Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom

smexymage
11.03.2012 , 03:22 PM | #1
Does anyone know where I can read this online? It was published in the latest Star Wars insider but I don't want to to shell out 6.99 for the mag as I only want to read the short story. It apparently leads straight into the Annihilation book thats coming by Drew so would like to have a read if possible.
. Never Forget

YoshiRaphElan
11.03.2012 , 04:44 PM | #2
I don't think you can read it online, but a summary should be available on Wookieepedia if you just want to know what happens. I, too, would like to read this story, but my Wal-Mart doesn't carry Star Wars Insider half the time.

Uluain
11.03.2012 , 04:57 PM | #3
If it isn't available from Star Wars Insider online, you realize that other web outlets hosting it without specific licensing have posted pirated IP, right? And links to that can't be posted here. Sorry.

smexymage
11.03.2012 , 05:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
If it isn't available from Star Wars Insider online, you realize that other web outlets hosting it without specific licensing have posted pirated IP, right? And links to that can't be posted here. Sorry.
Not necessarily, if the author has allowed it. Just dont fancy paying the cost of an overpriced magazine for one short story.
. Never Forget

JacenHallis
11.04.2012 , 03:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by smexymage View Post
Not necessarily, if the author has allowed it. Just dont fancy paying the cost of an overpriced magazine for one short story.
The author doesn't own it. Lucasfilm does. The nature of the licensing beast means that anything created for a licensed product becomes the property of the licensor.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

smexymage
11.04.2012 , 04:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
The author doesn't own it. Lucasfilm does. The nature of the licensing beast means that anything created for a licensed product becomes the property of the licensor.
Well even if that is the case, I don't think Lucasfilm own Star Wars Insider do they? If not then they(Lucasfilm) may have released it on other websites?
. Never Forget

Captain_Zone
11.05.2012 , 12:47 AM | #7
if you all have a local comic book shop, they usually carry Star Wars Insider. It's where I get mine.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

smexymage
11.08.2012 , 08:51 AM | #8
has anyone here read it? If so could you give us a little review and outline of how it links into the new book by Drew?
. Never Forget