Artifice - Where to Find a White Lightsaber Crystal (And other rares)

WraithAscendant

This post will serve a reference for those seeking info on rare gems. Sticky please?

Hey all,

Some of you may be looking for something. Something perhaps out of the way and different from the regular crystals. Maybe you want a White Crystal like me, maybe your prefer Purple to Blue. Or maybe you want a hot pink, Magenta blade. Well rest assured you have come to the right place. Below is the best efforts of the community to gather information on these rare lightsaber colors.

A note from Bioware

The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.

What does this mean? Well it settles the issue that RE'ing rare items or crystals will give a schematic. Not sure you would want to do that after all the effort to get a white or Magenta...

Gem Color and Locations

Note some of this is speculative is not yet confirmed. What is here is the best efforts of the community to locate these rare colors. If you see an error or have more info that what is provided, please post and inform me! I will change it right away.

Blue - Artifice

Red - Artifice

Green - Artifice

Yellow - Artifice

Orange - High level Artifice (lvl 400), also drops from Corusant Worldboss, Nar Shadda Worldboss and Ulgo Siegebreaker on Alderaan [Note - "Normal" gems can be found in vendor sabers/gear as well]

White - The white crystal "found" by CatchDeathwalker was confirmed by Bioware to be a fraud. They have told us White is not in-game as of yet. For now we wait. I will find white come hell or high water...

Hello everyone, I wanted to clarify a little on our actions here. Here's the biggest question I wanted to address:

Unfortunately the actions of the player in question were intentional and deliberate. As well as the item being removed, further action was taken on this player's account. This was not an 'easy exploit', and not something the average player might 'stumble upon'.

Beyond that, we will not be commenting further - either on the player's method of obtaining the crystal or actions on their account.

Right now, it is not possible to legitimately obtain a White Lightsaber Crystal in the game through any gameplay method. In the future, it will be possible to legitimately obtain. When that day comes, we'll let you know so you can go about obtaining the crystal for your characters.

Again, we apologize for not commenting sooner as our investigation was ongoing.

Purple - EMPIRE ONLY!!! Tier 2 Empire Columi Gear, obtained via Hardmode Eternity Vault [unconfirmed]. They can also be obtained from PvP sabers, but YOU CANNOT remove the crystal.

Black Blue - Republic Rakata Gear

Black Red - Empire Rakata Gear

Black Yellow - Pre-order Bonus

Black Green - Obtained as bonus for Razer TOR hardware - http://www.razerzone.com/swtor

Cyan - REPUBLIC ONLY!!! Obtained from Columi gear, listed as "Light Blue" [LTBLUE]. Champion versions can be Cyan, but not removable.

Magenta - Also listed as "Light Red" [LTRED], Magenta has a few steps to do before you can get this one. As far as I know, Gargath, on Hoth drops a +33 Power schematic. Belsavis's Worldboss's, The Primal Destroyer, drops a +33 Endurance, a +33 Crit schematic and a +33 Power schematic.. The following are the steps for the main ingredient. Thanks to Taskcommnda

First Step - Tattooine: Click the base plate of any Water Vaporator ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moisture_vaporator ) for a refresh buff (waterglass icon) -- I found mine north of Mos Ila, but they are scattered about. Note: they seem to be on a fairly long cooldown.

Second Step - Travel to the top of the really tall mountain on Hoth (X-907,Y 637) - The closest speeder is at the Leth Outpost and the mountain is clearly visible from here. Your buff will disappear and you will get the "Pure Shockfrozen Water" item placed into your inventory.

Third Step - Take a couple of level 50 friends and go to the Depleted White Adegan Crystal node on Ilum; to the west (-553,-5) and click it. A Force Ghost will spawn from the frozen pool (boss level 50 mob). A crystal will then spawn for the group a few yards away from the depleted crystal. Loot this for the Magenta Crystal.

note: the moisture vaporator's are around outpost Rennar in the Jundland area of tatooine

CONFIRMED: drops from a nearby crystal formation that appears after you defeat the force ghost, seems only 1 crystal per formation, though no one else in the group had the frozen water to summon the ghost we could only try it once.

few pics:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_55_33_063275.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_57_23_826611.jpg

forgot to screenshot the crystal formation that spawned.

steps 1 through 3 were provided by the OP at

i simply copied and pasted the info to this thread

Contributors

If you have aided me and the community in your search for crystals and glory, tell me! I will gladly add you to this list. After all JOLLY COOPERATION is best no?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- SkywalkerPL

-Taskcommnda

Edited by WraithAscendant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Some may notice I have an obsession. It seems that a White blade gem CANNOT (at this time) be made through Artifice by normal means. I am proposing that those who know where to get white post here, as well as purple etc so we may actually find out how to make/find em. How this relates to Artifice is I am wondering if one were to breakdown a rare gem; would you get a blueprint? Anyone support this idea?

People have been theorising that this might already be in the game - but theres only one way to find out...

BREAK THEM ALL RARRR

Following this one closely. I'm a bit obsessed with finding a white/silver crystal too... Corran Horn FTW.

The only confirmed drop I know of is the Alderaan World Boss. I wish I had kept a copy of the screenshot of the loot table with it on it, but I should clarify that this was in Beta. I've had no 100% proven confirmations of a drop in live.

I did post in another thread, but i killed the world boss on Alderaan the other day, and he did NOT drop a white colour crystal, just two BoE prototypes and an epic schematic. I don't know if the schematic 'replaced' the colour crystal drop, but it seems fairly likely that all the 'rare' crystals aren't dropping any time soon. Perhaps an end-game only or a legacy feature for the rare colours?

I did post in another thread, but i killed the world boss on Alderaan the other day, and he did NOT drop a white colour crystal, just two BoE prototypes and an epic schematic. I don't know if the schematic 'replaced' the colour crystal drop, but it seems fairly likely that all the 'rare' crystals aren't dropping any time soon. Perhaps an end-game only or a legacy feature for the rare colours?

Possibly multiple drops for that boss, keep it coming guys

I remember watching a Darth Hater video and one of the guys had the Blue/Black crystal and said he had gotten it from PVP gear. Ill try to find the vid and will edit with the link

Edit: Seems they took the video down :(

Edited by Gindorf