Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Expertise help a Companion heal more?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Does Expertise help a Companion heal more?

QuietGoneJinn
11.04.2012 , 02:00 PM | #1
So whenever I do PvE I use Quinn as a healer. I currently have him in full Centurian PvP gear. . .If I start replace that gear with Rakata would he be a better healer? Is the Expertise doing anything? Logically since I'm a Person and not "Environment" it would make sense if Expertise healed me more than PvE gear.

Any confirmation on this?

Skodan
11.04.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2
i believe expertise only works in pvp and does not apply to companions
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Selenial
11.04.2012 , 02:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
So whenever I do PvE I use Quinn as a healer. I currently have him in full Centurian PvP gear. . .If I start replace that gear with Rakata would he be a better healer? Is the Expertise doing anything? Logically since I'm a Person and not "Environment" it would make sense if Expertise healed me more than PvE gear.

Doesnt quite work like that, or every healer in the game would have to be in war hero.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

haliy
11.05.2012 , 07:30 AM | #4
Expertise has 0 effect in a PvE environment.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Legolose
11.05.2012 , 08:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
This ^^^^

Ashu-ri
11.05.2012 , 05:18 PM | #6
You would do much better to gear him in spare rakata from guild ops runs, or even Columi. As the above posters have said, Expertise is PVP only, and he's not used in PVP, plus, the rakata or Columi have other stat increases that increase his healing. But I wouldn't bother going over rakata gear.

JacksonMo
11.05.2012 , 10:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post

You're thinking of Presence.
If you mouse over your presence stat, it will tell you how much of a boost you are giving your companion.
Your companions have 0 presence, it is your presence that does it. So the switch from PvP gear to PvE would be an improvement if and only if the pve stats are better.

RendValor
11.06.2012 , 12:19 AM | #8
Expertise would only make him a better healer if you're actively fighting another player.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Owsley
11.06.2012 , 09:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Expertise would only make him a better healer if you're actively fighting another player.
Not true. Expertise does NOTHING for a companion. Presence (on you, not him) would increase his healing ability. Expertise only comes into play when YOU are in combat against another player and nothing else. Player characters are the only thing affected by Expertise
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

xstortion
11.06.2012 , 09:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
Wait so if I am reading this post correctly in open world pvp it is better to wear lets say Campaign over WH?