think that's the right thing to do, even if the result is not perfect. How to go after those objectives is your call, knowing your toon, your capabilities, which cooldowns you have up (as you pointed out, no vanish up)), the situation at hand, etc. It's too bad your teammate thought he could second guess you on all that stuff, and then got "huffy" because of the way you played, and it's too bad he decided to take it personally - but I'd say that's not your fault.

'Course, I'm biased on this subject. Giving advice in chat is helpful. Abusing people because the don't play the "one right and true way to play" is arrogant and not helpful (IMHO). Plus I've had the same thing done to me few times - not the popping out of stealth version - but for not leaving a node defenseless to go help someone fighting off in the middle of the CW field. Or in HB, not stopping to help someone in a fight when the enemy ball carrier is on the other side of the field pushing for a score.