Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.04.2012 , 10:56 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Before I give you another suggestion I want to make clear I am not trying dissuade you from making the story at all. I am merely trying to help you make it in a way that makes sense and flows well. Believe me, all I am trying to do is help.

Now, before you go any further with this play through the Jedi night story. You will get a better idea of things. Now think about this (warning, spoiler here if you have not already heard, which i think everyone in their grandmother has by now) who would be better suited to potentially have a child powerful enough to possibly destroy the Empire> Satele and Malgus or a Jedi who killed the Emperor? Malgus I wouldn't consider being the Sith father as he, at this point in time, is most likely unable to father a child.

You can still have the capture of Shan, but that could be the lure to get your Knight to come to herr rescue and succumb to the plan. Just throwing this out there for you.
I understand it but Theron Shan was born 30 years before the game time, the JK character might not be born yet. She could not know someone would rise to kill the Emperor, only Scourge might have a clue at that time.

Well I want to have a rescuer, but I favor Revan.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.04.2012 , 10:57 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by LiquidHayter View Post
Not to rain on your parade, but Malgus and the Twi'lek from the intro video of Deception were lovers. Her name is Eleena. And if you'd like to know what happens between them 1)read the book Deception or 2) click the spoiler:

Spoiler


So with that, I find any love relation between Malgus kinda far fetched. Also, Malgus seems so ****** until I found out he had a lover. And constantly had to protect her. Then I decided he was a little *****.
It has nothing to do with love at all, just powerplay.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.04.2012 , 11:06 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I understand it but Theron Shan was born 30 years before the game time, the JK character might not be born yet. She could not know someone would rise to kill the Emperor, only Scourge might have a clue at that time.

Well I want to have a rescuer, but I favor Revan.
So fill me in here. You are saying, in your story, that Theron would be the one Satele and Malgus create to ruin the Empire from within? Or are you saying that they will hook up again after the Sacking of Coruscant? A little timeline clarity would help.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.04.2012 , 11:10 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
So fill me in here. You are saying, in your story, that Theron would be the one Satele and Malgus create to ruin the Empire from within? Or are you saying that they will hook up again after the Sacking of Coruscant? A little timeline clarity would help.
They made it before the Sacking of Coruscant, but Malgus filled the child with the power of the Dark Side and severed his link with the light side, then Satele Shan found out and ran away before Malgus could catch her, then the Jedi council kind of sealed Theron's power of the Dark Side and lied to him, saying he was not force sensitive at all. The SI wanted to use this to corrupt Theron but later changed her idea, thought she should corrupt Satele first then worry about her son.

Darth Jadus and IA was behind this, IA used Star Cabal's data and found out Theron's real identity and leaked it to SI. Their goal is to steal the superweapon the silencer's technology from SI and make Satele Shan Jadus' servant(IA made clear that she would be under the IA).

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.04.2012 , 11:18 PM | #35
This poses a problem. Hasn't it been established that Theron really was not Force sensitive at all? This, for me, would be taking a huge liberty unless you were to state that he is, infact not Force sensitive. I also don't see how Satele would even do such a thing. She even stated in her own journal that she fears Malgus and does not want to face him again.

Now my next question is, how old is Theron in your story?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.04.2012 , 11:23 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
This poses a problem. Hasn't it been established that Theron really was not Force sensitive at all? This, for me, would be taking a huge liberty unless you were to state that he is, infact not Force sensitive. I also don't see how Satele would even do such a thing. She even stated in her own journal that she fears Malgus and does not want to face him again.

Now my next question is, how old is Theron in your story?
In the comic, the Jedi said such thing yes but they could lie about it. And with his link with the Force severed he indeed was no different than a non sensitive. And it's not a very big deal, if you want him to be totally non sensitive it's ok to change it.

Well Satele Shan grew stronger and stronger, she could fear him from the beginning but conquer her fear later, at least temporarily.

It's 3640 BBY, he's 31-32 I guess.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.05.2012 , 02:17 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
In the comic, the Jedi said such thing yes but they could lie about it. And with his link with the Force severed he indeed was no different than a non sensitive. And it's not a very big deal, if you want him to be totally non sensitive it's ok to change it.

Well Satele Shan grew stronger and stronger, she could fear him from the beginning but conquer her fear later, at least temporarily.

It's 3640 BBY, he's 31-32 I guess.
So would he be that old in your story? Because if you are basing this around your Inquistor, Warrior and BH in the game then the Knight would be old enough to be the one to make the baby. But if this takes place about 20 years earlier then your game characters would be pretty young themselves. I still have a problem with Satele and malgus getting together like this, but it's your story. I'm just trying to help you flesh it out and make it work. Can't have a story that makes little to no sense and flows like a frozen river up a mountain in the middle of winter on Hoth.

JacenHallis's Avatar


JacenHallis
11.05.2012 , 02:51 AM | #38
Let's put aside the fact that this plot is completely out of character for both Malgus and Satele. This fanfic could be some sort of speculative fiction, i.e. "What if ... ?"

You still have a problem with the story because Theron Shan's father is a known figure in the game, and it's not Malgus. If you want to know who he is, then click the spoiler. Otherwise, read Annihilation when it releases.

Spoiler


So, if you're doing a "What If" story, then realize that your Theron Shan (after all, Satele may still use that name if it has no connection to his actual father) is not the Theron Shan that's in the comics and books. He's a character purely of your own devising, sharing the name of an SIS agent in the actual EU.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.05.2012 , 09:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
So would he be that old in your story? Because if you are basing this around your Inquistor, Warrior and BH in the game then the Knight would be old enough to be the one to make the baby. But if this takes place about 20 years earlier then your game characters would be pretty young themselves. I still have a problem with Satele and malgus getting together like this, but it's your story. I'm just trying to help you flesh it out and make it work. Can't have a story that makes little to no sense and flows like a frozen river up a mountain in the middle of winter on Hoth.
The story started in 3640 BBY. But Satele Shan made that deal with Malgus years ago, they just discovered the fact.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.05.2012 , 09:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Let's put aside the fact that this plot is completely out of character for both Malgus and Satele. This fanfic could be some sort of speculative fiction, i.e. "What if ... ?"

You still have a problem with the story because Theron Shan's father is a known figure in the game, and it's not Malgus. If you want to know who he is, then click the spoiler. Otherwise, read Annihilation when it releases.

Spoiler


So, if you're doing a "What If" story, then realize that your Theron Shan (after all, Satele may still use that name if it has no connection to his actual father) is not the Theron Shan that's in the comics and books. He's a character purely of your own devising, sharing the name of an SIS agent in the actual EU.
Yeah I saw the preview, Satele said he was the dad but she could be lying to hide Malgus.