Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVE smuggler healer spec/gear/rotation ?


alkhattabi's Avatar


alkhattabi
11.04.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1
hello guys am almost lvl 50 on my toon and was wondering what spec,rotation and BiS stats for smuggler healers in PVE ?

thx

Blighboy's Avatar


Blighboy
11.04.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2
Not a smuggler so I'm not sure, but I'd recommend checking out the Scoundrel board in the classes section of the forums, they have a sticky on healing and could probably give you more advice.
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

alkhattabi's Avatar


alkhattabi
11.04.2012 , 03:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Blighboy View Post
Not a smuggler so I'm not sure, but I'd recommend checking out the Scoundrel board in the classes section of the forums, they have a sticky on healing and could probably give you more advice.
ya those threads r kinda old its for 1.2

SleepyKing's Avatar


SleepyKing
11.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #4
Noxxic has excellent guides for all classes, including spec builds and rotations.

Ms_Sunlight's Avatar


Ms_Sunlight
11.04.2012 , 09:36 PM | #5
There have been no significant changes to Scoundrel healing since 1.2 so the guides are still good if that's what they're based on.

As a healer you don't have a rotation as such, as your main job is to react to what happens. I like to keep SRMP up on someone at all times even out of combat to proc Upper Hand - going into a fight with 3 stacks of UH is incredibly helpful. Typically I'll throw this at myself or the tank. Upper Hand is your friend. It also enables your instant-cast heal for emergencies. Put pugnacity up before entering combat so as soon as you start using energy, you're regenerating it. As a sawbones you are the most mobile of the healing classes in the game and you have great utility, so make the most of that mobility with SRMP and Emergency Medpac - they're not the big flashy heals but you'll actually do a lot of healing over time. Don't try play like a sage. Play like a scoundrel and you'll out-heal most sages anyway.

The Rakata set bonus on Soundrel healer gear isn't as good as the bonus for some classes. The Battlemaster 2-piece set bonus is good though - a 15% increase to your multi-target heal is not to be sniffed at. If you like PVP, consider grinding a little extra to get Battlemaster gloves and boots and putting PVE mods in them. (I don't PVP on my scoundrel but do on my Operative and this is the route I'm planning on taking with her.)
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

Fracta's Avatar


Fracta
11.06.2012 , 03:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyKing View Post
Noxxic has excellent guides for all classes, including spec builds and rotations.
Never trusted a single thing noxxic has ever said

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details

The stat priorities are total nonsense. Endurance and accuracy and aim are 100% useless for a tank....

And the 50/50/15 thing is also total garbage.

The stats on my tank are 56/62/15.

So off topic, but i don't care.
Vossen / Ascendancy

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
11.06.2012 , 04:38 PM | #7
Think Ms_Sunlight pretty much covered everything....

This is my skills and equipment. Have not gotten past the second boss in TfB HM so I don't have the latest gear yet.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-fde2cc343b18

Not going to say it is perfect, but it gets the job done and makes anything below HMEC a joke. Never have issues with energy even in HMEC.

Vacarius's Avatar


Vacarius
11.06.2012 , 05:25 PM | #8
I use a 31/3/7 spec for healing (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...4-43a4372ddd8e). Since I do pve and pvp, this spec suits me fine for both. For a pure pve build, medscreen is alright but I consider it an almost useless skill. Defense screen only absorbs about 2.5k, so if you're getting hit it'll be used up before you can heal. The only time you can use it and benefit is when you're not getting hit, which reduces its value as a defensive cooldown (although it does last 15 seconds).

For gear you should generally get the two piece bonuses off both the pve and pvp sets, I haven't because I like the look of the rakata and with my gear don't need it (I will for NM EC). Always get the skill armourings, advanced artful mods (the crit one works too), and the advanced insight and adept enchancements. Stack skill augments. Do pvp and get two war hero boundless ages relics (though the BM version is fine if you hate pvp)

Generally you want to go something along the lines of:

Crit rating to 350, surge to 250-300->rest in power and alacrity

The rotation has been covered already, but make sure you refresh SRM instead of letting it time out, with two stacks this will save you a lot of energy over the fight.

EDIT: I fixed up my askmrrobot profile, so use that as a almost entirely optimised gearing and spec guide. Note that if you're a pure pve'er, you may want to adjust my spec slightly.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

alkhattabi's Avatar


alkhattabi
11.06.2012 , 09:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fracta View Post
Never trusted a single thing noxxic has ever said

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/troo...ty-and-details

The stat priorities are total nonsense. Endurance and accuracy and aim are 100% useless for a tank....

And the 50/50/15 thing is also total garbage.

The stats on my tank are 56/62/15.

So off topic, but i don't care.
lol iv seen what noxxic guide for shadow tank , i got a shadow tank BiS 61 completed 16 man HM TFP anyway when i say the stats and their recommendation to use Force Cloak + Resilience as a def tactic i was shocked never opened that site again so ya never trust em

alkhattabi's Avatar


alkhattabi
11.06.2012 , 09:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vacarius View Post
I use a 31/3/7 spec for healing (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...4-43a4372ddd8e). Since I do pve and pvp, this spec suits me fine for both. For a pure pve build, medscreen is alright but I consider it an almost useless skill. Defense screen only absorbs about 2.5k, so if you're getting hit it'll be used up before you can heal. The only time you can use it and benefit is when you're not getting hit, which reduces its value as a defensive cooldown (although it does last 15 seconds).

For gear you should generally get the two piece bonuses off both the pve and pvp sets, I haven't because I like the look of the rakata and with my gear don't need it (I will for NM EC). Always get the skill armourings, advanced artful mods (the crit one works too), and the advanced insight and adept enchancements. Stack skill augments. Do pvp and get two war hero boundless ages relics (though the BM version is fine if you hate pvp)

Generally you want to go something along the lines of:

Crit rating to 350, surge to 250-300->rest in power and alacrity

The rotation has been covered already, but make sure you refresh SRM instead of letting it time out, with two stacks this will save you a lot of energy over the fight.

EDIT: I fixed up my askmrrobot profile, so use that as a almost entirely optimised gearing and spec guide. Note that if you're a pure pve'er, you may want to adjust my spec slightly.
thx and alot for the helpful info and yes i do pvp alot so do u mind also posting ur pvp gear if u can ?

do u mind me asking u how well do u do in pvp and pve ?

oh ya and a pure pvp spec how it should be look like respecing is not a problem and wont be in 1.5 since sup people can respec for free :P
Thank you again for the helpful info