Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Backstab / Acid Blade

Ahebish
11.06.2012 , 10:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
yea, I just rerolled as an assassin, Im really dissapointed. I was here for the jarring strike nerf, and I didnt mind it, 3 sec was too long, I could kill people before they stood up, it wasnt even fun. Armor pen was a bit high too, I thought after that nerf we were in a good place

The backstab nerf killed me, I cant even enjoy the op with the stupid CDs now. 12 seconds to reapply acid blade and my major burst ability vs assasins maul with not only higher damage, no cooldown, but the ability to proc and make it even MORE damage and cost almost nothing. On top of spammable skill on par with lacerates damage, and shock on par with shiv.
One thing we disagree on is armor pen: Our armor pen was correct at 50%.

You realize there are some classes that can attain 115% armor pen right now? But that's not overpowered at all.

Ironically people say the class is weak, I guess some people aren't as analytical as I am about breaking down the mechanics and numbers of a given class.

Ahebish
11.06.2012 , 10:15 AM | #12
Lastly,

Lethality is a *********** joke. You should never be spec'd into lethality for any reason as an operative.

No I'm not going to give reasons why but trust me even as bad as concealment DPS is... lethality is far worse.

Lethality's only reasonable use is in Raids.

Chiltonium
11.06.2012 , 01:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
One thing we disagree on is armor pen: Our armor pen was correct at 50%.

You realize there are some classes that can attain 115% armor pen right now? But that's not overpowered at all.

Ironically people say the class is weak, I guess some people aren't as analytical as I am about breaking down the mechanics and numbers of a given class.
what classes can get 115%? O_O I know rage juggs can get 50% (20 from sunder stacks and 30% from shii cho)

And with 50% I was melting tanks like they were clothies. After the nerf it was better, people werent dying so fast the game was boring, tanks made me actually run around em, strafe, use other skills etc.

Now everyone giggles when they see dps operative and pat me on the head, telling me I am a special boy.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

steaktrooper
11.06.2012 , 04:04 PM | #14
Long story short, we got nerfed to the ground over and over. It is as if the devs themselves hated our class
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

Chiltonium
11.06.2012 , 06:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
Long story short, we got nerfed to the ground over and over. It is as if the devs themselves hated our class
Im trying other classes but theyre just not as fun :-(

Ill keep playing my op and hope they mirror some buffs they gave sin dmg and survival, and give us some cool looking unique animations like jugs and sins.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Masarko
11.07.2012 , 03:17 AM | #16
I miss the laugh sound when we got TA !

Made me feel alot scarier
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police

warultima
11.07.2012 , 07:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
I miss the laugh sound when we got TA !

Made me feel alot scarier
It was removed because DEV said it was "annoying" (w t f? ? ?) yet they didnt remove PT/VG's proc grins.
Maybe the TA laugh was too OPed on operatives so it has to be nerfed.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

phycosaber
11.07.2012 , 12:14 PM | #18
I specifically chose op for pvp for the stealth and "I got pwned by rogues in wow forever and want to be on the ground floor in this game". : )

I'm not awesome, but as my pvp got better (mostly WH now) it's way more fun. However, while I can knock someone down and get a couple good hits in before they know what happened, ops still don't have a big hit for a knockout punch. One of our best hits (hidden strike) REQUIRES stealth (90 sec cd.../sigh) and still can't crack 5k damage while I get killed by juggs and marauders and pt's with 5k-6k hits regularly.

With all the nerfs it kind of does feel like the devs really don't like concealment. Considering I'm the only concealment ops in virtually all the wz's I run (usually 4-8 daily on that toon) it would be interesting to see Bioware's data on the number of concealment ops and damage done versus other classes in war zones.

Ahebish
11.07.2012 , 12:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
what classes can get 115%? O_O I know rage juggs can get 50% (20 from sunder stacks and 30% from shii cho)

And with 50% I was melting tanks like they were clothies. After the nerf it was better, people werent dying so fast the game was boring, tanks made me actually run around em, strafe, use other skills etc.

Now everyone giggles when they see dps operative and pat me on the head, telling me I am a special boy.
But if I told you which class did 115% armor pen it wouldn't be a suprise now would it?

I'll tell you this much it's not a stealth class. No suprise there.

lol and yes that's how the community views concealments now... they ALL know the class is gimp'd beyond belief... some of them actually feel sorry for us. But none of them would advocate a boost in damage to this class by any means.

Ahebish
11.07.2012 , 12:37 PM | #20
In regards to the 115% armor pen class: I'm currently level 45, I won't be able to test my theory until level 50. So soon I'll find out for sure what the maximum potential for armor pen this class would have.

Right now however, it's at 80% for me. At level 50... If it works the way I think it will then that armor pen will be increased by 35% but I can't test it until I reach 50.