Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
Want to hear suggestion of TOR fanfic

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 05:17 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I like to discuss with you.

How about young make Chiss Cipher 9 has a romance with Satele?
Why does it have to be Satele Shan? You say you don't like the female characters in Star Wars, so why don't you write your own? You say that female characters have "lost charisma of women" - could you say what that even means? I have my own idea of what you might men, but I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth.

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 11:44 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Why does it have to be Satele Shan? You say you don't like the female characters in Star Wars, so why don't you write your own? You say that female characters have "lost charisma of women" - could you say what that even means? I have my own idea of what you might men, but I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth.
Well female Jedi are usually too stubborn and female Sith are usually too manipulative, they stuck to their code too much. It's a bit hard to write good romance for them.

No, I favor existing characters.

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 12:28 PM | #103
Well female Jedi are usually too stubborn and female Sith are usually too manipulative, they stuck to their code too much. It's a bit hard to write good romance for them.

No, I favor existing characters.
If you don't like the challenge, why are you writing?

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 01:34 PM | #104
If you don't like the challenge, why are you writing?
Well I did write romance of Anakin and another woman(They said it's quite good except they could not accept Anakin's romance), then romance of Count Dooku. After those fanfics I tried to write romance of Palpatine as challenge but I found it's just to weird after 1 chapter, so I guess it's not too wise to challenge such thing without a good plot or you really like these characters.

Tatile
11.09.2012 , 01:35 PM | #105
Why do you only use existing characters, why not make your own individuals?

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 01:40 PM | #106
Why do you only use existing characters, why not make your own individuals?
I don't know, I just hate original characters, especially if they interact with major figures in the story.

elliotcat
11.09.2012 , 03:52 PM | #107
I don't know, I just hate original characters, especially if they interact with major figures in the story.
That's the point of this game though. Just like the original KOTOR and KOTOR II. Your character has a major role to play, and they influence the galaxy in a big way. We're essentially all playing the same story, but our heroes are all different - they are what we want them to be.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Slowpokeking
11.09.2012 , 04:01 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
That's the point of this game though. Just like the original KOTOR and KOTOR II. Your character has a major role to play, and they influence the galaxy in a big way. We're essentially all playing the same story, but our heroes are all different - they are what we want them to be.
Well I am really afraid of turning the character into something like Mary Sue or some big savior.

BTW I already got the SI SW IA and BH in this story, since we had so many options in the game there are freedom and space to shape them, especially IA. Satele is also a cool character to write about, what do you think about the Satele&Cipher 9 romance?

greyjedibp
11.10.2012 , 01:21 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
. Revan's and Bastila's son was not Force sensitive.
Acally Their son was Force Sensitive he just deide not train way of the force

JacenHallis
11.10.2012 , 02:07 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by greyjedibp View Post
Acally Their son was Force Sensitive he just deide not train way of the force
I don't think he was. Or, he might have been, but only very weakly sensitive.

Quote:
"Sometimes the Force is a little hard to understand."
"You'd better get used to it," she told him. "It's in your blood. I can already sense it in those kids of yours."
"I guess it skips a generation," Vaner said with a soft laugh.
In the time of the prequel trilogy, the Jedi Order could use a blood test to determine Force sensitivity. A higher-than-normal midichlorian count meant that a child would make a good candidate for training. However, I don't believe that technology exists in the time of TOR or the Jedi Civil War. The reason is in the new book, Annihilation, and the comic series, The Lost Suns: Satele gave her son to her old master, and he trained Theron in the ways of the Jedi. However, it was later determined that Theron lacked any real Force sensitivity, and his training stopped.

I think that Vaner could have gone to the Jedi as a child and been trained, but he probably would have lacked any real power, and he'd end up much like Theron. Notice also how Bastila mentioned that she could feel the Force in his children, but never said that about him. The Force is indeed in his blood, and he passed it on to his children. The Force is like a disease; some people are just carriers.

There are other examples or people with Force training that lack real power. The best example is Zayne Carrick, who was pretty much a failure at Jedi training. He was lucky as hell, though.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.