Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked PvP

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Riggz
01.10.2013 , 02:26 AM | #101
Are you guys planning on playing elder scrolls online?

Also anyone tried planetside 2 yet?
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

PoliteAssasin
01.10.2013 , 02:29 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
I'm not on a pvp server im on this server.... I have been since the first set of server mergers....

not sure how I insulted RP servers, only people i've insulted are the pvp only guilds who do nothing but roll premades all day long on a PvE/RP server, then come into the forums bragging about how awesome they are..
What pvp only guild rolls premades all day? Not that its a crime, just wondering since I don't know of any guild that is 100% pvp.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

-Dark-
01.10.2013 , 08:22 AM | #103
Having played on a PvP server myself, I can actually say for a fact that the PvP is roughly about the same at 50 as it is on Begeren Colony. That being said, the main difference is the community. The server I played on had a lot of ego and were a particularly mean community. PvP'ers on this server (even the casual ones that nobody seems to like, such as myself) could actually hold their own on a PvP server.

Is it true that you should seek out a PvP server if your main goal is PvP (especially when it comes to guilds)? Probably, but for most of those said guilds that "roll premades all day" they actually aren't on all day and they actually do PvE. For example, ASB runs Ops and they are actually one of the best PvE guilds out there and they are also really good at PvP.

While I can agree that it is absurd to see certain people brag about their PvP stats when they play against casual players, let's not forget that a lot of the stats you see on the forums are actually against the really competitive PvP'ers. To say that guilds that are PvP oriented shouldn't be on this server really shows a lack of tolerance to be quite honest. I'll admit that Monoth does have a point by saying most people that are really into PvP should have gone to a PvP server, but I do have to raise the point that most of these said players actually add to the community of Begeren Colony despite their PvP intensity.

I'm not hear to start arguments, I just figured I get my two cents out since I count as a solely PvP player (yet at the same time a casual player), who didn't roll a PvP server in order to level in peace.

And if it helps at all, I queue solo and in premades of random people that I just happen to shoot invites to.

- Worst Player on Server
Status KIA: Siricius Kaust formerly Huxley Stormwind of Lord Ieldis

Desiirea
01.10.2013 , 01:47 PM | #104
Oh Siri brings up a good point. You don't get to quest in peace on PvP server if you want some down time. Some people love to do warzones, but the last thing they want is to be ganked when solo questing. These are almost never "fair fights". If someone is in the mood to take that risk they can flag themselves on a PVE server.. where on a PvP server you have no choice. Now some people like that sort of thing. Me, personally, I like down time where I don't have to look over my shoulder every moment if I so choose. I prefer team based objective pvp, not random killing. It's the best of both worlds.
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

MelliMelon
01.15.2013 , 12:58 AM | #105
Thanks OG for putting a group together. We were pretty tired so we logged after one game, but hopefully you guys got some good matches against GD.

I'm going to try to organize a casual puggish ranked night sometime this week, but it's really going to depend on my schedule. Grad school is busy XD.

PoliteAssasin
01.15.2013 , 06:54 AM | #106
That OG, he's a boss man..
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

MelliMelon
01.22.2013 , 01:20 AM | #107
Another successful ranked night with Denikus, ASB, and GD. We look forward to next week, when hopefully all 3 teams will have everyone there (as each was missing at least one). The only problem is that the 3rd team has to wait while the other two play.

Do I hear another competitive team gonna queue up?

Syberduh
01.22.2013 , 05:17 AM | #108
We were actually competitive in huttball. I rate the evening a resounding success.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

colmiak
01.23.2013 , 02:53 PM | #109
we didn't get huttball
(i think)

you guys kept stealing the pit!! wah/cry/pout

MelliMelon
01.26.2013 , 02:05 AM | #110
Thanks GD for organizing another night of ranked! We queued for a while with Sovereign and GD on Friday (late night).