Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun Wars - your stun count per game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun Wars - your stun count per game

grallmate
11.04.2012 , 03:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I personally thing that stun-like mechanics (hard CC during which the player can be burnt down without a chance to retaliate) is an outdated mechanic.

Mezes are fine (they break on damage), so are slows and roots, but stuns need to be replaced by "disables", which basically lock *all* of your offensive skills, and root you, but enable you to use your defenses.

Completely losing control of your character on a regular basis, even for short amounts of time, is not fun, period.
I really like the idea of disables, I think it would require quite a bit of work for BW to implement and make no difference for Sages, but it would rock for classes that actually have defensive CDs.

Honestly though, the ones I find the most annoying are the mezzes. 6-8 seconds of doing nothing and not being hit is much more annoying than 3-4 seconds of getting focused. Especially the stealth mezz when I'm trying to run somewhere. I watched a single Operative (nerf Ops!) solo hold a bridge console in VS against 3 Knight ACs for ~25 seconds thanks to smart Sleep Dart usage. I don't think I've also ever died in the time I've been stunned, come close sure, but never actually died.

I also think the actual time spent CCed is a lot lower than people think, but the effect of being CCed is very noticeable and if you die while CCed you have to run all the way back to the action. The negative really sticks in your mind while the positive (or normal) is largely ignored. Or maybe my experience is just skewed because I have Unremitting and leap all over the place.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

NathanielStarr
11.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #12
You are stunned at least once and usually twice in every fight you engage in. It is part of most peoples rotations, which most people just blindly hit no matter the situation.

Meleemadness
11.04.2012 , 04:35 PM | #13
It is the main reason why i am canceling my accounts.....the stun spam is out of fking control and the devs are too idiotic to give a $%^&*!

I die 80% of the time in WZs while under a stun i cant get out of. I will go from 100 to dead during that stun....whats the fking point. The game is dead anyway, they will lose their license and hopefully retool and never make another MMO ever again.

denpic
11.04.2012 , 05:31 PM | #14
Not enough to make me come cry on the forums
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

denpic
11.04.2012 , 05:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Meleemadness View Post
It is the main reason why i am canceling my accounts.....the stun spam is out of fking control and the devs are too idiotic to give a $%^&*!

I die 80% of the time in WZs while under a stun i cant get out of. I will go from 100 to dead during that stun....whats the fking point. The game is dead anyway, they will lose their license and hopefully retool and never make another MMO ever again.
You must be getting something out of it other wise why play a game where you have so much trouble with The mechanics involved
the cc in this game is nowhere near as bad as others even wow has worse cc Effects.
lets not dumb the game down to the point where only the stats on your armour matter and we just stand there attacking each other
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

Chlomamf
11.04.2012 , 06:25 PM | #16
You'll find that you get stunned more in normal Warzones, as they are made up of the little kiddies who like the flashiness of the stuns, so they throw them ASAP.

However you will sometimes find people who use stuns tactically, and it's generally these people whom get called bad alot by their little-kid teammates.

MorgothQuick
11.04.2012 , 07:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
You must be getting something out of it other wise why play a game where you have so much trouble with The mechanics involved
the cc in this game is nowhere near as bad as others even wow has worse cc Effects.
lets not dumb the game down to the point where only the stats on your armour matter and we just stand there attacking each other
Actually WoW has had diminishing returns on ccs for a while. You should probably go read up before posting such misinformed information.

TheRampage
11.04.2012 , 07:30 PM | #18
I decided I'm stoping pvp until they lower cc or completly redesign it. I have no intention being target dummy for 5 people who each cc + dps me. I'm sorry but I dont find it fun being stuned to death. Killed by 5, no problem. Killed in way I'm being stuned not able to use anything - not my kind of fun.

Epic moment of the day? 3 maras on me each using force choke. I know, it is same as 1, but it was just fun to see

Smashbrother
11.04.2012 , 07:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
Actually WoW has had diminishing returns on ccs for a while. You should probably go read up before posting such misinformed information.
I haven't played WoW in years, but I still remember chain sheeping/chain fearing people for much much longer than in SWTOR. Unless they've changed this recently, the DR in WOW works like this: 10s, 5s, 2.5s, immune. Thing is, in WoW, CCs have different catagories so once you were immune to chain sheep, someone can stun you for full duration, or use another CC from a different category.

In SWTOR, ALL CC add to the resolve, and you can only be stunned a max 8s, or incapacitated for 16s.

MorgothQuick
11.04.2012 , 09:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I haven't played WoW in years, but I still remember chain sheeping/chain fearing people for much much longer than in SWTOR. Unless they've changed this recently, the DR in WOW works like this: 10s, 5s, 2.5s, immune. Thing is, in WoW, CCs have different catagories so once you were immune to chain sheep, someone can stun you for full duration, or use another CC from a different category.

In SWTOR, ALL CC add to the resolve, and you can only be stunned a max 8s, or incapacitated for 16s.
That's enough to die though while stunned when cc breaker is on cd. In WoW damage breaks stuns earlier than they would normally. That's why Mages could chain sheep, because if anyone did damage it would break instantly.